• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Enermax PRO 82+ 525W repair

got it sck054

Comment

^ Yup, SCK 054 is correct.
      Yours blown too? If yes, check the big 400V caps on the primary. Could be open-circuit or low capacitance or high ESR.

BTW, looks like I still haven't updated this thread on the results I had with mine after removing the APFC circuit and running 2x 200V caps in series... but in short, I can't draw full power from the PSU without it shutting down. IIRC, it was shutting down somewhere past 200-250 Watts power draw on the AC side... so perhaps around 160-200 Watts of draw on the DC side, accounting for efficiency and whatnot? Therefore, the APFC is needed for full power output. Otherwise, if the lower power rating will suffice, the two cap APFC removal mod does works just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by momaka View Post
        ^ Yup, SCK 054 is correct.
        Yours blown too? If yes, check the big 400V caps on the primary. Could be open-circuit or low capacitance or high ESR.
        Inrush limiting thermistors are like fuses. They blow if something else draws excessive current.
        PeteS in CA

Power Supplies should be boring: No loud noises, no bright flashes, and no bad smells.
        To kill personal responsibility, initiative or success, punish it by taxing it. To encourage irresponsibility, improvidence, dependence and failure, reward it by subsidizing it.

Comment

Working...
        X