This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello my name is lance and I like tinkering with automotive electronics, I am a heavy diesel mechanic by trade.

Comment

Hello everyone..
      new member here from Morocco, I hope these forums will be helpful to fix some faulty motherboards I have.

Comment

Hello everyone! My name is Elbyne and I'm from Napa, CA. Long time listener, First time poster. I've been building/repairing tech as a hobby for friends and family. Recently I've decided to go full commit into electronics and phone repair. Badcaps has been a major help in my career. I plan on requesting schematics and boardviews on devices which are not on the forum yet. My whole life I have been passionate about sharing information with anyone who asks me questions I give as much detail as they ask. And even sometimes when they don't ask.. I just hope I can provide value where I can, that's the thing that makes me the happiest.

Alright cool man thanks for listening guys it means a lot

Comment

Thanks for having me!

Little about me... im a big motor head and all around tinkerer. I have always enjoyed learning how things work and often taking things apart to figure that out.

Though i have always been interested.... I have basically no experience with component level repair. closest i have came was replacing SMD components on the parts for my racing drones (being a dad aint cheap and its tough to afford hobbies when you were a young dad).

What brought me here was a CNC project that im working on. I I decided to disassemble a mac mini to tuck inside the electrical enclosure for the cnc.. and when i went to install windows to run iosender, I found I had at one time put a firmware password on the bios. Try as i may i cannot figure out what i set it to. Something easy that i wont forget im sure.

So i decided... this was a great excuse to dive into something i have always been curious about. So i purchased a ch341 with various attachments to start with (if i continue with this hobby I can upgrade.... but if i dont then it was a small loss). I hope to make some good friends and really hope i can learn something! Nick

What landed me

Comment

Hello everyone, I have always been interested in electronics and have been hesitant to fix them. I am excited to use this site to learn to fix motherboards, graphics cards, and anything in particular that is electronic. I heard about this site from Richard, who has a Youtube channel called Learn Electronics Repair. I, unfortunately, don't remember what he said his username is for this site.

Comment

Hi,

I am Dave from Vienna. Came here for schematics for the MSI RX 5700 XT.
              I try to fix electronics for friends and family and other things. But a GPU is a different level, with its complex structure.

Hope to find guidance.

Comment

Hi!

I´m Mikael from Sweden and I like to fix things rather then just throwing them in the bin and buy new. I hate too give up so I´ll probably use just a wee bit too much time sometimes... Although it got me a Samsung 55" 4k led tv for 60 bucks, the cost of a used t-conn board from ebay...

Comment

Hi
                  Just here to fulfill my destiny and make post #33,050 in the thread longer than I've ever seen even on XDA.

Comment

Hello everyone,
                    just want to say hello

Comment

Hello

Comment

Hello, I'm Mar, I wanna learn new things here ��.

Comment

Hi, folks,
                          Just started fixing some of my electronics. Would like to dive into this forum to learn.

Comment

hello
                            i am kian vlake from phillipines i jolined this furom to learened and share knowlegde

Comment

hello everyone i am kila vlake from phillipines
                              i am a simple electronic and cellphone technician software and hardware repair

i am simple business man ihave store cellphone accessories,computer shop,internet provider,and wifi vendo machine

Comment

Hi ! I'm Andrea from Italy,i have a small workshop in my country and i signed up to learn new things and for advice, at the same time i hope i can help the community with my experience.

Comment

hi,
                                  im Radovan from Czechia.

My first PC was a Compaq with an intel P3 (i dont remember spec) and a geforce FX5200 i think 128MB version. I got that thing in 2006-ish, it was for me and my 2 siblings. The 20GB drive it had died.

I started collecting random motherboards when i got a job. One of them (M5A97 pro) randomly pooped itself in bios, never to POST again, until today, when my shiny new TL866ii plus arrived. I flashed the latest bios with it and the board works now again

Now im here for some asrock Z87M OCF info, i think a power stage blew, but i want to see what the chip is, because i dont see the spec (although i havent looked far on the internet, got to admit ).

I hope to revive more dead motherboards that i have (X570 aorus elite, X299 tomahawk) with the help of the forum.

Cheers

Comment

Hi!
                                    I am Kalle from Sweden and are doing some computer repairs.
                                    My first computer was a TI99 and the the Atari 1020.
                                    :-)

Comment

Hello. Apparently I joined this forum back in 2016 but never made my first post. I used to have a laptop repair store but nowadays I'm a remote IT sysadmin.

I'm currently trying to repair my late brother's MSI laptop. He bought it broken off eBay with no LCD display, and he used it as a desktop. I'm hoping to fix it to use it for tuning the car my dad and I are building with the engine I got from my brother before he passed.

I bought a new LCD since the old one is gone. I've since found that whoever had the laptop before had broken a resistor by the ELP connector when they put in a new battery.

I need assistance deciphering the schematic to order the appropriate resistor. The resistor is marked 1R2 which I understand to be a 1.2ohm resistor. However I do not know the wattage, for however much that matters.

The motherboard is a MS-16R31 and I found the schematic here:

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=95332

This is the resistor that needs replaced. I would like to understand how to read this please. I know this thread is for introductions, but this is why am I here today. I will make a thread later if need be. Thank you all for this resource.

PL19
                                      X_CH-1.2u7A41mS
                                      L04-12A7570-M26
                                      CHK_S2_P3_55

Comment

Hello everybody! I found this forum when I was looking for a motherboard circuit. I liked the forum and found the scheme here I decided to join, I myself have been repairing motherboards for more than 15 years and interest has not disappeared yet, although I am over 60 years old I hope that I can help someone in finding the right scheme, as I was helped on this forum. Good luck to everyone, for free and so that no one leaves the forum with a grudge!

Comment

Hi everyone. I’ve joined badcaps as part of a learning journey. I came across this amazing resource via Richard’s Learn Electronic Repairs YouTube channel. I am at the very beginning and realise I have lot to learn. My interest has been ‘sparked’ trying to read and understand a schematic from a 1980s mixing desk. It is full capacitors, resistors, transistors and the like! I am wanting to build my knowledge with this hands on project and scaffold from their to repair or build other equipment. And in time contribute what I learn to others who are learning. Thank you in advance for welcoming in to the fold.

Comment

Working...
                                          X