Viewsonic VG2236WM-LED wont turn on / flashing power light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Viewsonic VG2236WM-LED wont turn on / flashing power light

My friend gave me this Viewsonic VG2236WM-LED that wont turn on. It just flashes the power light on and off, and you can hear the faint whine of a leaky capacitor.

Taking the case apart was the hardest part. After removing the stand, you have to use a spudger around the outer edge, and its best to start at the bottom of screen so its less likely to show if you scratch or bend the plastic. After that the metal cage that holds the boards is taped into place, but also all the ribbon cables are glued very well and hold the cage / boards in. I had to remove all the boards to get the largest board out (the power supply board ilp-031 rev:a)

Power supply had 4 buldged su'scon capacitors that were all 10v 680uF. there was another 2 su'scon capacitors, and 2 elite capacitors, probably wouldnt be a bad idea to replace them all if you cared enough to invest the time to fix a 22 inch monitor.

I was trying to do it as quickly and cheaply as possible so i replace the 3 680uF in a row (c830, c817, c818) with 1 2200uF in the center position (c818) mounted sideways, the other 680uF (c820) I couldn't tell if it was identically in parallel to the others, so i replace it with a 470uF + 220uF piggbacked on it. Curious if anyone would advise against substituting one large cap for 3 smaller ones in parallel the way i did?

Monitor worked fine after replacing just the 4 buldged ones and throwing it back together. It took about 40 minutes total, most of which was fighting the case.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by cashkennedy; 11-06-2020, 01:46 AM.
    Fixed so far 12 lcd's , 1 plasmas, 5 monitors, 0 dlp's (plan to keep the dlps at 0). and 3 atx power supplies, and 2 motherboards.
Working...
X