Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acer S277HK horizontal flickering lines

Hi,

I have Acer S277HK 4k 27" display, and the problem is it has flickering horizontal lines. Display panel is M270QAN01.1

I disassembled monitor and checked every connection and looked for obivious marks of failure. It seems like earlier owner have replaced power unit caps at some point, I will replace those when I get new caps, but they seemed okay.

Horizontal lines are more clearly visible at top of display.

Here is photo of mainboard from internet, I can take better photo myself tomorrow

Does anyone have any ideas what to check first and where to start? What could cause this?

Here is video for reference
    https://youtu.be/mn9KQsbClbQ
    https://youtu.be/eBiamjcMqBU

Re: Acer S277HK horizontal flickering lines

I have the same issue with the same screen. Were you able to fix the problem? Did you fix the caps? I am hesitant to order a new main board if that isn't the issue.

Comment

Hoping to keep this tread alive exact same issue.
      Got this screen from an exchange student going home, and hoping to fix and use it.

Hope to hear from anyone who has found the cause of the issue

Comment

Originally posted by GrantR View Post
        I have the same issue with the same screen. Were you able to fix the problem? Did you fix the caps? I am hesitant to order a new main board if that isn't the issue.
        No, problem is still there. Any help will be appreciated.

Comment

I dont know if this is a solve per se.
          I hooked up another power adapter I had lying around and left it there.

I kept using the monitor even though it looked like shit.

After 1-3 weeks (honestly dont remember), it went to full brightness and stopped the shimmering.

I have no idea how this voodoo bs works, but I am just leaving my monitor alone for now and being happy taht it works.

Did the clean power from my blessed adapter just flush out the toxin buildup from the previous bad connector, and now the monitor is healed? best explanation so far.

Comment

I have the same problem, but I have a hard time getting this thing apart. So could someone please point me in the right direction to get inside this damm thing?

Comment

Working...
            X