Dell Latitude E5450 Power Short Circuit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dell Latitude E5450 Power Short Circuit

Think you better present your case with hd picture and all the voltage and ristance to ground from all coils.

Resistance measure with no voltage, no bios battery and no ram , cpu you changed is soldered cpu not?

Somebody can help you then to see where the problem is .

Comment

Originally posted by Stevedb View Post
      Think you better present your case with hd picture and all the voltage and ristance to ground from all coils.

Resistance measure with no voltage, no bios battery and no ram , cpu you changed is soldered cpu not?

Somebody can help you then to see where the problem is .
      All the coils show me a resistance value above 10k ohms, except for the two coils near the CPU. I have attached a picture of the two coils. I think one of the capacitors is broken. Am I right?
      The voltage on the coils and capacitors is 1.7V without RAM. (MB still on) With RAM also 1.7V till the MB shuts itself down after 3s, so 50mV nearly 0V.

And no my CPU is not soldered.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Blitzbirnle; 10-25-2021, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Can someone help me please?

Comment

@blitzbirnle, merely describing the symptoms don't help ur case. How can anyone give u advice when u have not given any measurements, steps taken to fix etc etc.Start by checking ur ram ic requirement, voltage on ram slot. Check whether there is any voltage drop on +19v line when u turn it on. U can measure that at CLR. Next to probe is SIO.

Comment

If u have problem in following or is not sure about anything, don't be afraid to ask.

Comment

That is not a dell lattitude e5450 that you have.

You can best open a new tread i discribd your problem in detail and give the hd picture with the values of coils to ground and also from the current sensor that i ask before and also the voltage that you have. Voltage you must measure with one single ram , bios battery with 3v and also the boardnumber is needed. If you got the shematic and bourdview provide it too.
              Resistance measures without power, bios battery , all other wifi module, the barebourd with the power button.

Otherwise nobody can you help you if you do not provide the needed pictures.

Good luck

Comment

I've already found the problem. It was a cap near the CPU as i mentioned above. I just removed and tested it, works perfectly again.

I would like to thank you for the help and effort.

Best regards

Comment

Originally posted by titomno2 View Post
                  Hello Guys,
                  After receiveing some new toys (thermal camera and power suplly).
                  I have injected with power supply 1.2V and the motherboard drained around 5 amps.
                  With thermal camera I found a bad cap heating near PQ705, once removed with hot air gun, the short disappared and now the motherboard is working again.
                  I have a donor motherboard to swap badcaps (I have removed also another short circuit on this one but the issue was obvious (cap exploded)) => fixed short circuit but can't use the motherboard because previous owner destroyed the bios chip UC2 (pads are completely out of the motherboard).

I use FLIR TG267 (MSX is sometimes hard to see the good component because of misalignement between HD cam and Flirt cam, but hiding the HD cam with finger help to see only FLIR vision).
                  Hope it could help some of you.

Best Regards and take care.
                  hello I did the same thing, in my case they had two capacitors visibly damaged and to see this I just needed my watchmaker's magnifying glass
                  Last edited by piernov; 01-24-2022, 10:16 AM. Reason: google translate

Comment

Originally posted by Blitzbirnle View Post
                    I've already found the problem. It was a cap near the CPU as i mentioned above. I just removed and tested it, works perfectly again.

I would like to thank you for the help and effort.

Best regards
                    Could you please tell where exactly was the CAP? I'm struggling with kidna same problem like you wrote.

Comment

Working...
                    X