X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi,

My name is Barry, AKA OddShoes. Retired but hobbying up by doing electronic repairs and updating old audio systems. So an old guy who earned a living by writing and editing but a newbie here.

Regards

Odds

Comment

Hi folks!!!,

My name is Jose AKA "Lokomia". I´m Spanish and I´m IT professional with 15 years of experience, I used to repair all type of device electronics from I was a child, for this I considering share a time with us on this forum, I hope can help in this issues and viceversa .

Regards!!!

Comment

Hello, guys

My name is Zé (you say like "bad" but without "d" and with "z" ), . I live in São Paulo, Brazil,l and I work fixing laptops, desktops, mobiles...

Comment

Hi,

I’m Joell from New Brunswick, Canada. I’m a licensed electrician but also do work with digital signage boards. I’ve amassed a ton of old boards and TVs and thought I’d start to learn about how to repair small issues. Excited to learn!

Comment

Hi EveryOne,
            My Name is Naveed from Pakistan.

Comment

Hi all and (late)merry Christmas ,

I'm Nico from Germany and i hope someone can help me for now and maybe somedays i can help out

BR
              Nico

Comment

Hallo i am new in the forum.
                This is my 1st post.
                I like computers and electronics.
                Nice greeting from Austria

Comment

Hi all and almost happy new year from UK

I am Yiran and I found this place when I search for fixing the Marshall Stanmore amps. Woot, seems I can learn quite a bit from people here

Comment

Hello everyone,
                    I am from Portugal and I am a computer technician happy new year

Comment

Hello !
                      I'm a bit of a newbie around laptops and i want to learn some stuff.
                      I really like this forum it has a lot of technical stuff

Comment

My name is Chris Assimacopoulos. I'm a musician in Phoenix. I just wanted to join because I know how to Saxophone like and expert, but I an no expert at most tech issues

Comment

Hi, my name is Jess, and I'm from Utah. I've always been interested in fixing electronics. I recently acquired a TV from work that was going to be thrown in the dumpster. This forum provided tons of useful information on what the problem could be. Luckily for me it ended up being nothing more than a loose cable connection. The TV is mostly working fine now, but has another issue that I am having trouble finding info on, so here I am. :p I'm looking forward to learning more!

Comment

Hello All, nice to be here.

Comment

Hi all, its nice place to have, I'm a software developer, best luck for everyone

Comment

My name is Ray. I live in New Hampshire, the one in the US. I'm new to TV repair, which is why I'm here. What I'm NOT new to is computers, was face-to-face with my first, a PDP-8 in 1967. I've repaired hardware and software and custom-built PCs for folks, and have even recapped a power supply or two, and some motherboards.

Comment

Hi im from Philippines i have small electronics shop and i am new in programming TV,MIDI DVD,Computer Motherboards ect. im using rt809f for the start hope some day i can help to this forum thank you

Comment

Merhabalar Ben Laptop Tamiri ile ilgileniyorum araştırmayı seviyorum ve bu site gerçekten çok yararlı mesajımı türkçe yazıyorum belki benim gibi arkadaşlar da buradadır daha çok yardımlaşma sağlarız birbirimize tüm üyelere teşekkür ederim çok yararlı bilgiler

Comment

Originally posted by rfusci@wesleyan.edu View Post
                                      My name is Ray. I live in New Hampshire, the one in the US. I'm new to TV repair, which is why I'm here. What I'm NOT new to is computers, was face-to-face with my first, a PDP-8 in 1967.
                                      I definitely don't go as far back as the 1960s! Heck, even in 1995, I was still new to computers! I was at Crotched Mountain Rehabilitation Center (Greenfield) and I accidentally deleted the wrong files on the group home PC! It had Windows 3.1x. In 1995 or near there, IIRC. Resulted in me getting temp-banned from their computers! But by 1997, I really knew better and took off with DOS knowledge! By the Pentium II era, I at least almost knew everything about MS operating systems.
                                      I remembered being excited to see Windows 3.1 super fast on a Pentium 133, IIRC! And Windows 95 super fast on a Pentium II! (It was 400 Mhz or near there, IIRC)
                                      Last edited by RJARRRPCGP; 12-29-2019, 05:27 PM.
                                      ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

Hello,

I am from Australia and I have a small computer , sales repairs, consultant working from my home. I like to get to know and work around the other side of motherboard repairs and how to fix them. Please help when you can, Thank you
                                        How are you all

Comment

Hello everyone,
                                          My name is Ron. My username was derived from a nickname my Dad gave in the year I was born, so that should tell you about my age...Just think Soviet satellite "Sputnik". My interest in electronics at an early age got me into a vocational school where I studied TV/Radio repair (in the days when they were entirely dependent on vacuum tubes). I fortunately had a scholarship and went on to get my bachelors and masters in Electrical Engineering. I've worked in just about every sector: aerospace and defense, automated optical inspection, industrial process control, medical imaging, commercial product design, and for the last 15 years, medical electronics (active implant devices). My work is mostly hands off now, since I work in standards development, but I keep my hand in electronics designing gadgets for my pyrotechnics hobby, and fixing everyone else's broken electronics. That is why I stumbled into this forum, as I am attempting my first repair of a flat screen TV (55" Samsung-9 years old-belonging to a neighbor, whose son thought it would be cool to "fix it"). Unfortunately it looks like a non-starter project, since it looks like the eeprom is toast following a storm this summer. Anyway, nice to join a forum of similar electronics techies and circuit fixing junkies! Happy New Year.....

Comment

Working...
                                          X