Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cornell Dubilier purchase Panasonic's Aluminum foil plant.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cornell Dubilier purchase Panasonic's Aluminum foil plant.

I think this news is relevant to the forum...

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2010/ju...ts-end-foiled/

Panasonic plant's end foiled; Cornell Dubilier purchases its assets

Cornell Dubilier Foil, a longtime customer of Panasonic Electronic Devices Corporation of Americas' aluminum foil plant in Forks of the River Industrial Park, has purchased the aluminum foil plant's assets and resumed production of the specialty product used in electronics. Terms of the acquisition were not disclosed.

"They've been an excellent customer to work with over the last 20 years," Brandon said of Cornell Dubilier. "It has worked out well for both parties. Cornell is a very strong company.

Cornell Dubilier's new plant processes specially treated aluminum foil used in instrumentation that produces power. The foil is a key component in aluminum electrolytic capacitors. Brandon said Cornell Dubiliers products are used in large turbines that produce wind energy and in some solar energy equipment.

Panasonic said Cornell Dubilier decided to buy its foil division when Panasonic decided to end U.S. production of formed aluminum capacitor foil, which created a foil supply chain problem for Cornell.
    I don't know too much about this, but that sounds to good news for me.

Cheers!

Re: Cornell Dubilier purchase Panasonic's Aluminum foil plant.

It's good that the plant stays open and people stay employed. It's good for Cornell Dubilier because now they're manufacturing their own foil for their products and so should have no supply issues (and costs will be lower).
    Ludicrous gibs!

Comment

Working...
    X