Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Surface Laptop 3 Model 1868 Bios password

@thatguycalledrob
    With the MS Surface Pro 3 and others the password can be recovered, so is sufficient to just obtain a partial BIOS dump using a software utility, then the password is recovered.
    For a MS Surface Laptop 3 you need to obtain a Full BIOS reading using a BIOS chip programmer, then the BIOS file is patched and this new file is programmed back to chip.

As for the fptw64.exe utility don’t don’t if it has WRITE rights to the chip, otherwise it may work.

Comment

Originally posted by AAAC View Post
      @thatguycalledrob
      With the MS Surface Pro 3 and others the password can be recovered, so is sufficient to just obtain a partial BIOS dump using a software utility, then the password is recovered.
      For a MS Surface Laptop 3 you need to obtain a Full BIOS reading using a BIOS chip programmer, then the BIOS file is patched and this new file is programmed back to chip.

As for the fptw64.exe utility don't don't if it has WRITE rights to the chip, otherwise it may work.
      Yeah I realised that first bit. So, what's the difference between A full bios reading and the output of fptw64.exe -BIOS -D?
      not trying to be thick, just know that I don't know

Comment

Update - looks like its DFCI protected, so its going to be a bit more of project than I had hoped
        https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/me...fci-management

Comment

Anyone know where I can get a clean copy of the BIOS firmware before I start taking apart my laptop?
          I followed links here, but was given an MSI which is junk when I extract it:
          https://github.com/MicrosoftDocs/Dev...are-updates.md

Comment

Greetings to all!
            Please help. I have a Surface laptop 3 with a password on the bios.
            Please remove the bios password and clean the ME region (because my device has a touchscreen).
            I will be very grateful for the help as I do not know how to edit the bios myself yet.
            My device Surface laptop 3 1868( serial:001623203857)
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by KostiaM View Post
              Greetings to all!
              Please help. I have a Surface laptop 3 with a password on the bios.
              Please remove the bios password and clean the ME region (because my device has a touchscreen).
              I will be very grateful for the help as I do not know how to edit the bios myself yet.
              My device Surface laptop 3 1868( serial:001623203857)
              Please tell me, if I just replace the "Aword" and "SetOEMStrings" blocks with FF characters, will it help?

Comment

Originally posted by KostiaM View Post
                Please tell me, if I just replace the "Aword" and "SetOEMStrings" blocks with FF characters, will it help?
                https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=104153
                Attached Files
                Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Thanks!!!

Comment

Thank you very much, with your bios the laptop runs and there is no password on the bios. But unfortunately neither the serial number nor the Windows key were saved. And because of that all the drivers are not installed.
                    I tried to take the original dump and change the ME region to the one in your file. But it took too long to turn on the laptop and the battery drained faster.
                    Is there any way to save all the notebook data and update the ME region?

Comment

Hey @peste - reckon I could use your attached .bin BIOS file with a CH341A programmer to flash my surface laptop?

Comment

hello, me too, i need help for:

laptop / MICROSOFT SURFACE LAPTOP 3 13.5" /
                        cpu / INTEL 10TH GEN /

spi chip / WINBOND 16MB@WSON8

thanks.
                        Last edited by SMDFlea; 04-11-2023, 01:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Moh.Jr.Boudali
                          more info:

model / 1868 /
                          motherboard / M1098028-008 /
                          spi chip / WINBOND 16MB@WSON8 / W25R128JWPQ /
                          problem / BIOS PASSWORD /

try..
                          Last edited by SMDFlea; 04-11-2023, 01:12 PM.
                          Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

Comment

Anyone know where the BIOS chip is on the surface pro board?
                            Good to know other people have their laptops in pieces too @Moh.Jr.Boudali !
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by thatguycalledrob; 02-23-2023, 11:55 AM. Reason: added attachement

Comment

Originally posted by thatguycalledrob View Post
                              Anyone know where the BIOS chip is on the surface pro board?
                              Good to know other people have their laptops in pieces too @Moh.Jr.Boudali !
                              Upload a clear image for this WSON chip.
                              Attached Files
                              ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
                              all donations are welcome,
                              see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
                              >>>>>
                              click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<
                              ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by peste View Post
                                try..
                                hello , sorry for the delay to responce, i flashed the spi rom and it work , thank you to give me your time for help. @peste

first boot laptop reboot 3 times then make update like it show in pic, and i enter bios password gone and all setup option shows in menu, juste the information like model and systeme uuid and serial number changes. can i fix that information and how to do it.

thank's again
                                Attached Files

Comment

hello, i still need help for:

problem / BIOS PASSWORD /
                                  laptop / MICROSOFT SURFACE LAPTOP 3 13.5" / 1868 /
                                  cpu / INTEL 10TH GEN /
                                  motherboard / M1098028-008 /
                                  spi chip / WINBOND 16MB@WSON8 / W25R128JWPQ /

@peste give me help and it work no password and admin access to bios restored , but lost all machine info like model and system uuid and serial number and windows license key

i need help for another try without loosin all this info, thanks.
                                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by peste View Post
                                    try..
                                    hello @peste, thank you for help, but i still need help for recover dmi info (model and system uuid and serial number and windows license key), i stuck with this situation i was able to boot into usb flash drive reinstall winos but for the drivers pack from microsoft can't install it because of an error not reconise the surface laptop 3 hardware. please @peste or anyone give me help

thank's

Comment

Please laptop only Boots to surface logo
                                      Attached Files

Comment

I guess it works now
                                        Last edited by ajbernasko; 04-07-2023, 08:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ajbernasko View Post
                                          i have a surface laptop 3 locked,please help me unlocked. i studied @peste's way by setting the offset 600064-628DB9 to FF blocks and writing it back , I get to the 4 surface logo, model number 1868 not 1698 as named. Thank you
                                          try..
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X