Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dell OptiPlex 7040 MT not working after bios repair.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dell OptiPlex 7040 MT not working after bios repair.

I recieved 2 Dell OptiPlex 7040 MT pcs for repair. One got fixed with clean me bios but the other one didn't work with clean me bios. With original bios, its CPU fan would turn on slowly and after a few seconds start spinning at full speed but when I reprogrammed the chip with tested clean me bios, the CPU fan would start at normal speed and shut down after a few seconds. When I press the power button, the fan spins and then stops again. With original bios, it keeps spinning at full speed. I tried repairing its bios but it didn't work as well. The CPU core voltage (VCORE) is zero in both cases. I changed the power supply and CPU but the same problem. Please help to confirm whether it's a bios issue or something else. Thanks.
    Attached Files

Re: Dell OptiPlex 7040 MT not working after bios repair.

Comment

Dell OptiPlex 7040
      Service Tag: 4139HD2
      Attached Files

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
      Become a Badcaps supporter
      >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
      Thanks to all supporters.
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Hi my friend! You can fix the problem? Because i have the same problem.

Comment

Originally posted by nimbus2000 View Post
          Hi my friend! You can fix the problem? Because i have the same problem.
          You need to upload your original backup, write your device Model and Service Tag and someone will help you.
          Also it's better to describe your problem.
          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
          all donations are welcome,
          see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
          >>>>>
          click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<
          Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.
          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Similar issue with me as well. 7040MT turns on with white light but there is no POST no display. Tried the clean ME BIOS but still the same issue. Core voltages are present in my case. any help would be appreciated.

Comment

Working...
            X