Acer Nitro 5 Powers On But No Display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acer Nitro 5 Powers On But No Display

Hi guys I have a Acer Nitro 5 AN515-44 board number is LA-K181P . It powers on when i press the power button and also seems to charge the battery.It's a Ryzen 5 with Nvidia Graphics .The Processor get's warm. I hear the fans spin up to high speed.The history is unknown suspected water damage.Friend bought it for me very cheap as a gift to see if i can Repair it.But under my Microscope I haven't seen any major corrosion at all. Only coil i notice to be shorted or low resistance is the coil around by the GPU. Below i have attached a picture of my findings so far in the schematic of those coils.It is very difficult to get measurement's around the GPU/CPU area because of the all in one Heatsink. And really don't want to risk leaving it off. Hoping you guys can confirm maybe the GPU is dead. Thanks.

Re: Acer Nitro 5 Powers On But No Display

Gpu coil at 2.6 ohms on this mb is fine. Problem may be elsewhere.

Comment

A few things:

Even there is no real corrosion you might want to US clean incase there is anything under chips

Test with working RAM - is there any voltage on those coils?

Any voltages at display connector - 3v, VDD, BKLT?

Any HDMI output?

Has the bios been messed with? You might want to try reading and compare with good bios and then reflash incase there is any corruption.

Comment

Hi man lucky dip i need some luck on this one .lol thanks for the input. Will test with known working ram tomorrow.Will also test for voltages on memory coils.No HDMI ouput.I tried a bios flash today but nothing changed.

Comment

Okay so far the only thing that raises a red flag is I get no PGOOD signal on the ddr4 memory controller chip. Check all around it and also all the resistors and they are fine.Am going to order a new IC and i'll report back if anything changes.

Comment

You could flash another bios and see if that changes anything (thats after making backup of the original!)

Comment

Hi again guys thanks for the input problem was solved and labtop is working really great now .I ended up changing the memory IC and eventually got picture and Labtop is working fine now. I took the IC from another dell labtop with ddr4 and have the same exact Memory IC controller.So thanks again everything is ok.

Comment

can u give me schematic for this board sir....
                Last edited by SMDFlea; 10-26-2021, 05:26 AM.

Comment

Here is the schematic for this model.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?p=1079788

Last edited by SMDFlea; 10-26-2021, 05:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by platinumsteel View Post
                    Hi again guys thanks for the input problem was solved and labtop is working really great now .I ended up changing the memory IC and eventually got picture and Labtop is working fine now. I took the IC from another dell labtop with ddr4 and have the same exact Memory IC controller.So thanks again everything is ok.
                    hello one question, you changing RT8207PGQW chip? Thx

Comment

Is it possible to bypass the GPU for this model if proved to be defective?
                      I mean DIS to UMA.
                      but this is a ryzen

Comment

Is it possible to bypass the GPU for this model if proved to be defective?
                        I mean DIS to UMA.
                        but this is a ryzen

Comment

Working...
                        X