Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommendations of quality soldering station and (separate) hot air station

Hey,

I'm looking for some recommendations of a decent quality soldering station and a separate hot air station. I'm just a hobbyist, so even if (ultra)premium tools are not required, I still want some good tools. They should be available in Europe.

I now have a TS100 and some soldering irons and looking for some better tools.

1. Soldering station, budget around 200-240€
    JBC BT-2BWA seems to be a good product in the budget.

2. Hot air station, budget around 200€
    Up to now I've found ATTEN ST-862D to be a good option.

What do you think about these products? Do you have some other recommendations in about the same budget, or lower budget if you think I get about the same quality.

Thanks.

Re: Recommendations of quality soldering station and (separate) hot air station

I have the Atten, it's an awesome piece of kit.
    Have a a look at the PACE ADS200, there's a big thread over on eevblog about it

Comment

get a JBC or a clone,
      you will save a fortune in tip cost compared to the pace crap.

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
        get a JBC or a clone,
        you will save a fortune in tip cost compared to the pace crap.
        The price is around the same for the tips for the Pace or JBC.
        If the fake stations are like the one Northridgefix tried out the firmware is absolute garbage and the station was unusable.

Comment

there are lots of JBC compatable stations now - some have great reviews.
          unlike a review i saw for the pace

Comment

Why a knock off when you can get an original JBC at about the same price?

Comment

I have a cheap ZD 8908 hot air station using it i found :
              It is good for small cms components that have exposed pads...
              It is really bad for chips and IC's especially in multi-layer PCBs

Comment

What are “cms components”?

Comment

there are lots of JBC compatable stations now - some have great reviews.
                  unlike a review i saw for the pace
                  Yes, I was looking at the i2c stations which seem garbage, the Aixun stations look good though, so good I bought the T3B. Half tempted to the the T3A also.

They are about a third of the price caprider.

Comment

Aixun reviews
                    https://www.youtube.com/c/Sdgelectronics/videos

Comment

Im looking for an update on my KSGER T12 also, T3A T245 clone, Pace ADS200 or save up for the real deal? (JBC)

Comment

The T3B beats the KSGER on power and doesn't have an iffy power supply. I've also bought a T3A after being impressed with the T3B. Watch the review stj links.

Comment

Originally posted by diif View Post
                          The T3B beats the KSGER on power and doesn't have an iffy power supply. I've also bought a T3A after being impressed with the T3B. Watch the review stj links.
                          Thanks, indeed looks half decent to me!

Comment

Indeed AiXun T3B is first option for nano and precise components.

Comment

Aixun T3A for me. And I am very happy with mine.

Comment

here is a question, can a T3a base run the smaller handle with micro-tips or is the cartridge voltage/sensor different?

Comment

No you can't run a T12 cartridge in the T245 pen using the T3A base station. You need the T12 pen to run T12 cartridges. I've got one and it works fine.

Comment

i didnt mean that,
                                    i meant can a T3A base run a JBC micro-pencil intended for a T3B ?

Comment

AFAIK no. The plugs are different between the T3A and the T3B

Comment

just the plugs?

Comment

Working...
                                        X