Screeching noise from monitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Screeching noise from monitor

I've been at this for hours now and have found no solution. My monitor, a ASUS VH232H, began screeching today after having owned it for only a few days. It's very consistent and almost rhythmic. It'll be normal then screech very loud for a few seconds then stop. 10-20 seconds go by and it repeats itself. It does this without fail nearly on the second.

Now I've seen all the stuff about changing the refresh rate, brightness, etc. Tried it all and nothing worked. Even turn t he volume all the way off and disabled the speakers and the noise still persisted. The only time the noise will stop is if I unplug the audio cable from the monitor or my PC. But if I want to have sound from the built in speakers, the noise accompanies it. It continues if I plug headphones in as well. Not in the headphones, just from the built in speakers.

I feared it could be my motherboard(Sabertooth 990FX R2.0). I don't have any monitors to test that with but I did take the noisy monitor to another PC and it doesn't make the noise when plugged into the other tower, which led me to believe my mobo might be the issue.

Any help with this would be appreciated. It's a brand new screen and I just saved up and purchased my entire set up and don't have money to replace it right now. Thanks in advance.

Re: Screeching noise from monitor

If its just new take it back and ask them if its faulty.
    Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Re: Screeching noise from monitor

I ordered it online and don't have the money to RMA it. Would be roughly $35 just to ship that I don't have.

I did find out that if I use the physical buttons on the monitor to turn it down then the sound goes down with it, but I usually have my monitors up so I can hear everything better.

Comment

Working...
      X