Clear All

Re: RCUnlocker

Ecaxtly. SPI programmer is mandatory.

Comment

Originally posted by RethoricalCheese View Post
      Ecaxtly. SPI programmer is mandatory.
      Ok, thanks for the reply.
      Is there any risk that by utilizing this process/approach with the SPI and your software, the BIOS with brick / become invalid so I won't be able to recover it to the initial state? If it does fail/doesn't work can I revert it to its initial state or will that be the end of the laptop?

Comment

Just back up both main and EC content (and be sure to verify both), then there won't be any problems.

Comment

Just back up both main and EC content (and be sure to verify both), then there won't be any problems.
          That would also be done with the SPI programmer, correct?
          Thanks for your replies so far, appreciate the help.

Comment

Originally posted by tedypm2000 View Post
            That would also be done with the SPI programmer, correct?
            Thanks for your replies so far, appreciate the help.
            Yep
            ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
            Become a Badcaps supporter
            >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
            Thanks to all supporters.​
            ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

They use completely different code so doesn't help much. Do you have all of the files in folder like they came from the rar or did you copy it somewhere else without other files included?
              Yes I extracted it with 7-zip and everything is there. I also tried to run the program on win 10 and still there was error message. It might need windows 32bit. Anyway thank you very much for the programs.

Comment

Originally posted by jsinfo View Post
                Yes I extracted it with 7-zip and everything is there. I also tried to run the program on win 10 and still there was error message. It might need windows 32bit. Anyway thank you very much for the programs.

I havent used 32 bit for ages so this makes no sense

Comment

Can I use this program for Probook 450 G6 and how?

Comment

I am trying to use the tool and it is saying 'Missing File Destination Argument!'. I have a HP Zbook 14u G6. It has HP Surestart enabled as well.
                    What do I need to make us of this tool and remove the password from the bios?
                    This help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by IntelliDroid View Post
                      I am trying to use the tool and it is saying 'Missing File Destination Argument!'. I have a HP Zbook 14u G6. It has HP Surestart enabled as well.
                      What do I need to make us of this tool and remove the password from the bios?
                      This help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!
                      You need a BIOS dump obtained using an SPI programmer, then using that dump with this software. Read my comments from this page (#4) and from the previous page (#3)

Comment

Originally posted by Vesko356 View Post
                        Yep
                        Thanks for the reply! I see you're from Bulgaria. Hello, neighbor!

One last thing, if you don't mind:

Since I'm about to buy the SIP Programmer, would you be so kind as to confirm if I need a specific one based on my BIOS chip?

As I said, my laptop is an HP Elitebook x360 1030 G3 - it has Hp Sure start, bios password, and so forth.

Will the SIP programmer CH341A + SOIC8 be what I need for the BIOS chip on the laptop or do I need something else? Read somewhere that it depends on the type of BIOS chip the laptop has, which requires visual confirmation. Is that true or should I just buy this programmer I mentioned?

Thanks again

Comment

I havent used 32 bit for ages so this makes no sense
                          I see. I will figure out why I couldn't run it. By the way do you have the source code for the program?

Comment

Thanks for the reply! I see you're from Bulgaria. Hello, neighbor!

One last thing, if you don't mind:

Since I'm about to buy the SIP Programmer, would you be so kind as to confirm if I need a specific one based on my BIOS chip?

As I said, my laptop is an HP Elitebook x360 1030 G3 - it has Hp Sure start, bios password, and so forth.

Will the SIP programmer CH341A + SOIC8 be what I need for the BIOS chip on the laptop or do I need something else? Read somewhere that it depends on the type of BIOS chip the laptop has, which requires visual confirmation. Is that true or should I just buy this programmer I mentioned?

Thanks again
                            Adding pictures in case they matter:

Far view: https://ibb.co/SQ52Wrg

Close view: https://ibb.co/KxJtPMM

We can see serial # and stuff. Which one of these three is it that I need to use the SIP on?

I can open a separate thread if I'm spamming this one with my posts. Sorry about that if that's the case. let me know
                            Last edited by tedypm2000; 09-25-2021, 06:23 AM.

Comment

Adding pictures in case they matter:

Far view: https://ibb.co/SQ52Wrg

Close view: https://ibb.co/KxJtPMM

We can see serial # and stuff. Which one of these three is it that I need to use the SIP on?

I can open a separate thread if I'm spamming this one with my posts. Sorry about that if that's the case. let me know
                              The SPI is 25Q128... I think you can use SOIC8 for this kind of chip. You can either connect the wire to its pins or take it out with solder.

Comment

This is a multitool and unlocker for several series of laptops. Works on Windows. No python etc installing needed, all included in package. Everything is tested by myself but since every laptop is not made equally, there might be edge cases. Always VERIFY your file after reading!!!

Unlocking
                                HP - ProBook, EliteBook, ZBook (including 32MB models)
                                Chromebooks from all various manufacturers
                                Apple - everything older than T2
                                More to come...

Information display (helps to verify file integrity)
                                HP - ProBook, EliteBook, ZBook (up to 16MB models for now)

Custom logo removal
                                HP - ProBook, EliteBook, ZBook (up to 16MB models for now)

Usage: Drag and drop .bin file to .exe file.

In case there are problems with unlocking your laptop, write a short description of the issue, upload original file and if possible, _unlocked.bin file aswell. Just crying for help is useless. Keep the topic as clean as possible.

You may ask for feature requests, I'll see what I can do.
                                its dosnt work. show me this message :Missing file destination argument
                                Attached Files

Comment

Well, did you read what you quoted? The usage part to be exact.

Comment

done on HP ELITE X2 1013 G3. thank you pro!

Comment

here i have a Dell inspiron 5300 Chromebook that cant unlock.
                                      heres my unlock method bin file compare that worked.
                                      hope u can add for newer ones
                                      Last edited by SMDFlea; 04-01-2023, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Yeah, thanks, but I know how it works, I just havent seen chromebooks with 32MB chips so I just disabled 32MB file usage because of newer HP-s Will find another way some day.

Comment

Originally posted by black0hackers View Post
                                          done on HP ELITE X2 1013 G3. thank you pro!
                                          pls help me

Comment

Working...
                                          X