X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LENOVO BIOS AUTO-PATCHER for Supervisor Password Removal

Originally posted by Cunninghood View Post
    Hi Knucklegrumble,

It worked on the old laptop, but I tried on another laptop, also T460, and it couldnt work again

I manually patched it already.

However, if you are interested, I have attached the bios dump of the new laptop.

That being said, really appreciate your automated file! It really saves alot of time and effort
    Ok so it worked on the old T460, but not on a different new T460?

1. Have you flashed the same patched bios (from the first laptop) to both?
    2. What happens when you power on the one that doesn't work?

Comment

Hey Knucklegrumble,

So sorry, I made a mistake. I replaced the folder, so there were unnecessary files inside. I later deleted the folder and re-extracted again, everything is working. Owe u a treat if you ever come to Singapore!

Comment

Originally posted by Cunninghood View Post
        Hey Knucklegrumble,

So sorry, I made a mistake. I replaced the folder, so there were unnecessary files inside. I later deleted the folder and re-extracted again, everything is working. Owe u a treat if you ever come to Singapore!
        Haha... No problem.

With the world in its current state I don't think I'll be over there any time soon.. but you never know.

Comment

@Knucklegrumble

It worked perfectly. Hats off to you. Many thanks!

Lenovo Yoga 370 type 20jj

Winbond 25q128jv

ch341a programmer

Colibri 10.0.1.61

Comment

Knucklegrumble

It worked perfectly for lenovo t460 thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Knucklegrumble View Post
              If I could have the script press the button for you I would... There are limits to what technology can do for now...
              hahahhaha, no problem sir. just for self reminder or maybe other user get strange problem with your script. Cause when i try to turn on without ppressing that button, laptop stuck on loading screen/post logo, then i remember on another thread about it. Really thank for free script that helped me a lot

Comment

Originally posted by martha februarini View Post
                hahahhaha, no problem sir. just for self reminder or maybe other user get strange problem with your script. Cause when i try to turn on without ppressing that button, laptop stuck on loading screen/post logo, then i remember on another thread about it. Really thank for free script that helped me a lot
                How to is on the first post.. or:

autopatch --howto

Comment

@Knucklegrumble
                  if use autopatch to replace both dxe driver & manually with uefi tool
                  both output patched not simlar why?
                  tried with NM-A052 REV 1.0 bios.
                  used uefi replace as body.
                  Last edited by earthoo7; 08-23-2020, 01:49 PM.

Comment

Thank you very much it's working with 7th generation thinkpad 13 Type 20J2 board daops9mb8e0 rev: e

Comment

Originally posted by earthoo7 View Post
                      @Knucklegrumble
                      if use autopatch to replace both dxe driver & manually with uefi tool
                      both output patched not simlar why?
                      tried with NM-A052 REV 1.0 bios.
                      used uefi replace as body.
                      As far as I understand you can't replace the DXE drivers simply with an hex editor. UEFITool (NOT UEFITool NE!) rebuilds the image fixing the addresses of all of the drivers as they shift up or down when they are replaced.

So to answer your question, they are not similar because UEFITool rebuilds the image and fixes it and you, probably, do not.

ALSO, When you replace, if you are using the drivers I included in the auto-patcher, you need to "Replace as is...", not just the body.

Comment

Hello everybody.

Sorry for a lame question, but could you share (a link or manual) how to dump my original bios image?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Marribi View Post
                          Hello everybody.

Sorry for a lame question, but could you share (a link or manual) how to dump my original bios image?

Thanks.
                          I'd suggest googling "read bios chip with programmer"

Comment

As far as I understand you can't replace the DXE drivers simply with an hex editor. UEFITool (NOT UEFITool NE!) rebuilds the image fixing the addresses of all of the drivers as they shift up or down when they are replaced.

So to answer your question, they are not similar because UEFITool rebuilds the image and fixes it and you, probably, do not.

ALSO, When you replace, if you are using the drivers I included in the auto-patcher, you need to "Replace as is...", not just the body.
                            @ yes, you r right.

thankyou

Comment

NOTE: The latest version of the auto-patcher requires Python 3. It will not work with Python 2

Comment

I'd suggest googling "read bios chip with programmer"
                                Thank you for the answer!
                                For some reason I thought that it should be easy one with some software dumper.

I'm not sure if there is a good reason to buy programmer/solder to chip just for 1 laptop, It's my personal PC, I bought it from hands, it was already used, and only after 1 year I checked the bios and it is locked.

So maybe here is someone from Russia, Moscow who can do this operation?

Comment

How to use this software
                                  kindly brief

Comment

Originally posted by shabi View Post
                                    How to use this software
                                    kindly brief
                                    https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...52&postcount=1

Comment

Thanks Maxpower,

I have T470 Type 20JN and i was patched OK.
                                      -No need to backup old bios.
                                      -Patch any clean BIOS file (i was downloaded from Lenovo)
                                      -Burn Patched BIN.
                                      -Remove Disk and Tamper Switch Tapered
                                      -Turn on and do it Maxpower instructions.
                                      -Burn your Original Bios.
                                      -Enter to setup disable everything Secureboot, Password, Security Chip certificates etc...)
                                      -No changes of SN, HWid, MacIds, (only changed OA2 String. What is this?)
                                      -Enjoy your Thinkpad.

Comment

I patched my original BIOS (x1 Carbon 2nd Gen). Scheme: MX 25L12873F. After reboot I listen 5 beeps and 5 beeps again. After that I see the string "Press Enter to interrupt a normal boot order" or similiar. And that's all. Please recommend me actions for recover my laptop.

Comment

Originally posted by alexxis View Post
                                          I patched my original BIOS (x1 Carbon 2nd Gen). Scheme: MX 25L12873F. After reboot I listen 5 beeps and 5 beeps again. After that I see the string "Press Enter to interrupt a normal boot order" or similiar. And that's all. Please recommend me actions for recover my laptop.
                                          [ HOW TO USE THE PATCH ]
                                          STEP 1: Flash and replace current BIOS with the generated patch file
                                          STEP 2: Boot the machine
                                          STEP 3: Press ENTER/F1/etc. to enter BIOS settings
                                          STEP 4: Enter any character when asked for Supervisor Password
                                          STEP 5: Press enter when it shows Hardware ID
                                          STEP 6: Press space bar 2x when asked
                                          STEP 7: Turn off machine
                                          STEP 8: Restore original BIOS
                                          STEP 9: Reset BIOS settings to factory default

Comment

Working...
                                          X