Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Toshiba Satellite - Locks up when plugged in

Originally posted by rievax_60 View Post
    Im still trying to make sense of this. While the laptop is being powered from the charger only, what happens when you insert the battery?
    Only with the charger work ok, when i but the battery while i have the charger and the system runing after a few sec will shutdown.

The battery is not charging and also i get a message that say i must replace it.
    I will try with a new battery

Comment

Hello,
      i have the same prob A300. but my Q is if i can remove the tokin cap with heat gun and thermo laser gun???

Comment

yes, you are likely to be able to and make a mess as well. It is difficult to apply heat to where it is needed without the part melting an falling to pieces. It is much safer to gouge it off the PCB. It is not necessary to scratch the crap out of the PCB in the process.
        https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=46821. Look at my photos in post #6.
        Last edited by rievax_60; 12-02-2015, 06:31 PM.

Comment

yes, you are likely to be able to and make a mess as well. It is difficult to apply heat to where it is needed without the part melting an falling to pieces. It is much safer to gouge it off the PCB. It is not necessary to scratch the crap out of the PCB in the process.
          https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=46821. Look at my photos in post #6.
          Hi tnx 4 the help.
          but i dont care if the tokin will melt of fall in to pieces cuz its dead already ;-)

P.S
          I forgot to ask if i can do it without removing things from the MB???

Comment

Originally posted by predator0357 View Post
            Hi tnx 4 the help.
            but i dont care if the tokin will melt of fall in to pieces cuz its dead already ;-)

P.S
            I forgot to ask if i can do it without removing things from the MB???
            I normally don't. You will risk melting the solder under the CPU socket. Also, leaving the CPU and heatsink attached might draw away a lot of heat.
            Causing extra damage to the mainboard is the main thing to worry about.

Comment

So i havve to remove the CPU even if i dont use heat gun? But after i remove the tokin i will need to apply heat anyway to solder the new caps and the CPU will drew heat also so whats the different?

Comment

So i havve to remove the CPU even if i dont use heat gun? But after i remove the tokin i will need to apply heat anyway to solder the new caps and the CPU will drew heat also so whats the different?
                No need to remove the CPU if you are going to gouge the capacitor off. A good soldering iron with a large tip is all that is needed to fit the replacements. I use a Hakko 936A clone with a K tip. A soldering iron heats a small area.

There is lots more detail in this thread. Did you see the other post that I mentioned earlier?
                Attached Files

Comment

No need to remove the CPU if you are going to gouge the capacitor off. A good soldering iron with a large tip is all that is needed to fit the replacements. I use a Hakko 936A clone with a K tip. A soldering iron heats a small area.

There is lots more detail in this thread. Did you see the other post that I mentioned earlier?
                  Why did u add solder between the caps?

Comment

Why did u add solder between the caps?
                    To connect their (-) ends to the ground print. The green coating is called Solder Mask which needs to be scraped away to expose the underlying copper print so that is can be soldered to. Excessive scraping will ruin the mainboard.
                    You need to read more of this thread. You forgot to answer my previous question. It is sometimes difficult to know what is being ignored.
                    Last edited by rievax_60; 12-03-2015, 12:04 AM. Reason: extra

Comment

To connect their (-) ends to the ground print. The green coating is called Solder Mask which needs to be scraped away to expose the underlying copper print so that is can be soldered to. Excessive scraping will ruin the mainboard.
                      You need to read more of this thread. You forgot to answer my previous question. It is sometimes difficult to know what is being ignored.
                      But the outer line are + and the inner lines are - so why we need to add (-)?
                      I did saw ur post it was helpful 4 me tnx.

Comment

But the outer line are + and the inner lines are - so why we need to add (-)?
                        I did saw ur post it was helpful 4 me tnx.
                        The (-) tabs under the capacitors do not overlap the original (-) solder pads/stripes. Other members solder their replacement capacitors at an angle so that the capacitor tabs can be soldered directly to the original pads.

Comment

The (-) tabs under the capacitors do not overlap the original (-) solder pads/stripes. Other members solder their replacement capacitors at an angle so that the capacitor tabs can be soldered directly to the original pads.
                          So if my caps (-) touchs the (-) terminal i dont need to do what u did,right?

Comment

So if my caps (-) touchs the (-) terminal i dont need to do what u did,right?
                            That's right, if you can solder it properly. You have no electronics experience?
                            What equipment do you have?

Comment

Mainly what soldering iron do you have?

Comment

I have exp n i have soldering gun hakko 30->130w

Comment

hi
                                  what about this vid https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgH7RYiSkkY
                                  what do u think?

Comment

hi
                                    what about this vid https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgH7RYiSkkY
                                    what do u think?
                                    Dont do that if you want your laptop to work again. I have explained a safe method. Read more of this thread to see other members' experiences, good and bad, and avoid the unnecessary scratching.
                                    Send us a photo of your iron clearly showing the tip.

Comment

Dont do that if you want your laptop to work again. I have explained a safe method. Read more of this thread to see other members' experiences, good and bad, and avoid the unnecessary scratching.
                                      Ok tnx 4 the help😃
                                      I ordered hakko tips, all of them😃.

Comment

Heres my soldering iron HAKKO PRESTO 981
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Heres my soldering iron HAKKO PRESTO 981
                                          I didnt even know that iron existed. It would take some practice to get the heat right. I use a K tip or large chisel tip. The rest depends on your soldering skill.
                                          Check the resistance of the CPU between the (+) and (-) pads before you start. Then check it after you have fitted the new capacitors to be certain there is no short circuit caused by the soldering.

Comment

Working...
                                          X