HP BIOS unlock tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HP BIOS unlock tool

Hi...this is working...but in the beginning it shows "system is booting in manufacturing program mode 32" ... I am not sure what this is but apart from this it is working fine...

Comment

one issue is there... I am never able to shut down the laptop... instead of shutting down it restarts...

Comment

Originally posted by parag.thakkar.27@gmail.co View Post
        one issue is there... I am never able to shut down the laptop... instead of shutting down it restarts...
        try this one too, but remove the bios chip from the motherboard before writing, the DMI information must be entered after writing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rP3A3HWM_-Q
        Attached Files
        Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

I have taken out wires from the chip.. can I do that without taking out the chip?

Comment

Originally posted by parag.thakkar.27@gmail.co View Post
            I have taken out

wires from the chip.. can I do that without taking out the chip?

if you do not remove the chip from the motherboard when reading or writing the bios chip you may have errors.

do not use the clip you will have errors ..
            Last edited by peste; 05-09-2020, 05:04 AM.
            Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

I am not using a clip.. instead I have soldered the wires on the chip legs to 8 pin base which i have inserted in the programmer...I use this programmer for burning firmware in mcu...

Comment

should use it in both main and EC dump or only main one

Comment

Hi there, I could not get it to work on a HP Elitebook 745 G3. I dumped chip contents and used the unlocker to generate the unlocked file and wrote it back. Laptop still had the password so I used total commander to see what was changed and it appears to just be the already blank area at the beginning?

See attached pic if you could advise what I have done wrong please. I also attach the .bin files (rename from .zip, they are not zips.)

Many thanks.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Also how is the tool clearing the correct part, can I just do it myself in a hex editor?

Comment

Seeing that you have an empty beginning and it modified the beginning, your dump was faulty. Did you verify when reading?

Comment

Originally posted by reessi View Post
                        Hi there, I could not get it to work on a HP Elitebook 745 G3. I dumped chip contents and used the unlocker to generate the unlocked file and wrote it back. Laptop still had the password so I used total commander to see what was changed and it appears to just be the already blank area at the beginning?

See attached pic if you could advise what I have done wrong please. I also attach the .bin files (rename from .zip, they are not zips.)

Many thanks.
                        Will you please post proper zipped files next time. The total file size for both bin files zipped is 6.34 MB

Last edited by SMDFlea; 05-10-2020, 03:08 AM.
                        All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

I un-soldered the chip with the hot air station, I took 2 copys from the chip, verified both with total commander as advised in this thread and wrote back the unlocked one and verified. The laptop posts fine with the unlocked version. Sorry for not zipping I thought it was a problem with the forum not letting me attach the file. Have I copied the correct chip U366 next to the bios battery. There is another at the other end of the board, U365. How can we know normally without a Schematic? See Pics. I could try the other one but I don't want to take un-neccessary risks unless I'm certain it is. The bios battery and its socket were already ripped off when I opened this laptop as well as the ram slot.
                          Many thanks.
                          Attached Files

Comment

I am going to try the other chip with is bigger 16mb, the one I did is 8mb. I will report back.

Comment

If you don't want to take unnecessary risks, just ask before doing anything you are not sure of. It is always the bigger chip on HPs. So your first attempt was pointless.

Comment

Hurray, it worked, thanks to everyone and next time I won't jump to conclusions. What does the other chip do? Do you think I need to get it back off and write the original dump back. The changes are just in the blank section at the beginning as pictured above!

Cheers

Comment

Probably wouldnt make any difference.
                                  But I personally would put back original content, would only take a minute of my time.

Comment

Yeah I did that, but what is that chip for? Also I've been un-soldering them everytime. Can they be done in situ? I was afraid of the dumps being wrong and would be game over if I flashed back a bad copy!

Comment

After trying Mazzif's bios tool a long time a go, I thought the newer HP's were unlockable.
                                      HP 840 G3 Admin P/W removed
                                      Big thanks to RethoricalChesse for a fantastic tool.

Comment

Originally posted by reessi View Post
                                        Yeah I did that, but what is that chip for? Also I've been un-soldering them everytime. Can they be done in situ? I was afraid of the dumps being wrong and would be game over if I flashed back a bad copy!

They contain Intel microcode and some other stuff. Also a copy of DMI data.

You can solder wires to gold pads but if you have a hot air station, desoldering using that is always faster.

I have tried pogo-pins once but it didn't work then. Will try again some day.

Comment

Hello Everyone,

got a 15G6 - what a beast in today - sadly BIOS-PWd. Had no Luck with manual removing it nor with the unlocker tool. Maybe someone want to have a look at it and can help me out.

I found the usercred in the typical location but at reboot it seems to restore the settings. Intel ME is @ Version 12.0.45.1509 PMC is @ 300.2.11.1020 - maybe the put in an anti tamper protection?
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X