X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 12v 1uo941243c Relay repairable?

Originally posted by petehall347 View Post
    any advancement ?
    No but a friend mechanic will come tomorrow and look at it let's see if we can solve the mystery. if you can give more advise very appreciated
    Last edited by bohaboha; 10-03-2022, 06:38 PM.

Comment

any advancement ?
      Hi there came a friend who is a car mechanic but we did not manage to connect he computer to car controls he shall return when it is possible for him. meanwhile so I found this video do you think it can be similar problem that I have? if it is think you can fix the diagram although i think his ECM is similar to my own and i might be able to follow his

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moGszDaCVME

Comment

its likely another blown fuse . is the 12v present at the obd2 connector ?

Comment

did you look in the computer yet?

Comment

i dont think it can be the ecm blowing fuses as it looks like its providing grounds to the fuel pump etc .
            a blown fuse can stop comms at the obd connector .and can be something silly like lights fuse etc .
            car electrics do strange things like one i worked on and wouldn't start with a blown horn fuse .

Comment

i dont think it can be the ecm blowing fuses as it looks like its providing grounds to the fuel pump etc .
              a blown fuse can stop comms at the obd connector .and can be something silly like lights fuse etc .
              car electrics do strange things like one i worked on and wouldn't start with a blown horn fuse .
              Sorry I no longer have a blown fuse what I have is 3 or 4 fuses that don't get current and all have to do with motor control and ignition and they are nr: 29, 15a/32, 10A/34, 10A and 39. 20A

Comment

something very strange: today i pulled off all the relays in the car even the two in the engine side and turned the key to ignition everything lit up on the panel and even the central lock worked open and close is it normal?

Comment

cant say if normal but i guess it is . did you replace the 50a fuse ?

Comment

The fusible links all looked OK in the picture. I think OP doesn't know how to test them or is making bad conclusions leading to a goose chase?

Comment

Originally posted by redwire View Post
                      The fusible links all looked OK in the picture. I think OP doesn't know how to test them or is making bad conclusions leading to a goose chase?
                      yes indeed . only 1 way is to be methodical with these things an study the diagrams to narrow things down .

Comment

all fuses and relays etc need to be installed to proceed properly .

Comment

no wonder you lose power first I had a fuse that was blown then there were four fuses that were intact but they had no power plus a friend car mechanic who wanted to help but couldn't get connected to the car computer and another thing there aren't anywhere the high amps fuses like in other cars

Comment

all fuses and relays etc need to be installed to proceed properly .
                            of course it was just a thing that I wanted to try

Comment

you said the 4 fuses all blew ?

Comment

yes indeed . only 1 way is to be methodical with these things an study the diagrams to narrow things down .
                                i'm trying to search methodic. the biggest problem is to know why no current flows to these four fuses as well as no current to the crank sensor i can't find the root to them and i don't know if they comunicate with the ECM or the ECU

Comment

you said the 4 fuses all blew ?
                                  no not blow they are ok but when testing i get 0 volt on multimeter and no light on tester

Comment

those 4 fuses from before are powered by the fuel pump relay . which gets the power from that 50 amp fuse .

Comment

those 4 fuses from before are powered by the fuel pump relay . which gets the power from that 50 amp fuse .
                                      honestly i don't know where the 50amp and dem steel fuses on the battery look to be fully tested with continuity and volts but don't know if they are 50 amp i'll check extra tomorrow

Comment

From the .pdf in post #50, master power relay K20 gets a 50A feed and seems to be controlled by the ECU.
                                        It has four (output) branches - F28 15A fuel pump, F43 10A, F32 10A, F34 10A are for ECU controlled solenoid valves.
                                        K20 also switches power to the instrument cluster.

For safety or because of fault codes, the ECU might not want to be turning on the fuel pump (master relay K20) in the first place.

Comment

From the .pdf in post #50, master power relay K20 gets a 50A feed and seems to be controlled by the ECU.
                                          It has four (output) branches - F28 15A fuel pump, F43 10A, F32 10A, F34 10A are for ECU controlled solenoid valves.
                                          K20 also switches power to the instrument cluster.

For safety or because of fault codes, the ECU might not want to be turning on the fuel pump (master relay K20) in the first place.
                                          that's what is shown. you said earlier: "I think OP doesn't know how to test them or is making bad conclusions leading to a goose chase?" would you like to help and tell me how i would i test please

Comment

Working...
                                          X