X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi All

I'm Lee from Poole in the UK. I've been into electronics since I was a teenager, when I used to build and repair disco and pa equipment, and build all manner of electronic projects from electronics magazines and project books etc. I have been a computer user since the days of the ZX81 and in particular mac's since around 1988. I have repaired and upgraded macs ever since then, to the point of complete strip downs and rebuilds of macbooks and ipads etc. and have occasionally repaired electronics kit for family and friends. I currently have several devices (not macs) that have fallen foul of the badcaps phenomenon and am hoping this forum will assist where the majority of the internet does not!!

Comment

hi

Comment

i got an lg 50pc1d tv picture dont work only thing on the screen looks like a bar code stretching from top to bottom that changes position every second or so

Comment

Hello My name is Bill. I own and run a graphic design shop. We do websites and any other type marketing needed. I came to this site to fix some monitors that I have in storage. After reading many post I decided to join.
          Thank you
          Bill

Comment

Hi

Comment

Hello to all, I am a plumber but love building custom pc's and tinkering with electronics. I have been lurking around these forums for years now and have received a lot of help from all of you and the badcaps store (i know... 2 separate entities). I have repaired many of friends monitors and now I am boldly stepping up to tv's.

Comment

Hi everyone, from Massachusetts here. I have a problem with my LG plasma 60" TV, I found some great info, soon as I replace a fuse on my ZSUS board, i'll either be all set or will be posting for some help.

Comment

Hello everyone, Been looking for a while for a site like this, I picked up a LG 50PJ350 set and one of the boards has problems.. But Like most DIY'ers out there i like to try to fix it before jumping on it=P

Comment

I just wanted to drop a quick line and say hi. I am very very green to electronics and looking for a good place to learn.

Comment

Hello all. Here looking for some assistance in repairing electronics thanks in advance for the help

Comment

Thanks for the welcome.
                        I am an Engineering Technician for GE Embedded Products.
                        Found myself with recent erratic video on a Sceptre X3222BV TV. Picture is fine after about an hour. ...Put a scope on 5 and 12 volts, and found substantial spikes that subside after an hour, corresponding to video problems. I suppose that it could be anything on the power rails, but most likely power supply MIP320FL-2. So going to swap out the lytics. A couple of questions, though:
                        Does anyone know the values for EC10 and EC13? Can MIP320FL-2 be replaced with MIP320FL-Q3.
                        This is an awesome forum, and I look forward to sharing...

Comment

Hi,
                          My name is Jon. I joined this forum, because I need help fixing my Samsung LCD and this is by far the most informative place I've found.
                          I'm always willing to learn, but I'm in over my head and in need of assistance.
                          I'll post my question in the TV forum as soon as I'm allowed.
                          Looking forward to getting help fixing my TV.
                          Thanks,
                          Jon

Comment

Hello - I own a computer repair shop, mainly software troubleshooting and replacing faulty components. Lately, I've been getting more monitors with bad caps. Most customers simply throw them away and replace. I'm using them as learning tools and a way to outfit my shop with more wide-screen monitors in the process. Here to learn. I'm 'ok' with soldering, have replaced power jacks on laptops and a few sets of caps on monitors.

Thanks - Rob

Comment

Hello folks! I am both amused and pleased that this forum exists! I'm an electrical engineer and am currently designing high performance pro audio gear. I've had my fun recently with capacitors that misbehave, and look forward to reading about others' experiences and perhaps adding some of my own. Cheers!

Comment

Greetings everyone! I'm an extreme newbie when it comes to caps, and have lurked for a while. My first cap replacement went pretty poorly, at best, but I am determined to get better. lol

I've researched so a bunch and am excited to post pictures to see exactly what I am working with. It looks like I have 3 boards to repair at this point. :-/ Another monitor went black just a few hours ago.

Anyways, great place for info I am excited to learn about this!

Comment

Hello workers,
                                  My first computer was an Ibm pc-xt @ 4MHz also. Jacked up to 20MHz with additional card.
                                  Then I built a Gateway 386 30MHz, with a huge 80MB HDD which alone cost $427 in 1990.
                                  I was a Test Engineer for GM-Delphi until they went bankrupt. Retired now.
                                  Currently refreshing myself with assembler language for a project I'm doing.
                                  Now I remember what a pain in the ass it was.

Comment

hey everyone, its Eiko (though some people call me Miss QUEEN E!) Please don't though, I hate high-Royal titles!
                                    I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT COMPUTERS WHAT SO EVER. So I'll be coming here often with every little computer question I have! Be prepared!

Comment

Hi all, I'm a Network Engineer from Gold Coast Australia. found your forums whilst searching for some help for my mums TV. I don't have a lot to offer in term of assistance or advice to areas outside of my expertise however, am happy to help out if anyone has any questions regarding WiFi or RF networks.

Cheers

Comment

Good morning to everyone from Athens

Comment

Hi Everyone.

Comment

Working...
                                          X