Toshiba satellite A100-149 NO POWER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toshiba satellite A100-149 NO POWER

Costumer brought this old laptop with no power.. no led light when adapter is plug in.. just dead...

visual check.. no burnt parts fuse are all intact. mobo is clean

what i did check the
    Vin 19v
    B+ = 2.7v
    5VALWP = 0
    3.3VALWP = 0
    1.8VALWP = 0
    all power rail is 0 except the vin

happen to check the 2 transistors that trigger the gate of the mosfet PQ8 and PQ9

transistor PQ10 is open base open collector and emitter
    transistor PQ11 is good base emitter but open base collector..

the two mosfets are good when in circuit test but i doubt.

Question is.. those 2 transistors are intact no holes or burn marks..just died
    what is the problem so that i can look further for or maybe i missed something.. thanks in advance
    Attached Files
    Never stop LEARNING because life never stops TEACHING!

Re: Toshiba satellite A100-149 NO POWER

Exact resistance to ground on PR49?

Originally posted by Duranitron View Post
    transistor PQ10 is open base open collector and emitter
    transistor PQ11 is good base emitter but open base collector..
    Not sure what that means. Measure voltages to know if gates are being turned on or not.
    OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

Originally posted by piernov View Post
      Exact resistance to ground on PR49?

Not sure what that means. Measure voltages to know if gates are being turned on or not.

thanks for the respond... is it power surge that kill those transistor.. measuring resistance pr49 is 200 ohms.

using diode mode..
      PQ10 is open base open collector and emitter, i mean no connection between the base collector, base emitter and collector emitter is all open.. open transistor

PQ11 is good base emitter but open base collector. it means.. base emitter has connection but base and collector is open.. meaning defective transistor no base collector connection..

Last edited by Duranitron; 07-23-2020, 03:52 AM.

Comment

Last edited by Duranitron; 07-26-2020, 06:13 AM.

Comment

Hi
          I think Problem is after PQ9 200 Ohm is to low.
          Check with an externel Powersupply on pr49
          and see what is happend

Comment

thanks for the respond mielta..i connect the battery and it powers the unit.. B+ is 10V and it works fine.. problem is when you power it only with AC.. B+ is only 2.7 volts.. i already replaced the PQ9 and PQ8 with no changes.

QUESTION: are these two mosfets responsible for producing the B+ when using AC power? or i need to look anywhere else.. gate voltage is 18.5v its off for P mosfet.. need 0v in order to turn on the mosfets.. PU4 Vcc is 18.5v ACON is only 1.8v any idea guys? thanks in advance...
            Last edited by Duranitron; 07-27-2020, 07:15 AM.

Comment

Hi
              to turn on the Mosfet you need ca 8V
              When PQ15becomes power on Gate (PACIN) then it powers on and the voltageDivider
              PR50 and PR59 begin to work
              i woud check on page 35 the PACIN

Comment

thanks... i short the mosfet pq15 to ground.. the pmosfet doesnt turn on..ill try to replace pq8 and pq9 with new p mosfets and see how it goes...

Comment

can you try check solid capasitor.

Comment

Hello, greetings from Brazil.

thanks for the respond mielta..i connect the battery and it powers the unit.. B+ is 10V and it works fine.. problem is when you power it only with AC.. B+ is only 2.7 volts.. i already replaced the PQ9 and PQ8 with no changes.
                    If you only have 2.7v in B + then check the PQ7! He's the Battery switch! It must be damaged!

Remove the PQ7 and connect the charger. See if you now find 19v in B + with the charger.

Attached Files
                    Last edited by SMDFlea; 07-31-2020, 02:52 AM.

Comment

If you have only 2.7v in B + then check the PQ7! He's the Battery switch! It must be damaged!

Remove the PQ7 and connect the charger. See if you now find 19v in B + with the charger

thanks Shrimp_Green ill try that and see how it goes...
                      Last edited by SMDFlea; 07-31-2020, 02:51 AM.

Comment

progress .... i already pulled out the PQ7 hoping the mosfet is defective.. but with no avail.. but while i pullout the pq7 mosfet i dont know but component in the b+ section renders a 7ohms resistance so what i did is i open the PJ9 then power it on .. success there is 19volts in b+ .. problem is power switch is non operational...so i focus on the PJ9 connection with 7ohms resistance to ground pulled out all the components PC24 to PC27 and mosfet PQ11 then test for resistance yet there is still 7 ohms resistant CHG_B+ to ground..

problem is CHG_B+ is dead end.. can anybody show me where this CHG_B+ is connected so that i can continue to hunt the 7ohms resistance...CHG_B+ to ground.
                        or do i need to input 1v 1a and hoping a component will heat up...im in the edge of success here guys please help...

Comment

Inject voltage 1V/1A and increase the amp as you are aware. thats the safest bet to find out what is wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by mcplslg123 View Post
                            Inject voltage 1V/1A and increase the amp as you are aware. thats the safest bet to find out what is wrong.

thanks for the help i already repair the laptop a iron rust that short in pc27 cap a 0402 size cap connection.. i clear the short and connected the pj9 and turn on the laptop..it runs smoothly i watch a movie to test the laptop and monitoring it with CPUID HWmonitor.. all temperatures are more or less 40 degrees Celsius till i finish the movie.. thanks very much all for your effort and time...

Comment

thanks for the help i already repair the laptop a iron rust that short in pc27 cap a 0402 size cap connection.. i clear the short and connected the pj9 and turn on the laptop..it runs smoothly i watch a movie to test the laptop and monitoring it with CPUID HWmonitor.. all temperatures are more or less 40 degrees Celsius till i finish the movie.. thanks very much all for your effort and time...
                              Okay, congratulations on the repair.
                              Greetings from Brazil.
                              Last edited by SMDFlea; 07-31-2020, 02:51 AM.

Comment

thanks bro

Comment

Working...
                                X