This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Thanks for the welcome. I am a total novice and I am in my 70`s. I got an old tv and want to bring it back to life.

Comment

Hi,
      New to the forum no background in this sort of thing just interests me as a hobby, looking forward to reading and learning from you guys!

Comment

Hello. I am David from Slovakia. Your forum helped.me few times. Now I have some problem, that I couldn't figure out by myself. Maybe you guys can help me.

Comment

Hi I'm Richard from London, UK, retired from a lifetime in IT. Found this forum whilst searching for advice on fixing the SMPS of a Dell computer!

Comment

Hi guys,

my name is brezel and I'm from germany. I hope that my english isn't to bad to ask questions ...
            I found this fourm while i was troubleshooting the notebook of my sister.
            (Sony Vaio, power/battery problems)

Comment

Hello, My name is Dustin. I'm from Missouri. I'm looking to learn how to repair electronics.

Comment

Greetings, I am Noel from New Zealand. an electro-freak, amateur radio op, and general fiddler with anything that has buttons meters knobs and hidden adjustments. Aahhhh yesss, the hidden adjustmewnt screw coated with red sealing paint..... my FAVOURITE!
                :o)

Comment

Hello everyone, im new on here, and im currently troubleshooting my 47" toshiba. ill ask questions a little later when i take pics. thanks everyone

Comment

hi im rags ,i started out working on tvsas a hobby and loved it ,im not great at it yet but im loving what i see on your board,im disabled and fixing and selling tvs helps out with the bills,i am real good with dlps,im not as good with plasmas ,and lcds,so im hoping i can learn on here, ill be a constant guy on here because i enjoy learning about electronics,thanks for having me

Comment

Hi guys I am new to this forum and hope can find some help and also maybe give some help - my name is raf and am 53 from Cardiff s-wales - have 40 years of experience in the electronics industry. Hope that u all welcome me to this forum.

Comment

Hi, I'm HÃ¥kon from Gothenburg, sweden. My TV stopped working and I'm hoping to find some answers. :-)

Comment

Wow you guys have a lot of experience.....well first off i went here to seek some help.....i may not know quite a lot but i promise to help somebody who needed some help too......

By the way my name is joseph emmo and im an associate in computer technology.....nice to meet you and thanks.

Comment

Hi I'm Dave from Lafayette, Louisiana. I found this forum via this link: https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...t=30733&page=2

on a hit when I searched for the tv that was just gifted to me. I'm in avionics, 15 years helicopter civilian, prior to that I was usaf on the b-1b doing ecm for 7 years.

Hope I can get my free tv going. It's doing exactly what the OP in the above thread was experiencing. I suspect bad ccfl but have yet to tear into it further than checking good input 24vdc to the inverter board. Board does show signs of heat discoloration on back side near large caps on either end of board and around transformers 1 and 12 though so it may be toast. I'm on my work week currently but was able to get in a little troubleshooting on it tonight since we were slow. I'll post more info if I get a chance to look at it again. I'm thinking of rigging up a test cfl to check each individual transformer. I've already made 12 alligator jumper clips with smashed flat terminals so I can get the board spaced about 4 inches back from the lamp fixture terminals and isolate each one individually. But the protection circuitry throws it into "2 secs to black" mode over the normal 43 secs with the board properly inserted in all 12 slots.

I sent an email to dynex, who I guess are part of RCA? I noticed the boards are slated for both brands of tvs. Maybe I'll get a reply. I asked them for a quote on a new board and a good vendor for lamps.

Well that's all I have for now.

Cheers

Comment

Hi from Surrey BC, joined to get info on fixing my LCD TV.

Somewhat experienced in electronics for about 50 years.

Thanks for the great forum!

Don

Comment

Hi, I'm Dmitry, from Ukraine. I'm an service engineer in an authorized service center? also an DIY electronics enthusiast. Alternative energy sources, high voltage, modern physics, essoteric and proffessional photography is not all I'm ineterested in )

Comment

Hi,
                                  I'm Peter, from the West Midlands in the UK, looking to learn some new skills from the wealth of experience on this forum.

Peter

Comment

Hello all. I am new here as a user, I have however been coming to this site for awhile. I repair all sorts of electronics, from kuerig coffee makers to PCs and laptops. I enjoy getting my hands into everything and learning to do stuff myself. I appreciate all the wonderful posts on this site, as by just reading into things I have been able to diagnose and repair 3 televisions in 3 weeks 2 lcd and one plasma.
                                    Anyways thanks to everyone and I am glad to be a registered user now.

Comment

G'day mates,

I'm Amdry from Croatia looking for some fresh ideas about TV issues that I encountered lately. I repair electronic stuff for 20 years now, been coming to this site occasionally. Trying to become international chess master lately :-)

Comment

Hi I'm Brian. I'm having some issues with a plasma TV and I was hoping to find help here.

Comment

Hi,
                                          Another novice seeking advice with a plasma tv repair. This one belongs to my married daughter and son-in-law. Being one who never likes to throw things away without ensuring that they are beyond economical repair, I have taken on this challenge.
                                          Having done a lot of reading on this forum and others, I was impressed by the level of support and knowledge offered by this forum, so decided to join.
                                          Hope you can assist me too.

fnd45/4

Comment

Working...
                                          X