Panasonic TNPA5335 - from 7 to 6 LED blinks after Repair Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Panasonic TNPA5335 - from 7 to 6 LED blinks after Repair Kit

If the boards are missing parts then these missing parts need replacing first ?how do you expect to get them to work with components missing?. And yes all the time SN /SC faulty with no blink code is common that is why i say do not pay any regard to blink code

Comment

Does anyone have or know where to get a schematic for this board? I have replaced all the parts mentioned earlier in this thread. On ic502 the pads for pins 4, 7 and 8 fell off. Idk if these are used or not. I am hoping they fell off because they were just glued down. If they are used then i need to know where they connect to so i can fix my screw up. Thank you in advance for any help you can give me

Comment

I take that back. I was relying on my memory. It is pens 4 5 and 6 at the pads fell off of

Comment

Pads 4/5+6 are no contact on the IC and so will not be problem,you are not the first to have lost these pads but no big deal

Comment

Hi I hope you're fine ?

I am writing from Switzerland, excuse me for my English but I go through an online translator;-)

I take this post because I can not open a new one.

I have a problem with a plasma Panasonic TX-P46GT30E

The LED flashes 6 times.

I searched the internet but I find no indication for this problem, do you have any idea?

A big thank you in advance and any nice day to you!

Best regards.

Marc

Comment

Originally posted by marc.suisse View Post
              Hi I hope you're fine ?

I am writing from Switzerland, excuse me for my English but I go through an online translator;-)

I take this post because I can not open a new one.

I have a problem with a plasma Panasonic TX-P46GT30E

The LED flashes 6 times.

I searched the internet but I find no indication for this problem, do you have any idea?

A big thank you in advance and any nice day to you!

Best regards.

Marc
              Services manual http://elektrotanya.com/cgi-bin/download2.cgi says 6 blinks could be SC board, which seems to be the Achilles heel of Panasonic plasma tvs.

Comment

6 blinks normally occurs after SC board repair. Either the switching ic IC502 is not replaced or DG302 is short.

According to the service manual you have a problem in the recovery section. Normally thats one of the switching ic's or double transistors.

What happened with the tv?
                I only repair Panasonic plasma tv's! Currently owning a TX-P55VT50 and still searching for a ZT60!

Comment

Hi, I've read through a few threads on here to get ideas on solving a problem and was wondering if anyone can help? I have a few TX-P50VT30 TVs with TNPA5335 (AG and BG) SC boards. I've repaired a few of these in the past using the repair kit available from ebay etc. I tend to fit all the components regardless if the old ones are reading as short or not as I currently only have a cheap DMM and don't really trust it. The repair kit I have used replaces the following parts:
                  Q621
                  Q622
                  Q623
                  Q401
                  Q402
                  Q403
                  Q421
                  Q422
                  Q423
                  Q441
                  D421
                  D402
                  D643
                  D642
                  IC502
                  Q531
                  This kit has succesfully repaired a few boards but I have two that have switched to a 6 blink code after fitting the kit. (tested with both buffers isolated and SC50 jumpered the board powers on to a green light for about 1 second and then triggers the 6 blink code). In addition to the above I also swapped out Q600 and Q451 but still get the same 6 blink code. I can confirm that all are other boards and the panel are fine as the TV works perfectly with a good SC board so I know the prolem is definitely on this board.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what else to check? I have a feeling it's something simple and I'd hate to waste a good board. Thanks in advance :-)

Comment

There are a lot of fake IGBTs out there,I have had failed repairs sent to me to fix after owners have fitted repair kits from eBay.Who did you buy the kit from.

Comment

Originally posted by flocko View Post
                      There are a lot of fake IGBTs out there,I have had failed repairs sent to me to fix after owners have fitted repair kits from eBay.Who did you buy the kit from.
                      The first few kits were off ebay but the last few boards were repaired using parts sourced from aliexpress with some bits from donor boards (mainly spare SS boards). I've read about fake IGBTs and I'm not ruling that out but I've had one successful repair last week using the same batch of spares that I've also used on the ones giving me the 6 blink code which makes me think it's something else but I could be wrong?

Comment

I would not dismiss the fake parts (IGBTs) as some will work for as long as a few weeks before they fail,and I would not recommend the use of parts pulled from old boards (only for testing and then replace with new). I have found and tell others to replace all the IGBTs if in groups or pairs with ones from the same batch and not mix and match, even if one of a pair or group tests good replace them all, as not doing so can cause a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by flocko View Post
                          I would not dismiss the fake parts (IGBTs) as some will work for as long as a few weeks before they fail,and I would not recommend the use of parts pulled from old boards (only for testing and then replace with new). I have found and tell others to replace all the IGBTs if in groups or pairs with ones from the same batch and not mix and match, even if one of a pair or group tests good replace them all, as not doing so can cause a problem.
                          OK, thanks. I received one particular TNPA5335 AG board in a smashed TX-P50ST30 that had previously been repaired but was working fine. I was trouble-shooting another ST30 that had blue hazy dots randomly appearing on the screen and as part of the process I jumpered SC50 and disconnected the upper SU buffer and the TV fired up with the top half of the screen blank as expected. When I repeated this with the SU connected and the lower SD buffer disconnected it blew the whole row on the left edge of the SC board (Q621-Q623 D641-D643) as well as Q661. (I've used this procedure for earlier models and it worked a treat!). Do you happen to know if there any driver ICs or anything else that will need to be replaced as well? I replaced all the blown parts and swapped out Q531 and IC502 just in case but they all blew again. Thanks again in advance.

Comment

you can have faulty Q501/Q531,IC501/IC502, D407 just for starters,also with these SC boards only run SC50 test with buffers fully disconnected,and not for to long. faulty buffers can and will take out the SC in some cases.

Comment

What i found out after many sc board repairs is that when you only replace the IGBT's and you get 6 blinks , the driver ic's need to be replaced. I took Flocko's advice and i replace them even though they are not bad. They took a big hit...
                              I only repair Panasonic plasma tv's! Currently owning a TX-P55VT50 and still searching for a ZT60!

Comment

Just a quick follow up... it did indeed turn out to be the driver ICs, I had actually replaced them...twice!! So had ruled them out as the cause of the problem. More specifically it was actually Q531 (the little transistor labelled Y02). I bought some from aliexpress and it looks like they're fakes (or I made a mistake identifying the correct part?) So many hours wasted on this... :-(. Can anyone confirm the correct replacement part? The ones I bought were described as: "AD8211YRJZ-RL7 AD8211YRJZ Chip screen printing:Y02 AD SOT23-5", they look exactly the same and have 'Y02' printed on them just like the original part. According to the manual i think this is the Panasonic part number: B1AAPG000009 but I can't find much info or a cross reference for it. I noticed farnell also stock the aforementioned ones so was going to order some from them instead but wanted to confirm if they're the correct part beforehand. Thanks again in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by guando21 View Post
                                  Just a quick follow up... it did indeed turn out to be the driver ICs, I had actually replaced them...twice!! So had ruled them out as the cause of the problem. More specifically it was actually Q531 (the little transistor labelled Y02). I bought some from aliexpress and it looks like they're fakes (or I made a mistake identifying the correct part?) So many hours wasted on this... :-(. Can anyone confirm the correct replacement part? The ones I bought were described as: "AD8211YRJZ-RL7 AD8211YRJZ Chip screen printing:Y02 AD SOT23-5", they look exactly the same and have 'Y02' printed on them just like the original part. According to the manual i think this is the Panasonic part number: B1AAPG000009 but I can't find much info or a cross reference for it. I noticed farnell also stock the aforementioned ones so was going to order some from them instead but wanted to confirm if they're the correct part beforehand. Thanks again in advance.
                                  If you read left to right it's 3Y and if you search 3y you'll see a few Panasonic SC threads. cph5524 SANYO(ON-SEMI) and the OEM should be B1HFPFA00001

B1AAPG000009 is for Q501 located on the P-board.

To search for Q531 on the SC you search q16531
                                  Last edited by tw2005; 10-28-2016, 02:59 AM.

Comment

yes I think you'll have big issues using a High Voltage,Current Shunt Monitor for a PNP/NPN driver transistor

Comment

Originally posted by tw2005 View Post
                                      If you read left to right it's 3Y and if you search 3y you'll see a few Panasonic SC threads. cph5524 SANYO and the OEM should be B1HFPFA00001

The 3Y transistors are used on the 42" version (TNPA5330?) but all the TNPA5335 boards I have here (5 at the moment) just have Y02 printed on them.

Comment

Originally posted by tw2005 View Post
                                        If you read left to right it's 3Y and if you search 3y you'll see a few Panasonic SC threads. cph5524 SANYO(ON-SEMI) and the OEM should be B1HFPFA00001

Thanks for the tip regarding the part reference but that points to the 3Y transistor, any idea if these are interchangable with the Y02 or would you happen to know the correct part number?
                                        Last edited by guando21; 10-28-2016, 03:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by guando21 View Post
                                          The 3Y transistors are used on the 42" version (TNPA5330?) but all the TNPA5335 boards I have here (5 at the moment) just have Y02 printed on them.
                                          time for the camera. I have 3 working TNPA5335 to look at and they're 3Y. I'll show you mine if you show me yours

They're all 50" versions

Comment

Working...
                                          X