Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Toshiba Satellite - Locks up when plugged in

Originally posted by rievax_60 View Post
    I didnt even know that iron existed. It would take some practice to get the heat right. I use a K tip or large chisel tip. The rest depends on your soldering skill.
    Check the resistance of the CPU between the (+) and (-) pads before you start. Then check it after you have fitted the new capacitors to be certain there is no short circuit caused by the soldering.
    Hehheheheh but this iron is good.
    I will post some pics B4 and after with the multimeter😃
    Tnx 4 the help👍👌😃

Comment

Will it not help if I try and put the motherboard in the oven ?

Comment

For Toshiba l300 question

Comment

Toshiba l300 motherboard: starts loading Windows, and immediately disconnect the laptop after 2 seconds starts again and so ad infinitum.
          Whether the problem is a capacitor?

Comment

Yes this problem is usually caused by the Tokin capacitor.
            Originally posted by PeteS in CA
            Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
            A working TV? How boring!

Comment

When i bend the motherboard of the laptop it sometimes stops working ,or starts, or the video dissappers. Do you think i can try putting the motherboard in the oven for some time?

Comment

Hello guys!! Just opened a L300 with the same problems. Not working with power adapter. I immediately bought a new NEC/TOKIN but to my surprise when I tore up the laptop under the cpu was sitting a big like NEC/TOKIN capacitor named WR2R5122. Is that the same?
                Attached Files

Comment

It is 1200uf. You need to replace it with 4x 330uf low ESR capacitors like 2R5TPE330M9.
                  Read more of this thread.

Comment

Will try to TANT D4 SMD 680uF 4V- 4TPE680MI x2. WR2R5122-This has nothing to do soldered.
                    Last edited by tempro; 12-15-2015, 02:06 AM.

Comment

On 4v ESR-18. A good must be ordered once-4x 330uf low ESR capacitors like 2R5TPE330M9
                      Last edited by tempro; 12-15-2015, 02:02 AM.

Comment

So can it be replaced with my brand new NEC/Tokin capacitor that I have already available?

Comment

You can try. It is lower in capacitance than the original so the computer might still be unstable. The NEC/Tokin capacitors deteriorate quickly and are difficult to solder without damaging it. Read more of this thread. There is a lot detail including the things to not do.

Comment

I don't see why would anyone use Nec Tokin that is known to fail prematurely.

Comment

Tried to remove with preheater and hot air but the old cap literally went into pieces. Will try more bottom heat like reballing. It is a very tricky removal just like you said guys...

Comment

Originally posted by rievax_60 View Post
                                The NEC/Tokin capacitors deteriorate quickly and are difficult to solder without damaging it. Read more of this thread. There is a lot detail including the things to not do.
                                None of the Tokins I replaced came back with a problem. It is very easy to remove and solder if you now how to do it. You are replacing a capacitor that was in service for at least seven years and probably had to cope with very high temperatures.

Comment

The preferred way to remove it is by prying it off the PCB. It is a long thread. You need to read as much as you can before it is too late for the mainboard. Post #863 also links to some detailed photos.

Comment

Originally posted by atsio View Post
                                    None of the Tokins I replaced came back with a problem. It is very easy to remove and solder if you now how to do it. You are replacing a capacitor that was in service for at least seven years and probably had to cope with very high temperatures.
                                    Thanks! Yes I took it apart easily after removing the top plastic. I put back my new NEC/TOKIN but I am reading ground on its pads. That is not normal I think Should I remove it and place it again??

Comment

It can look like a short circuit with the CPU fitted. Remove the CPU and check again.

Comment

Hmm it was removed. Then I fitted same result...

Comment

You could send us a photo although the problem would be tricky to spot. I have had no experience in soldering back an NEC/Token capacitor.

Comment

Working...
                                          X