Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: AMITSESetup Decryptor

Originally posted by EineWildeStehlampe View Post
    As a lot of older firmware images use the well known, incredibly secure AMI XOR key to encode the supervisor password in the firmware image, I wrote a small Python tool to automate the process of searching through the image and decrypting the key. It is far from perfect but works well enough for me to share.

The tool uses UEFIExtract to dump the entire image, naively search for a folder ending in "AMITSEDecrypt", iterate through the body.bin to find all possible hashes stored in there, decrypt them with the XOR key, remove every second byte, then convert to ASCII.

Usage: python3 AMITSEDecrypt <Path/to/image.bin>

Hope it'll be of use to someone and excuse my horrible Python skills.
    Sir this Error come how to solve?
    Thank you sir
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by BootLoader1 View Post
      Working, working, but I forgot about this case. Now fixed and working well.
      great job dear

Comment

As a lot of older firmware images use the well known, incredibly secure AMI XOR key to encode the supervisor password in the firmware image, I wrote a small Python tool to automate the process of searching through the image and decrypting the key. It is far from perfect but works well enough for me to share.

The tool uses UEFIExtract to dump the entire image, naively search for a folder ending in "AMITSEDecrypt", iterate through the body.bin to find all possible hashes stored in there, decrypt them with the XOR key, remove every second byte, then convert to ASCII.

Hi its useful for ami bios only??

Comment

Dear brothers this program did not work for me even though I have installed python. An error occurs. so tell me clear explained

Comment

Please help me decoding Supervisor and user password.
            I got a Panasonic CF-53DA261QW. It has both Supervisor and User password enabled and set in BIOS. The installed Hard drive is also password protect (Supervisor password).
            I don't have the passwords. The hard drive is only recognized by the original this laptop. If I mount the hard drive in other Panasonic toughbook (no password protected), it won't boot up or recognized. DISKPART can not partition or format it.
            Following is reading from the BIOS
            0000 5B 03 B6 49 11 B3 6C 48 C7 3A 22 23 7D F1 D8 E0
            0010 33 E7 8E 4E E9 B1 44 08 9F 5E FA F0 55 D8 B0 6C
            0020 0B 65 66 F3 C1 34 1C 83 77 16 D2 A9 2D 3D 88 D0
            0030 E3 63 3E F7 99 8A F4 1D 4F B1 AA 44 05 D8 60 68
            0040 5B BB B6 5B 11 A7 6C FA C7 46 22 CD 7D 5A D8 32
            0050 33 CB 8E 17 E9 D9 44 C6 9F 9C FA 4B 55 9A B0 F4
            0060 0B 89 66 41 C1 7F 1C FA 77 16 D2 A9 2D 3D 88 D0
            0070 E3 63 3E F7 99 8A F4 1D 4F B1 AA 44 05 D8 60 6B
            0080 01

Thank you so much

Comment

Originally posted by oaktreelimb View Post
              ...Following is reading from the BIOS...
              Don't you think it's a better idea to just upload a dump here?
              ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
              Become a Badcaps supporter
              >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
              Thanks to all supporters.​
              ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

Thank you. I'm newbie and don't know much. I can only get a ROM file by using AMI AFU For Aptio 4 on my laptop.
                Last edited by SMDFlea; 06-17-2022, 03:43 PM. Reason: Bios removed,already posted in another thread

Comment

Originally posted by Vesko356 View Post
                  Don't you think it's a better idea to just upload a dump here?
                  he already has https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=100666
                  All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by oaktreelimb View Post
                    Thank you. I'm newbie and don't know much. I can only get a ROM file by using AMI AFU For Aptio 4 on my laptop.
                    Please read the rules,do not post in multiple threads

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=103570
                    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Didn't work for me, and I'm happy to just zero out the bytes, but here is my original BIOS file to help improve the tool.

Cheers!
                      Attached Files

Comment

pls help me unlock password sx1
                        thanks!
                        Attached Files
                        ************************************************** ***********************************
                        Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
                        all donations are welcome,
                        see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
                        >>>>> click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<
                        Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.
                        ************************************************** ***********************************

Comment

Thank you very much work very well for me

Comment

Originally posted by onizzbox View Post
                            @BootLoader1
                            Very cool, but it doesn't work!!
                            Needs repairs...
                            I just used it for the first time, it works, very professional! Thanks!

Comment

Can you make the usage a little more descriptive? Not everyone knows how to use python. For example, I can be an example. I did not understand anything. Please do this if possible. Thank you so much.

Comment

Hello, I was also not able to use the Python tool. Could you help me with removing the supervisor password from Panasonic FZ-G1 device?
                                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by onizzbox View Post
                                  @BootLoader1
                                  Very cool, but it doesn't work!!
                                  Needs repairs...
                                  Bro, I see in the video that you have a "Password Recovery.py" file, right ? Can you share it to me ?

Comment

Originally posted by Toshko79 View Post
                                    Hello, I was also not able to use the Python tool. Could you help me with removing the supervisor password from Panasonic FZ-G1 device?
                                    Hope it works fine, try and let me know.
                                    Attached Files
                                    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                    Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
                                    >>>>>
                                    click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<
                                    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Hello, just to confirm before I brick the device: I can use the Aptio_V_AMI_Firmware_Update_Utility and re-flash this, right? Do I have to tick a particular option or it's a straightforward process? I'm asking all these cause I don't have programmer and I'm not familiar with IC desoldering.
                                      Thanks in advance.

Comment

Nope. It doesn't even start flashing the ROM. Please see attached.
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Toshko79 View Post
                                          Nope. It doesn't even start flashing the ROM. Please see attached.
                                          I don't know how to reprogram the bios chip without a programmer.
                                          >>>>>
                                          click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<

Comment

Working...
                                          X