Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to Re-assemble Macbook battery ?

Hi
    I have an old 2007 Macbook with a dead battery. Mac OS detects the battery but cannot charge it and dispays a message: replace battery.
    This is a 6 cell battery with 3 blocks of cells connected in series and each block contains 2 cells connected in parallel.

In order to try to avoid buing another battery, I've desoldered all the cells and check the voltage of each one of them, which ranged from 0.8V to 1.2V.
    So I've charged them individually and all of them are at 3.7V, now.
    After a couple of days they still hold the charge.

My problem is that I didn't know about the BMS sensing mechanism via a thick piece of metal and I've just cut the piece of metal and desoldered the cells one by one. Now, I don't know how to connect the sensing wires back.
    Can somebody help me please? Is it ok to replace that strip of metal by wires?
    Thanks in advance.
    Best regards,
    Pedro
    Attached Files

Re: How to Re-assemble Macbook battery ?

Anyone can help me with this, please?
    Cheers,
    Pedro

Comment

i tried do something similar with an acer notebook, but then i see the temperature thing to cut off cbattery connection i ncase of high temperature... and that thing is extremely fragile and some just broke. i think also to make a wire jump, but ... do we know how dangerous are batteries ? they can blown, get fire, increae in diameter and seriously damage the chassis, the mainboard and whole room if they got fire. so is it worth repair that kind of lipo battery by ourself ? that temperature sensor cost a bit. so for repair we need to invest in money, solder, take care of positive and negative contact. with some 60-100€ we can get a new or a good second hand battery that is perfect working.

for that acer i preferred spent 40€and be sure that nothing can get on fire by some mistake i could do.

Comment

Thanks for your reply.
        I think it is the best thing to do.
        For this Macbook the compatible ones, cost less than £20.

Cheers,
        Pedro

Comment

Working...
        X