Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LENOVO BIOS AUTO-PATCHER for Supervisor Password Removal

Originally posted by onizzbox View Post
    Unlocking is performed by the uc8m2 chip, after unlocking, return the original file.

I understand ok one moment please, I will.attach the backup of uc8m2 chip

Comment

Unlocking is performed by the uc8m2 chip, after unlocking, return the original file.

here is the uc8m2 chip backup
      Last edited by SMDFlea; 03-25-2023, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ariu View Post
        here is the uc8m2 chip backup
        @Ariu
        Try

Rewrite only the uc8m1

STEP 1: Flash and replace current BIOS with the generated patch file
        STEP 2: Boot the machine
        STEP 3: Press ENTER/F1/etc. to enter BIOS settings
        STEP 4: Enter any character when asked for...
        Attached Files

Comment

@Ariu
          Try

Rewrite only the uc8m1

I will try it now and I report...

Comment

@Ariu
            Try

Rewrite only the uc8m1

Unfortunately no post, It keeps restarting now after 10 seconds in a loop .
            I waited more than 2 minutes but the same....
            Last edited by Ariu; 11-21-2021, 03:06 AM. Reason: English

Comment

Unfortunately no post, It keeps restarting now after 10 seconds in a loop .
              I waited more than 2 minutes but the same....
              how do u patch the file because i am getting always BIN is corrupted or does not contain a valid dump. when i try to patch...

Comment

@Ariu
                Try

Rewrite only the uc8m1

here is my own uc8m1 original backup, but it is corrupted, can u perhaps take a look if u can repair it...

Comment

here is my own uc8m1 original backup, but it is corrupted, can u perhaps take a look if u can repair it...
                  Thank you to the one for removing the opened thread!!!

Comment

Thank you to the one for removing the opened thread!!!
                    Why start a new thread when members are already giving you help here.This is the open thread not the new thread you started,that had no replies.
                    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                      Why start a new thread when members are already giving you help here.This is the open thread not the new thread you started,that had no replies.
                      Because the thread here is just for help to patch a locked bin file and not to repair a corrupted dump...
                      For this I thought nobody can help here and decided to open a new thread to include both possible problems...

Comment

Because the thread here is just for help to patch a locked bin file and not to repair a corrupted dump...
                        For this I thought nobody can help here and decided to open a new thread to include both possible problems...
                        Ah ok,heres the fixed bios The ME firmware was corrupt,it still needs patching.
                        Attached Files
                        All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Thank u very much , I will try later and report

Comment

thank u i tried it already and now my own backup is working , but u had right it still needs to be patched... password still there.
                            the problem is that i cannot patch it i get always error that the file is corrupt or invalid...

Comment

hi, after i patched bios its asking about some "Improper use of this UEFI may be dangerous", provide Hardware ID: 2329198078 and asking for key...what does it mean??

Comment

Hi,
                                I'm new here and just getting my feet wet. I noticed that the instructions imply that the eprom be soldered to the MB. Is this absolutely necessary? I had a locked mb but I unfortunately broke a lead off of the chip removing it. No problem, I just desoldered the epprom from another MB from exactly the same model the as my locked patient a Yoga X1 1st gen. However, this unit had issues that CN easily be resolve and it was not locked. I de-soldered the chip (successfully) and was able to get a verified bin file using flashrom and diff. Can I just flash it using your utility or do I need to solder it to the receiving mb?

TIA,

T
                                Last edited by Mr_____T; 11-22-2021, 08:42 PM. Reason: proper ending
                                Gigabyte Tuf Gaming X570-PLUS
                                AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Eight-Core Processor
                                16GB SkilSaws
                                1 1TB SHGP31-1000GM-2 nvme
                                1 1TB 3.5" Spinner
                                Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER/PCIe/SSE2

Comment

thank u i tried it already and now my own backup is working , but u had right it still needs to be patched... password still there.
                                  the problem is that i cannot patch it i get always error that the file is corrupt or invalid...

UC8M1 and UC8M2 fixed .It still needs patching.
                                  Attached Files
                                  Last edited by SMDFlea; 11-25-2021, 04:00 PM.

Comment

UC8M1 and UC8M2 fixed .It still needs patching.
                                    good work, thank you very much supervisor password removed after patching your edited uc8m2 bin file...
                                    Last edited by Ariu; 11-25-2021, 06:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by korhy View Post
                                      hi, after i patched bios its asking about some "Improper use of this UEFI may be dangerous", provide Hardware ID: 2329198078 and asking for key...what does it mean??
                                      Sry, didn't read all topic first) i figure out the trick at STEP 5 and finally unlock thinkpad t580 sup! thanks a lot!!!

Comment

But now i have a problems with Thinkpad T590. After booting notebook with patched BIOS it doesn't stop beeping and doesn't show any pre-bios screen. I tried remove hard disk or hold the anti-tamper switch, but still the same, continuous beeps. Any ideas?
                                        Here my original backup, in case i patched it wrong

Comment

@korhy
                                          Starting with most 9th Generation ThinkPad models Lenovo introduced the Self-Healing bioses, then bios chip has a backup of bios (32MB), meaning that if you patch both copies, laptop won’t POST, won’t boot; if you patch second copy it will Self-Heal upon powering up the laptop and recover itself with unmodified bios; if you patch first bios copy I believe nothing will happen, it will work as normal booting from second bios copy.
                                          What you need is a EC/KBC programmer (supposing Supervisor Password is SET), a programmer such as Vertyanov JIG or similar, but is advisable to first check what’s the EC/KBC chip part number to ensure programmer compatibility.
                                          Last edited by AAAC; 11-26-2021, 11:21 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                          X