HDMI cable fix help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HDMI cable fix help?

Hi guys any body ever tried to mend an HDMI cable one one side ,i have an HDMI 15 feet and one end got damaged ,i have extra 3 feet cable, is it possible with no deficiency in Q sound by cutting one side and mend it to the bad end? thanks

Re: HDMI cable fix help?

Originally posted by ivtec View Post
    Hi guys any body ever tried to mend an HDMI cable one one side ,i have an HDMI 15 feet and one end got damaged ,i have extra 3 feet cable, is it possible with no deficiency in Q sound by cutting one side and mend it to the bad end? thanks
    Isn't it easier (and more reliable) to just spend < $10 for a new cable?

Comment

Originally posted by Curious.George View Post
      Isn't it easier (and more reliable) to just spend < $10 for a new cable?

Thanks mate could do that if it was easy to remove the cable through the wall, i have to open a bigger hole cause i had it closed with plaster,if i can do it as in the video and it works then i save 10 bucks and more work,if not i will replace it.

Comment

You can repair it by soldering on a new connector or using a breakout board .

https://www.instructables.com/id/Repair-a-Hdmi-cable/
        https://www.amazon.co.uk/Adafruit-HD.../dp/B0727Q5YPC
        All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Hi guys; i have good news , HDMI project success , i was able to connect both ends of the HDMI cable and i just used tape (no solder) just twisted both ends of each wire together,it was easy because i used same type and color HDMI cable, (not sure if all HDMI cable uses same color wire skim), this is first time i cuff off an HDMI cable end ,so keep that in mind,if all HDMI cable are not same color? don't try this unless you have tools to test each end, and it will take forever,thanks to you all that gave tips for other solutions but this was the cheapest and the faster.
          Last edited by ivtec; 10-01-2019, 09:46 AM.

Comment

thats great! thats one less hdmi cable in the landfill polluting the earth! lol!

Comment

Originally posted by ChaosLegionnaire View Post
              thats great! thats one less hdmi cable in the landfill polluting the earth! lol!
              Got ya,bro

Comment

Working...
              X