X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RAZER BLADE 2016 - Turns on and black screen after POST

Hello guys!

I have a Razer Blade 2016 Model RZ09-0195 motherboard Betty R5 V3.1

Laptop turns on, I can get to the BIOS screen, but after it just hangs in black screen.
    Visual inspection nothing, board is factory.

Tried another Bios dump, same thing. I see CPU activity at the start, but when I try to boot USB stick, it disappears and hangs in black screen.

I measured just now CPU vcore, when turning on or when on bios I see 1.10~0.9V, but after POST it goes to 0V when back screening.

This laptop has the SIC631 mosfets and the Intersil 95855A controller.

Should I replace these SIC631 Mosfets?
    Anyone with some experience with these boards?

Thanks in advance!
    Attached Files

Re: RAZER BLADE 2016 - Turns on and black screen after POST

Are you sure it is not a GPU issue? Can you try with lighter OS. Linux perhaps to ensure it doesn't fail when GPOU kicks in.

BTW would you mind sharing your original BIOS, I have the same here with seems to be a corrupted BIOS.

Thanks IT-Solve

Comment

Originally posted by ZixuTech View Post
      Are you sure it is not a GPU issue? Can you try with lighter OS. Linux perhaps to ensure it doesn't fail when GPOU kicks in.

BTW would you mind sharing your original BIOS, I have the same here with seems to be a corrupted BIOS.

Thanks IT-Solve
      RZ09-0195* bios in the "Bios Requests ONLY!" section -

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=76992
      All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Check what happens on Intersil 95855A - ALERT# and sense ressistors. Its tottal shot in the dark but VCORE going to 0v seems like its turning it off.

Comment

Hello everyone,

Well since these boards are known for CPU power circuitry failure, I went ahead and changed all CPU mosfets, the SIC631... and machine now works 100%!

So when CPU was asking for power after bios screen, the ICs were not able to properly switch and deliver power... solved.

Just as reference in case someone finds themselves with similar issue.

Cheers
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi @magneh. What were the symptoms of yours?

Weirdly my one was turning on with a black screen with lights on the keyboard and a slowly blinking LED. No heat on CPU/GPU only on the chipset.

I figured out that the CPU fuses were blown after I have tried to flash a couple of BIOS'es.
            Replacing the fuses brought it back but the keyboard wasn't detected anymore. No RGB lights. I could load the system, the trackpad is fine just no KBD.

So I reverted the original bios and now is turning on with a black screen and no keyboard lights. Fuses are fine, the system heats up.

Go wonder.

Comment

Originally posted by ZixuTech View Post
              Hi @magneh. What were the symptoms of yours?

Weirdly my one was turning on with a black screen with lights on the keyboard and a slowly blinking LED. No heat on CPU/GPU only on the chipset.

I figured out that the CPU fuses were blown after I have tried to flash a couple of BIOS'es.
              Replacing the fuses brought it back but the keyboard wasn't detected anymore. No RGB lights. I could load the system, the trackpad is fine just no KBD.

So I reverted the original bios and now is turning on with a black screen and no keyboard lights. Fuses are fine, the system heats up.

Go wonder.
              Hey there!
              The laptop turned on normally and it would hold up in bios etc, everything after POST would be black screen.
              If I measured CPU VCORE, it would go to 0V when screen went black.

I would try to measure also CPU vcore on your, most likely its always 0v.
              Measure all the fuses around that area, and it would not hurt to change all 4 CPU mosfets.
              Good luck mate!

Comment

where i found cpu vcore? or there is boardview and schemetics avaiable? i think i have the same issue
                thanksss

Comment

Hey guys, I'm glad I'm not the only one with same issue.
                  Laptop turns on, BIOS shows, blah blah, then when loading OS or USB OS, or anything where the BIOS passes control to some other OS, the VCORE and VCCSA hits 0v and display goes off, but machine stays on.
                  I've changed 2 SIC631 MOSFET's for VCORE (the other 2 SIC631 are for VCCGT (onchip graphics) and are fine, and 2 other smaller ones for VCCSA, but still same result.

I suspect this is a BIOS issue. Probably from a previous owner doing a bad BIOS update and got corrupted.

Has anyone go a known GOOD BIOS and EC ??#Preferably one which has had ME Cleaned properly with the original ME Version (not updated). You can blank out the Serial in the EC chip if you like - I prefer to use my original Serial anyway.
                  The BIOS's in the other Post didn't work. I got no POST, no BIOS from them.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by magneh View Post
                    Hello everyone,

Well since these boards are known for CPU power circuitry failure, I went ahead and changed all CPU mosfets, the SIC631... and machine now works 100%!

So when CPU was asking for power after bios screen, the ICs were not able to properly switch and deliver power... solved.

Just as reference in case someone finds themselves with similar issue.

Cheers
                    That actually worked. In my previous post (the one before this), I said I had changed only 2 SIC631 for VCORE. Well, now I just changed the other 2 as well for VCCGT (Graphics).

And hey presto....I can not boot an OS

Thanks dude for the tip about changing all 4 MOSFETs. Although I reckon I only needed to change my VCCGT ones from the get go.

Comment

Anyone know if I can use SIC632 to replace SIC631 for this model?

Comment

Working...
                      X