A1707 lcd question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A1707 lcd question

This is not a logic board related issue. LCD was swapped out and verified the good one works.

So heres the deal, the LCD we have is not cracked, and the backlight turns on. BUT, there is no image on this specific LCD. There is no flexgate because the backlight is turning on. Its just the backlight turning on and the screen is not cracked. I replaced the LVDS connection on the LCD and it still has the backlight turning on. Does anyone have an idea how to repair these in order to get it to display the full image? note the LCD again is not broken or cracked or has the Flexgate issue. I think I see this online as a common issue sometimes in these LCD models. Thanks for anyone that has experienced this and has a solution.
    sigpic
    MEOWING IN THE IMPOSSIBLE UNIVERSE!

Re: A1707 lcd question

Backlighting is with 2 lines of interconnect. Hot and ground.

Video display involves numerous lvds lines.

This could still very well be flexgate related.

There is a youtube video where the tech repairs the flexcable that is the root cause but it is not the best solution.

Comment

Can you link me to this youtube video. I would like to attempt to repair this LCD and I am capable of so.
      sigpic
      MEOWING IN THE IMPOSSIBLE UNIVERSE!

Comment

Suspecting a connector or trace break in the flex lcd cables since a different lcd works. Do inspect the connectors on the non-working lcd.

Review this lengthy (no pun) process:

https://youtu.be/A3hUg3KjfYI

Guessing that the lcd cables can be sourced offshore. Update this thread if you attempt this fix.

Comment

Working...
        X