Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: macOS Big SUR changed my life

Originally posted by BigTroll View Post
    Oh boy, looks like I upgraded too soon.Louis Rossmann said the new OS spies on you. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aS2lJNQn3NA
    and it looks like it can corrupt your SPI ROM (Apple equivalent to BIOS) and brick your system on older machines as well:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tQVQUd94Aw

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
      IMO apple turned to the darkside when they left Motorola and started using Intel.
      I thought they went to the dark side when they went to Motorola...

Comment

Originally posted by Heihachi_73 View Post
        I thought they went to the dark side when they went to Motorola...
        68000 was a nice chip
        i never owned a "II" - who did they source their 6502's from??

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
          68000 was a nice chip
          i never owned a "II" - who did they source their 6502's from??
          When I hardly knew a thing about computers, when at The Vermont Achievement Center, in Rutland, Vermont, which I was there from probably late fall, 1988 to July 5, 1994, I saw IIs the most.

Because, even when Macs had been around for a good amount of time, The Vermont Achievement Center, only had some Macs!
          And rarer, was an IBM!

You actually had a better chance of spotting an Apple III in a classroom! Wow!

Then when I went to Crotched Mountain Rehabilitation Center, in Greenfield, New Hampshire, starting on July 5, 1994, it was vice-versa, mostly PCs with Windows.
          I can't recall seeing an Apple III or an Apple II, in fact!
          Where there wasn't a PC for a computer, there usually was a Mac.
          Last edited by RJARRRPCGP; 11-18-2020, 06:41 PM.
          ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

Hello to all,
            I have Macbook Air 1466 early 2015 and I tried to update macOS Catalina to Big Sur. After that when laptop starts there is a very loud fan noise like working on full speed and the screen is completely dark. I have tried SMC and NVRAM reset combinations but that didn't solve the problem.
            So I can safely say that macOS Big Sur changed my life also.
            Since there is a fan noise on the start, the motherboard is not dead. Did anyone have similar issues.

Comment

wut i have a 2012 mbp 13inch on catalina and the startup chime was always there were there apple devices that didnt have this from factory and big sur added it back ?

Comment

Originally posted by dragos2009 View Post
                wut i have a 2012 mbp 13inch on catalina and the startup chime was always there were there apple devices that didnt have this from factory and big sur added it back ?
                Yeah my mac mini 2018 didn't have it, they started to remove it from models starting with the 2016 MBP, then added it back with big sur.
                My Computer: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, Asrock X370 Killer SLI/AC, 32GB G.SKILL TRIDENT Z RGB DDR4 3200, 500GB WD Black NVME and 2TB Toshiba HD,Geforce RTX 3080 FOUNDERS Edition, In-Win 303 White, EVGA SuperNova 750 G3, Windows 10 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Adenitz View Post
                  Hello to all,
                  I have Macbook Air 1466 early 2015 and I tried to update macOS Catalina to Big Sur. After that when laptop starts there is a very loud fan noise like working on full speed and the screen is completely dark. I have tried SMC and NVRAM reset combinations but that didn't solve the problem.
                  So I can safely say that macOS Big Sur changed my life also.
                  Since there is a fan noise on the start, the motherboard is not dead. Did anyone have similar issues.
                  I heard about it corrupting the spi rom or something on older machines, I also have a 1466 2014 Macbook Air and kept it on catalina for fear the update might bork it. Hope you find a solution to the problem.
                  My Computer: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, Asrock X370 Killer SLI/AC, 32GB G.SKILL TRIDENT Z RGB DDR4 3200, 500GB WD Black NVME and 2TB Toshiba HD,Geforce RTX 3080 FOUNDERS Edition, In-Win 303 White, EVGA SuperNova 750 G3, Windows 10 Pro

Comment

Working...
                  X