Sony -kv2024 pic but no sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony -kv2024 pic but no sound

Hi guys; i'm here in Portugal in vacation on my house for 2 weeks since i live in US , i have here a Sony 20"old tube to watch locals with Digital box and
    coaxial RF converter , i only have a solder iron and solder, i do not think it's the audio amp, since when i manual fine tune to the right i gain sound but loose pic, is this a tuner issue? also could it be a bad solder in the tuner? without my testing tools is kind hard to troubleshoot,any thoughts ,thanks

Re: Sony -kv2024 pic but no sound

Seems more like a mismatch in broadcast standard, looks like the tv is PAL, what does your RF converter box output? I suspect it is NTSC
    The tv's sound carrier is at 5.5Mhz, NTSC is at 4.5Mhz
    Last edited by R_J; 07-31-2019, 09:56 AM.

Comment

Can you try a dvd player or something?

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
        Seems more like a mismatch in broadcast standard, looks like the tv is PAL, what does your RF converter box output? I suspect it is NTSC
        The tv's sound carrier is at 5.5Mhz, NTSC is at 4.5Mhz
        Thanks R_J in fact TV is NTSC/PAL and has a manual switch NTSC/Pal and i keep it in auto when i want to watch Pal and NTSC auto, also if i only want NTSC i switch it to NTSC, this tv already worked and had sound with the same set up i have now, i'm thinking about opening it ,maybe there is a way to switch wires to keep it PAL only instead of NTSC /PAL auto, also this tv only has Coaxial input .I use this RF Coaxial Converter https://www.kuantokusta.pt/imagemsom...300-p-3-143288
        Last edited by ivtec; 07-31-2019, 10:25 AM.

Comment

I looked at two different kv-2024 Sony tv's and neither show a pal/ntsc switch? So it must be totally different model? The modulator seems to be pal only output? It only says what channel it outputs on, not what standard it is.
          Is this the model?
          Attached Files
          Last edited by R_J; 07-31-2019, 12:01 PM.

Comment

I looked at two different kv-2024 Sony tv's and neither show a pal/ntsc switch? So it must be totally different model? The modulator seems to be pal only output? It only says what channel it outputs on, not what standard it is.
            Is this the model?
            Thanks R_J that's exactly that mod .the modelator is Pal only ,the tv is also Pal and NTSC ,it did work fine for some time.
            Last edited by ivtec; 07-31-2019, 03:39 PM.

Comment

I could'nt see where this ntsc/pal/auto switch was, but I found an owners manual, and I guess it is the switch below sub volume. How does it tune if you set the switch to ntsc?, How does it tune if you set it to pal? if it tunes the same, it could just be a dirty slide switch
              Last edited by R_J; 07-31-2019, 04:05 PM.

Comment

I could'nt see where this ntsc/pal/auto switch was, but I found an owners manual, and I guess it is the switch below sub volume. How does it tune if you set the switch to ntsc?, How does it tune if you set it to pal? if it tunes the same, it could just be a dirty slide switch
                Hi R-J the switch goes up and down, if i switch up it's in auto mode - means it automatically changes a channels either Pal or NTSC signal, if i keep in NTSC only NTSC signal is provided .unfortunately
                a don't have here a NTSC source to test if sound is good on NTSC. i don't have here any test tools just a solder iron and solder, this is my vacation house

Comment

Working...
                X