HP Elitebook 840 G3 Caps and Power Button Blinking Doesn't Power On

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP Elitebook 840 G3 Caps and Power Button Blinking Doesn't Power On

After installing new battery and a 265gb nvme pcie hard drive for my laptop, I notice the laptop came on to BIOS detecting the drive and battery, after I power off the laptop, it got caught up in a boot loop, where as soon I plug the charger it will boot up (turn on fan and keyboard will light up) and then off. I remove the battery and hard drive, then connected the charger and continued to bootloop. I did a power reset by holding down power button for 20sec, didn't fix it, I hold power button for 1min. Then plug charger, and it will not power on or bootloop, now the caps key and power button come on and off (flashing). Now power, no display (during boot loop the display didn't come on) I tried reseatting the ram, and didn't fix it either. This laptop was able to boot into BIOS.
    what you guys suggest?
    thanks

Re: HP Elitebook 840 G3 Caps and Power Button Blinking Doesn't Power On

I just started troubleshooting the board and I noticed when I press the power button the 3.3 volts do not go to ground at the connector... I circled the power button on the picture. can someone verify that is the correct power button connector?
    Attached Files

Comment

Isn't the Power Button on a seperate Board?

In this Case it can't be so hard to Figure Out whether the Power Button is working properly.

I believe there is also the Lid-Switch and it is possible you confused the Voltage Readings.

However without Checking the Sub-Board or all Pins of the connector, No progress

Easiest should be to just unscrew the Board and Check directly at the Button. Usually it will Work this way.
      FairRepair on YouTube

Comment

Possible that the power adapter connector has a bad solder joint.
        ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

The History from the Link Would have been useful in this original Thread...

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=97547

Why did you openened at least two Threads for this?

It could be, the 3V LDO is partially shorted. What is the Résistance to GND in Ohms, where you measured the 2.3V?

In my opinion the issue Points Into the direction of the EC/SIO.
          FairRepair on YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by Sephir0th View Post
            The History from the Link Would have been useful in this original Thread...

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=97547

Why did you openened at least two Threads for this?
            That second thread is deleted now.
            All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Working...
            X