• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Blinking stby led on a TD systems TV with 17IPS11 PS

Funny and simple
    https://www.badcaps.net

Comment

Vestel mainboard issue I would say. I suggest you put clear pictures of your main board and psu for other people to help you. The fact you haven't will just delay you resolving your issues with it.
      Normally any Vestel set with flashing standby led is a firmware issue on the main board. The fact that you don't get any significant output for the led connector suggests your mainboard has firmware issues which isn't turning on the led driver circuit.

Comment

You could be right but why does +5v_STBY not provide +5v? Even while PS is unplugged from main? I will try to open it up again today and take pictures.
        Thanks

Comment

Ok I took all the pictures.
          Main from both angles
          PS from both angles and bottom side
          Labels, etc

What I noticed now I opened it up again, is that not all Vestel 17IPS11 PS are the same, as I was looking for the zener+ transistor responsible of generating the +5_STBY voltage from the +12v line, and it was missing. Along with dozens of other parts showing in the schematic that are not there either. So I guess this TV set doesn't generate/use the +5v voltage and that's why it's absent in the PS->Main connector. Maybe it's generated (if needed) inside the main board

Ok, these are the pictures, is there any simple way I can determine if this is a firmware issue? When we're talking about firmware corruption..is this something that can be fixed with a USB drive +.bin file ? Or do I need to remove a memory IC and flash it outside? (more scary for me)

Thanks a lot!
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by edugimeno View Post
            What I noticed now I opened it up again, is that not all Vestel 17IPS11 PS are the same,

Thanks a lot!
            you see.. when you uploaded photo we discovered yours MB82S not as you wrote before.. look at this threat and download the files i put. use the NVM clean first.

Comment

Before rewriting the software, measure the voltage on the LEDs. Measure on the red wire that leads to the LEDs and to the ground. Put the meter first. Turn on the TV and see what the voltage looks like. The voltage differs depending on the number of LEDs. If the voltage increases (over 60V) and then decreases slightly, it means that there are problems with the LEDs and the backlight protection enters. If the voltage is constant (I suspect 24v) it means that the motherboard does not give the command to turn on the LEDs or there may be problems with the backlight controller or the mosfet transistor. You can also order separately (without the motherboard) to turn on the LEDs. After you have done these checks you can proceed to rewrite the software. If you don't want to measure the dc-dc converters on the motherboard.
              If you don't want to learn anything, just fix the TV and rewrite the software. Maybe you're lucky and that's where the problem lies. This is a TV that can be repaired in 10 minutes. It takes longer to replace the LEDs.

Comment

Originally posted by yokoono View Post
                Before rewriting the software,....
                No, no, I'm absolutely good with learning along the way. If you take a look to my previous comments I already checked the voltage on the led wires, with and without the strips connected. They keep 20v all the time, with no peaks right after trying to turn on
                I have no issues with swapping the led strips as Ive done this before to 2 tv sets but at this point it's not leading me to think the issue is in the led strips.
                I should be able to turn the BL on by shorting some positive to BLON_OFF right? 5v? 12v? This could tell me.if the driver ic and the strips are fine

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post
                  you see.. when you uploaded photo we discovered yours MB82S not as you wrote before.. look at this threat and download the files i put. use the NVM clean first.
                  Ok looks very easy to try if that's the case. I also found a video from a guy who freezes the flash chips before he flashes it and somehow the set boots up temporarily. Weird!!!!
                  Will try tonight. Thanks!!

Comment

Ok, I just tried this. No luck
                    Used both files (one at a time, renamed to upgrade_loader.pkg, only this file in FAT32 formatted pen drive). Plugged off, inserted pen drive, plugged back in while holding OK button on the remote. Nothing happened, stby led solid red, flash drive not being lit.

Pushed "power" button behind the set while holding OK in the remote, and blink started but no flashing happened. Internal activity inside flash drive showed no read activiy, but flash drive was powered (solid light inside). It's like it didn't like this file or filename?

Tried other pkg, and also another from from another forum., No luck

What Could I test next?

Thanks
                    Last edited by edugimeno; 04-10-2022, 03:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by edugimeno View Post
                      Ok, I just tried this. No luck
                      Used both files (one at a time, renamed to upgrade_loader.pkg, only this file in FAT32 formatted pen drive). Plugged off, inserted pen drive, plugged back in while holding OK button on the remote. Nothing happened, stby led solid red, flash drive not being lit.

Pushed "power" button behind the set while holding OK in the remote, and blink started but no flashing happened. Internal activity inside flash drive showed no read activiy, but flash drive was powered (solid light inside). It's like it didn't like this file or filename?

Tried other pkg, and also another from from another forum., No luck

What Could I test next?

Thanks
                      use different usb pen. old one no more 2gb fat32. and don't do any experiment by your self. just do as i wrote at other threat how to flash no more or less... if this didn't help then you have other issue.. shorted BL could be or other issue at MB.

BTW why you worte you renamed... no rename need as the end file after extrack are .pkg... if your pc didnt show the file extention.. mean now the file after your rename become at end .pkg.pkg

Comment

use different usb pen. old one no more 2gb fat32. and don't do any experiment by your self. just do as i wrote at other threat how to flash no more or less... if this didn't help then you have other issue.. shorted BL could be or other issue at MB.

BTW why you worte you renamed... no rename need as the end file after extrack are .pkg... if your pc didnt show the file extention.. mean now the file after your rename become at end .pkg.pkg
                        No no, renaming was because I unzipped both files in my desktop and as they had the same name I had to rename them to avoid overwritting, but in the flash drive I made sure they have the original name. I always have "show extension for unknown file names" activated on my computer so the extension is not duplicated

Ok I don't have an old flash drive around but I will check, thanks

EDIT-> Used a different flash drive (older), and it WORKED!
                        Thanks!
                        Last edited by edugimeno; 04-10-2022, 03:40 PM.

Comment

Ok it worked. Found an older flash drive, put the FOR_CLEAR_NVM file, and it flahsed right. Now it turns on and seem to work fine.

Thanks everyone who commented on this topic!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X