Clear All

Re: RCUnlocker

By locating the correct chip on your motherboard

Comment

HP ProBook 440 G7

error

dump bios
      Last edited by SMDFlea; 04-01-2023, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pmaster View Post
        HP ProBook 440 G7

error

dump bios
        has no extension. Put at the end .bin aka bios2.bin
        and it will work

Comment

Originally posted by danito View Post
          has no extension. Put at the end .bin aka bios2.bin
          and it will work
          thank you!

Comment

How to use rc unlocker.

Comment

Originally posted by RethoricalCheese View Post
              This is a multitool and unlocker for several series of laptops. Works on Windows. No python etc installing needed, all included in package. Everything is tested by myself but since every laptop is not made equally, there might be edge cases. Always VERIFY your file after reading!!!

Unlocking
              HP - ProBook, EliteBook, ZBook (including 32MB models)
              Chromebooks from all various manufacturers
              Apple - everything older than T2
              More to come...

Information display (helps to verify file integrity)
              HP - ProBook, EliteBook, ZBook (up to 16MB models for now)

Custom logo removal
              HP - ProBook, EliteBook, ZBook (up to 16MB models for now)

Usage: Drag and drop .bin file to .exe file.

In case there are problems with unlocking your laptop, write a short description of the issue, upload original file and if possible, _unlocked.bin file aswell. Just crying for help is useless. Keep the topic as clean as possible.

You may ask for feature requests, I'll see what I can do.

Comment

Hello to all friends and experts here,
                I'm very scared and my fingers are shaking because I'm about to use the RCUnlocker tool that user RhethoricalCheese posted on this website
                for my laptop: HP ProBook 430 G5 2VP86EA
                Because I forgot the BIOS administrator password.

I disconnected the main battery and also the small cmos battery from the motherboard.
                I use the Test Clip Cable with the XGECU T48 TL866-3G programmer.
                The motherboard model is: DA0X8BMB6F0 rev F
                The BIOS chip model is: Giga Device 25B127DSIG

I want to ask you a few questions before I start the process and ask for as much information as possible that can help me with the symptoms later:

1. Is the RCUnlocker tool that I downloaded from this website safe to use and does it not cause a back door in the BIN file to penetrate the computer remotely?

2. What will change and what information will disappear in the computer hardware after writing the BIN file on the bios chip?
                and more importantly, how do I correct and restore the original information?

for example:
                clean ME/TXE region, UUID, ISV Id, System Board ID, SKU Number, Product number, DMI info, CT number, VNRAM, EC firmware

I really tried to read for weeks about these concepts and I didn't understand anything.
                That's why I'm asking for your answers and knowledge.

3. If there is a any problem with my laptop after writing the BIN file on the bios chip,
                Can I upload the original password-locked BIN file to this website and help me cancel the password but keep all the original information of the computer as it came from the store and the manufacturer?

Thanks.
                Last edited by leezhihao2020; 02-16-2023, 05:29 PM. Reason: add question.

Comment

1. You already have a backdoor in your bios. It's called computrace You can always compare before and after files with hex editor to see what has changed. (hint: something got deleted, not added)
                  2. Your password will disappear. Nothing needs restoring.

3. Yes. The most important thing you must do is to make a PROPER backup. Be sure that it's read AND VERIFIED before continuing. If anything goes wrong, you can always resort to your backup file.

Comment

@RethoricalCheese :

Please sir , Acer Chromebook CB514-1W has 32M DUMP, does RC_UNLOCKER process this kind of file?

Comment

Originally posted by dimah77 View Post
                      @RethoricalCheese :

Please sir , Acer Chromebook CB514-1W has 32M DUMP, does RC_UNLOCKER process this kind of file?

No because back then common HP EC roms and chromebooks were under 32MB and I tried to avoid people who are unable to read instructions, modifying the wrong chip.

Comment

Originally posted by RethoricalCheese View Post
                        No because back then common HP EC roms and chromebooks were under 32MB and I tried to avoid people who are unable to read instructions, modifying the wrong chip.
                        then how to unlock enrollment for previous attached file ?

Comment

when im trying to drag and drop bios file 8mb in rc unlocker it not response i have pythone latest version 11.xx any friend face this issue

Comment

thanks for sharing

Comment

Hi there,

Please help unlock this bios password for my Elitebook 840 G6
                              Thank you.
                              Last edited by SMDFlea; 03-13-2023, 01:18 PM. Reason: multiple requests

Comment

Originally posted by kingkong8 View Post
                                Hi there,

Please help unlock this bios password for my Elitebook 840 G6
                                Thank you.
                                RULES UPDATE for BIOS requests/offers *AVOID BANNING, READ BEFORE POSTING*

Originally posted by piernov View Post
                                You MUST NOT:

Hijack threads unrelated to your request
                                Post a request in multiple threads
                                Post a request multiple times
                                Post in foreign (non-English) languages
                                Share private contact information
                                In addition, Peste has already told you what to do to solve the problem.
                                ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                                Become a Badcaps supporter
                                >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                                Thanks to all supporters.
                                ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

Hello,

Could you please help me unlocking an HP 830 G8 bios ?
                                  Here are the dumps, thank you very much.

Comment

Originally posted by kekosef View Post
                                    Hello,

Could you please help me unlocking an HP 830 G8 bios ?
                                    Here are the dumps, thank you very much.
                                    >

Comment

Originally posted by Vesko356 View Post
                                      >
                                      Thank you very much for your help.
                                      Can you please tell me how did you bypass the 16MB limit ?
                                      Indeed, I would like to do it myself for another one :

Comment

Originally posted by kekosef View Post
                                        Thank you very much for your help.
                                        Can you please tell me how did you bypass the 16MB limit ?
                                        Indeed, I would like to do it myself for another one :
                                        I can't tell you because I do the unlock without using the tool.
                                        >

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                        >>>>> Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or click on this link to donate via PayPal. Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs. <<<<<
                                        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Hi All I got this error message.
                                          The application was unable to start correctly (0x00007b).
                                          Did I make any mistake?

Comment

Working...
                                          X