This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: best cheap/free scores 1.1

got 2 8d batteries free because while they are new they were tested bad by an idiot.
    they are dry charged.of course they will be dead till acid is added!

Comment

SMOG!! Aren't they around $700 a piece??!!

Polys coming soon

Of course, now the weather breaks nice and now all I want to do is be outside working in the gardens. Just got done picking up a tarp full of crap from this last storm.
      veritas odium parit

Comment

WRT54G v2.2... nice piece you've got there. Have you put DD-WRT on that yet? Also, what are those reflectors you put on the antennae? Might have to check that out for my WRT54G

Comment

Originally posted by weirdlookinguy
          WRT54G v2.2... nice piece you've got there. Have you put DD-WRT on that yet? Also, what are those reflectors you put on the antennae? Might have to check that out for my WRT54G
          Yeah, I put DDWRT on it as soon as I got it home.
          This is the antenna reflectors:
          http://www.freeantennas.com/projects...te2/index.html
          Those are standard size I had on it. Says 9dBm which is about what I got, maybe a little more. It was being used as a client there, so the fact that it made it pretty directional worked out fine.
          http://colt45.ws/misc/routermod.jpg
          OC'd it and cranked up the output power to 100mw.

Comment

HP scanner was in the street last week!
            too bad the psu wasnt, but i got a 24v switcher, so i just need to pick up a 2.1mm power plug to see if it's good.

Comment

smog?
              new these things cost around $300.
              Originally posted by Toasty
              SMOG!! Aren't they around $700 a piece??!!

Polys coming soon

Of course, now the weather breaks nice and now all I want to do is be outside working in the gardens. Just got done picking up a tarp full of crap from this last storm.

Comment

Originally posted by Colt45ws
                Yeah, I put DDWRT on it as soon as I got it home.
                This is the antenna reflectors:
                Those are standard size I had on it. Says 9dBm which is about what I got, maybe a little more. It was being used as a client there, so the fact that it made it pretty directional worked out fine.
                http://colt45.ws/misc/routermod.jpg
                OC'd it and cranked up the output power to 100mw.
                What are those weird proto yagis you have attached to the dipoles?
                "We have offered them (the Arabs) a sensible way for so many years. But no, they wanted to fight. Fine! We gave them technology, the latest, the kind even Vietnam didn't have. They had double superiority in tanks and aircraft, triple in artillery, and in air defense and anti-tank weapons they had absolute supremacy. And what? Once again they were beaten. Once again they scrammed [sic]. Once again they screamed for us to come save them. Sadat woke me up in the middle of the night twice over the phone, 'Save me!' He demanded to send Soviet troops, and immediately! No! We are not going to fight for them."

-Leonid Brezhnev (On the Yom Kippur War)

Comment

Originally posted by mockingbird
                  What are those weird proto yagis you have attached to the dipoles?
                  The what?

Comment

Those metal sheets you have attached to the antennas...
                    "We have offered them (the Arabs) a sensible way for so many years. But no, they wanted to fight. Fine! We gave them technology, the latest, the kind even Vietnam didn't have. They had double superiority in tanks and aircraft, triple in artillery, and in air defense and anti-tank weapons they had absolute supremacy. And what? Once again they were beaten. Once again they scrammed [sic]. Once again they screamed for us to come save them. Sadat woke me up in the middle of the night twice over the phone, 'Save me!' He demanded to send Soviet troops, and immediately! No! We are not going to fight for them."

-Leonid Brezhnev (On the Yom Kippur War)

Comment

Printed it out and covered it with aluminum foil.

Comment

nifty

Comment

Originally posted by kc8adu
                          smog?
                          new these things cost around $300.
                          SMOG = Sweet mother of god! - from 1998 Chris Farley, Saturday Night Live

ahhhh! 8D's in AGM or Gel are $700. gotcha!
                          veritas odium parit

Comment

For $30 I scored myself 3 motherboards. Only thing wrong with them is bad caps. I can get $50 each if I sell them in a refurbished PC at work, so it should be easy money. There is an Intel D865PERL, a D865GBF and a Lenovo thinkcentre motherboard. All seem OK so far after repairs. I even gave the D865PERL a poly-mod on the VRM and I'm stress testing it in Prime95 as I type this. The others got rubycons.
                            I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

lucky...
                              Last edited by ratdude747; 12-15-2010, 01:51 AM.
                              sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

Supermicro X7DAL-E for $24+ship.
                                Used these usually go for $200 and up.
                                http://www.supermicro.com/products/m...0X/X7DAL-E.cfm

Ad said it had a chip in PCB near CPU #2 implying CPU-2 might not work.
                                Asked for close-up photos and the chip was in the edge of PCB were it didn't affect any traces.
                                ~ Board runs fine with single or dual CPUs.

Dual skt 771 takes dual or quad core Xeons & 24GB RAM.
                                ATX Form Factor so fits standard cases.
                                Mann-Made Global Warming.
                                - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
                                Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
                                -
                                You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
                                -

Comment

Just got two freebie power supplies, Bestec ATX-250 12E. Both dead with 5vsb problems, but for me, an easy fix.

I will use one with Abit KT7A which I have recapped. But can't check out my recap job because it doesn't have a cpu....yet. Anyone got a AMD socket 462 cpu running somewhere between 700 and 1000 Mhz?

Got the first Bestec fixed by doing the DM311 mod. The original switching transistor was open, and I didn't want to damage anything further by trying to fix that 2 transistor circuit and creating a fireworks show!
                                  Old proverb say.........If you shoot at nothing, you will hit nothing (George Henry 10-14-11)

Comment

best ever.... gigabyte am2 ds3 amd 770 board + black edition athlon x2...

got it because a friend wanted a new cpu and board. woot!

Comment

Originally posted by everell View Post
                                      Just got two freebie power supplies, Bestec ATX-250 12E. Both dead with 5vsb problems, but for me, an easy fix.

I will use one with Abit KT7A which I have recapped. But can't check out my recap job because it doesn't have a cpu....yet. Anyone got a AMD socket 462 cpu running somewhere between 700 and 1000 Mhz?

Got the first Bestec fixed by doing the DM311 mod. The original switching transistor was open, and I didn't want to damage anything further by trying to fix that 2 transistor circuit and creating a fireworks show!
                                      it may be a while until i can get it (at my old house), but i have a 1000mhz athlon t-bird that could be yours for the cost of shipping... i also have a 1300mhz duron t-bird in front of me... again, cost of shipping.
                                      sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

Got a hipro W700WC3 700W for $15. Pics to come soon. Thing is huge.

Comment

Originally posted by ratdude747 View Post
                                          it may be a while until i can get it (at my old house), but i have a 1000mhz athlon t-bird that could be yours for the cost of shipping... i also have a 1300mhz duron t-bird in front of me... again, cost of shipping.
                                          The Abit board will take a cpu from 500 mhz to 1200 mhz, so the 1300 simply won't do me any good. When you can get hands on the 1000 mhz cpu, I am interested. Just pm me when you have it and I will send you some post money.
                                          Old proverb say.........If you shoot at nothing, you will hit nothing (George Henry 10-14-11)

Comment

Working...
                                          X