Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi folks.

Comment

Just posting to say hi.

Comment

Jason from NH having some problems recently with my Sony TV ahhhhh!!!

Comment

My name is Hollister Thompson from Trinidad, West Indies. I am a part time Electronic Service Technician. It has always been my fancy. Professionally, I am a retired Public Health Inspector but now works on contract. I have always loved electronics and have been at it ever since I was a student of National Technical Schools (correspondence course) now defunct.

Comment

Please call me Hollister.

Comment

Hi, I've joined this site to learn as much as I can about fixing my Vizio plasma tv. Thanks for all the help!

Comment

joined up hoping for some help with modifying a weller lol, fingers crossed

Comment

Hello all!

Comment

Knowledge is power!

Comment

Nice to meet everyone!

Comment

good day guys I'm bnard from philippines,I'd joined this forum coz im finding a way to fix my laptop.I hope this forum,owner,admins and members here could help me save my little laptop...thanks

Comment

Hello everybody!

I am live in iowa and dabble in repairing all things. I am a computer technician at a local university and that is where my expertise are. I am handy with a soldering iron.

Comment

Hello all, I have come here to seek answers for a dead monitor and maybe even some other dead electronics lying around. I have a general understanding of electronics but need some help in the more advanced stuff.

Comment

Hi,

New member here, found this forum a couple of times looking for fixes.
                              So I though it was time to register

Comment

Hi !

New user here, ksor, looking for hints to fix different problems on computers.

Especially these faulty displays where the caps eoften explode !
                                Best regards

KSor, Denmark

Comment

Hello!

Comment

Howdy folks! I'm Nathan from Texas. Looking forward to learning more about fixing things!

Comment

Hi All - just stepping into the world of TV repairs :P

Comment

Hello All.

My passion was to build circuits/devices, and then program those devices with firmware. College was a blast back in the 80's.

Sadly, my passion was never realized because I could not get a job in my chosen field.

Alas, I took a job as a computer repair technician back when the Apple II and IBM PC just came into existence. Although this was not my chosen field, it did at least provide the income I needed to start a family.

It's not all bad! I have only had two jobs since college, the first for 4 and 1/2 years, and the second is still my current job.

Now it's time to get back to my passion. I have repaired a few LCD monitors, built a Smart Card reader using specs from a guru on the net.

My plans are to get back to where I started, so I have to relearn a lot of stuff!

Looking forward to this forum.

Comment

Hi everyone. Trying to fix an LCD monitor... My technical skills are very limited, as i am new to this field.

Comment

Working...
                                          X