This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi to all members, I'm an electronic technician since 1976, I started working at Coleco Industries in troubleshooting computer games. I still repair printed circuit boards for various companies. I hope I can help the members of this site to troubleshoot the problems they have with their printed circuit board.

Comment

Just wanted to say hello to everyone here. I am an amateur techie just interested
      in some of the steps others take to troubleshoot. Maybe some day I can be of help to someone.

Comment

Hi I'm from Toronto ontario, I'm here to learn more about tv repairs and hopefully be able to fix my own electronic

Comment

Hi - This is Cornel and I am from Romania

hello
          As I said I am from Romania and I found this forum useful for me.
          I am an engineer with too many passions.
          I found this forum during my internet surfing for repairing a Plasma Samsung TV. It is a PS42B430P with Y-Main (1 layer) BN96-09751A damaged I think. There is a wrong voltage on Vsc. It should be -192V and it is only -110. There are only some color points on the display. I think this is the faulty module.
          This is a little about me.

Comment

Hi everyone,

My name is Alex, I'm a 25-year old guy from the Netherlands. I'm a Business IT & Management student. I recently started tearing open electronics to fix them, my latest accomplishment being restoring an old Korg M1 synthesizer to brand new shape.

Hope to meet some great people here

Comment

hi guys namastey am sureshbobby

Comment

Hi,

This is a useful forum. bad caps in home electronics drive us all nuts.

Comment

Hello all,
                  I came across this group while searching for some information on a piece of test equipment I have. Looks like a great group to be a member of. Now a little about myself.

First, I am a self diagnosed Test Equipmentaholic! I have lots of test gear, and can not seem to get enough. Personal problems aside, I do have an assortment of test equipment that seems to grow every time I go to a hamfest or electronics swap meet. I have been tinkering with things electronic from about the first time I was able to pick up a screwdriver. Nothing was safe around my parents house! I did go to school for electronics many many years ago, when they were still teaching things related to vacuum tubes. I do not earn my living doing anything related to electronics though. I am an amateur radio operator, extra class license. Been licensed about 30 years. I love the smell of solder in the morning, or any time of the day for that matter.

Currently I am in the process of repairing/restoring a Tektronix 2445B that I actually found it a few weeks ago in a scrap metal yard waiting to be crushed. Hopefully, I'll have it fully functional in the next week or so. Waiting on replacement capacitors to arrive. Should have been here today, according to tracking, but USPS sent them to a city about 175mile away and tried to deliver them. Go figure. Probably early next at this point.

I found this group looking for a service manual on a Tektronix CFG280 function generator. It works fine with the exception it will not go to the full rated 11mhz. It will do 10.65mhz. Probably just an internal adjustment. I have already verified the built in frequency counter is within tolerance, so I need to find the adjustment.

Well that's enough for now. Hopefully this will be a mutually beneficial arrangement being a member of this group.

Mitch

Comment

Hi friends,
                    am suresh bobby being an hardware engineer in it with 8 years of experience
                    troubleshooting laptops and projectors is my job. Am lucky to join this family. Thank you admin for making this.

Namastey
                    sureshbobby

Comment

I have a Dynex 40 inch tv (DX-L40-10A) that will not power on. The red standby light is on and I hear a click sound when I plug it in, but nothing else happens. I bought and replaced the main board (122917) and the power supply board (122904), and when I plugged the tv up again, I hear the click sound and the red standby light is on, but nothing else. Can you please tell me what else could be wrong with this tv? Thanks.

Comment

hi! I'm looking forward to becoming a part of this forum!
                        Now, I'm sure that I'm going to be asking many more questions than I'll be answering, but i've got my head on straight when it comes to learning electronics.
                        I've got basic schematic reading skills and can find most obvious problems, and can narrow down most of the rest to an respectable educated guess.

I know my way around soldering equipment and have done a handful of SMD work. My educational background is mainly in computer software and some automotive by hobby.

I look forward to learning and helping as much as possible!

Comment

Hello, and thanks for the add. I'm an EFI calibrator, not an electronics wizard. But sometimes my profession forces me into the realm of electronics.

Here I am today, trying to figure out the best way to replace caps in an EEC-IV Ford computer from the 80's.

Comment

Hello,

Joined this site because it seems to be the best place to get info on fixing busted LCD monitors.

Comment

Hello,
                              this looks like a great source of information for repairing my plasma TV TC-P50GT25 without having to scrap it or pay to much to have it repaired.
                              thanks,
                              david

Comment

Who am I? Whats my story?

Simply put, Hi all, my name is KennyRoody and I am an electronics engineer in the US Army. I fix all kinds of things, but mostly surface mount electronics. I came to this site for all the helpful information everyone has already posted concerning various boards, circuits. Why reinvent the wheel?
                                What I can promise? I will help wherever I can, I will listen when required, I will respect everyone and I will keep my opinions to myself. I will make myself available anytime someone needs me. Please feel free to reach out if you need assistance. Thank you all.

Comment

Guys,
                                  I'm a newbe, always looking to repair things my whole life. I owned a petroleum service company back in the 90s, and enjoyed updating all the pos and dispenser equipment. Since then I always try to fix anything electronic like tv, appliances, computers, anything electro mechanical too. Its fun and rewarding to keep up with the talent. Thanks to anyone that may be of help in the future.
                                  Jim

Comment

Hi to everyone......glad to be part of this community.......Have been in and out of the electronics field for many years......maybe even older then dirt......I can remember changing vacuum tubes,caps and resistors and then came along the transistors.......now the new printed boards with smaller components WOW ! can you imagine how "older then dirt feels now"

OH WELL ! I really like to work on any type of electronic items. I also need some help from time to time and saw this post so decided to add my two cents or maybe one cent.....

Worked on tvs, stereos and other electronic items over the years as a tech and to help friends and neighbors.......also worked as mechanic, painter, brick layer, and many other jobs that would have me......enjoyed all of the challenges......

I guess that is why I continue to repair things as the challenge is there to see it work again as I am sure all of you feel somewhat the same way......

Good to be aboard...I hope we can exchange ideas and suggestions as we move ahead..

Ron

Comment

Hey, I'm steven and I joined the forum because I restore vintage audio equipment and have to deal with a ton of different capacitors. My main focus is to gain and pass on knowledge to others looking into the strange vintage components I have encountered.
                                      Thanks

Comment

I'm repairing my own stuff.. Just need some help sometimes :-)
                                        Hi, to everyone...

Comment

Still trying to fix anything that's broken. Right now it's my Samsung 204BW monitor. Already replaced the notorious capacitors. Looking for information on acquiring a new "Function PCB" that got broken during the process.

Read a very interesting thread on here on that very subject prior to signing up.

Thanks for letting me in.

Comment

Working...
                                          X