Server emulation??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Server emulation??

I have very little knowledge of server usage but am willing to ask!

How easy or difficult would it be to emulate the Nintendo online server in order to upload GAME SAVE DATA to a local machine. This would be the only function I would be looking for, NOT for online access or play.

To be clear I am only looking for a way to save SAVE DATA to a local machine instead of on a paid online service BECAUSE I DO NOT play online ever,, and have no need for the service.
    Thanks to all for being__WAR_KITTENS____!

Re: Server emulation??

cant you just backup your sdcard?
    btw, what console is it?

Comment

Nintendo Switch, and you can only save (game save data) on Nintendo server. They won't let you save to sd card.
      Last edited by ramondo; 10-28-2020, 03:04 PM.
      Thanks to all for being__WAR_KITTENS____!

Comment

Welcome to not owning the copy of the games you have purchased

It could be anything as simple as a DNS redirect to your own server, to needing to be able to root the console and install your own stuff to make it happen. Or a combination of both. Either way you are gonna be reverse engineering how Nintendo made the save data work
        Last edited by goontron; 10-28-2020, 03:49 PM.
        Things I've fixed: anything from semis to crappy Chinese $2 radios, and now an IoT Dildo....

"Dude, this is Wyoming, i hopped on and sent 'er. No fucking around." -- Me

Excuse me while i do something dangerous

You must have a sad, sad boring life if you hate on people harmlessly enjoying life with an animal costume.

Sometimes you need to break shit to fix it.... Thats why my lawnmower doesn't have a deadman switch or engine brake anymore

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

Originally posted by ramondo View Post
          How easy or difficult would it be to emulate the Nintendo online server in order to upload GAME SAVE DATA to a local machine.

To be clear I am only looking for a way to save SAVE DATA to a local machine instead of on a paid online service BECAUSE I DO NOT play online ever,, and have no need for the service.
          Likely impossible. If they've set things up to push you to their server (to retrieve your save data) when they could have also given you a local option, then they really WANT you to be tied to their service.

Note that it's typically not just a case of capturing the data on its way across the network; if they want to lock you in, they've likely used an encrypted tunnel and custom protocol to prevent you from actually accessing/viewing the data in transit. (the encryption keys would be embedded in the console)

Comment

Working...
          X