Ideapad 100S-11IBY NB116BT1_MB_V11 Component identification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ideapad 100S-11IBY NB116BT1_MB_V11 Component identification

Can anybody help me identify this component and its value? I am unable to find schematics for this board and I was wondering if there is any other way to identify. I can't see anything else near by that could be of same value. Any help would be gratefully received!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by SMDFlea; 11-16-2021, 10:58 AM. Reason: Ideapad 100S-11IBY NB116BT1_MB_V11

Re: Component identification

Similar to inductor.

Comment

2,2 uH Coil according to ETA6003 datasheet. Thats U14 on the board.

Comment

Many thanks. Thats very helpful. Im not very clued up with inductors. Is 2,2uH the only value i need to worry about. Can you advise what i should replace it with?

Comment

I think current is another thing to look for, but for this purpose its easy, just look for same size. You cant use bigger (will not fit), or smaller coil. Check if it is shorted, and if yes, its propably working, even if it misses a bit. I would try to change the IC.

Comment

It is shorting. Thanks for the advice! I think i will change the IC then and see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by ARS View Post
              I think current is another thing to look for, but for this purpose its easy, just look for same size. You cant use bigger (will not fit), or smaller coil. Check if it is shorted, and if yes, its propably working, even if it misses a bit. I would try to change the IC.
              You were spot on! I did some further testing and found a short on the main powerline and voltage injection showed up the IC. I removed it from the board and the short disappeared. I just presumed as I could see physical damage to the inductor that that was the culprit. Many thanks for your help!!

Comment

Working...
              X