• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sony Vaio VPC-SB26FG cannot power on

cook it,its hard to troubleshoot if the MB has no label

Comment

Hi all, i am having the same issue with my MBX-237 board. No power at all. I measure the capacitor it is probably short. Temporary i bought a used board as i need the laptop for work. Order the ceramic caps from my local distributor, wish me luck.

Comment

marked up

Comment

Hi, total noob here. I registered to learn a few things from this thread cuz I have the same problem.

Comment

I have some problem but i thing that my power board is fault because on this pin is 0.0V, and when connect it to MB all red pins 0.6V except that is 0.0V

PS

Sorry for my English );
            Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

I apologize for my electronic knowledge.

can someone confirm that caps to replace are 10U_25V_K
              0805_X5R (those changed by michaeleangelo)

TIA

Laurent

Comment

10uF 25v are very common
                Just cook it! It's already broken.

Comment

My laptop sony vaio vpcsa35gb no video signal , turn on laptop only vga external. I need help.

Comment

I have the same problem. In these cases and as it is a 19v line, I will inject voltage to a power supply. I usually start with 1 volt. Having a short circuit, the current source will fire to several amperes. Typically C short burning or hot.

Also you can unsolder the capacitors one by one. When many capacitors, it's crazy!
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by odemontealto; 01-25-2016, 11:15 AM.
                    We technicians exist because engineers need heroes too

Comment

Battery not dedected in sony mbx 237

Comment

well i got 2 , not the usua capacitor problem , does are easy , but this 2 board , incredible ... i can disassemble machine then assemble , it turn on first time , all cool image ok , all ok .. suht off ... if i try turn on .. it will no longer turn on .. if i remove dc jack .. machine try to turn on since i notice lab psu showing me consume of 0.22 amp ... but then 0 ,, and if press the on off button , it will happen nothing , only if i remove dc jack , then board again consume 0.22 amp , no on off green led and no nothing !!!
                        dam sony computers ,,, anyone had ever had such thing happeing on this models ? and wich solution you found ?
                        i notice this board got a lot of RT bga regulator , usually does regulators fail a bit ... but weird the machine somethimes to turn on and work :! im stuck with this 2 board

Comment

hello , can anyone tell me how to Update or edit DMI information in sony svf15n17cxb , it shows model number and serial number as ,"Reserved"

Comment

Hi all,
                            Thanks for adding me! Fabulous forum!
                            My note is dead, doesn't turn on and the charging led is off as well.
                            Would you guys confirm to me if the three caps on the green rectangle highlighted by michaeleangelo are all 10u x 25vc? Are they PC252, PC253 and PC187 in the schematic?
                            Thank you!

Comment

i find same problem...one bad capacitor,..deferent place

Comment

Hello Everyone! I've been reading several threads about MBX-237 but I still haven't found the answer I'm looking for... MBX-237 is my old college computer which I'm trying to repair to install Linux on it and use it on different Arduino and RPi proyects.
                                My computer does not power on... No lights... No nothing! I have tested the Docking board and I'm getting 19v from pin 1-6 and 19v on pin1, 0V on pin2-10... I was reading the voltages on the MB and got SN608098 pin6 19V and pin7 5V... Sadly, I shorted this 2 while measuring the voltages and now I'm getting between 0-0.5V on both. I went back to the docking board to check the votages and I get 0-0.5V on pin1-6 and pin 1-10 when the CN3 to MB data ribbon is plugged! My guess is I shorted SN608098 pin6&7... but still... the computer was not powering on before I did this... I want to order all the parts I would need so what else should I test?? With no voltage on any pin, how can I test the capacitors connected to pin6 or pin7 of SN608098 and the other capacitors near that one? Any thoughts? please anyone!!

Comment

I've got a VPCSE model that is not powering on anymore as well.

But one thing is curious. If I heat the mainboard with a hairdryer the computer is able to start and works correctly.

What could be the cause?

Comment

Hi everyone
                                    I have a similar problem with the same motherboard and the same power board, basically without a battery and only with the power supply the computer works perfectly, when I connect the battery the computer does not turn on and no charge led is visible, what do you advise me to do?

Comment

Originally posted by michaeleangelo View Post
                                      Hi guys!
                                      I have just registered to share a bit of my experience with this mobo.
                                      I had no power at all on this laptop (current draw was 0.01A when connecting the power adapter to the laptop). BTW, I am using a very convenient chinese cheap power meter to see what happens to the laptops when I connect them: http://www.ebay.com/itm/261219652805 .

I had the black connectors (in yellow rectangles) on the mobo shorted with each other and to the ground. Therefore, the power daughter board MBX-458 did not provide 19V to the shorted circuit.

Then I soldered regulated power supply terminals to the points shown GREEN. The voltage was set to 1.5V, the current to 3A. The capacitor in a RED rectangle became hot immediately. So, it was shorted to the ground. After I have removed it, all the shorts with black (6-pin and 10-pin) connectors went away. The cap was replaced by a compatible 10uF/25V ceramic cap, and laptop turned on, was assembled and passed to the customer.

Of course, in your case this can be ANY other cap or semiconductor, but the main method is the same: apply safe voltage (lower than the intended voltage for the shorted circuit) to the shorted circuit and slowly raise the current while controlling the temperature of the board (with your hands or using any pyrometer).

Good luck, colleagues, and successful repairs to you all! :-)
                                      Thanks so much <3

In my case need replace fuse code "W_F1" (BQ24725_VCC_R_C) after replace ceramic cap. It protect BQ24725 when shorted ciruit.

Comment

Originally posted by mangtomas View Post
                                        cook its,its hard to troubleshoot if the mb has no label
                                        Which part of the circuit had a problem?

Comment

Originally posted by gisbern View Post
                                          OK ! My MBX-238 - THE SAME shorted capacitor ! Thank you for hint. Now both power connectors are NOT shorted anymore. Unfortunatelly, its still doesnt power on. When i plug both black connectors to mobo i can measure 19v. But just when i plug DATA BUS connector (beside both power connectors) i lost 19v imediatelly and system not power on. What is wrong ? Thank you for help.

(just for info, im testing that mobo WITHOUT shorted capacitor as i have no spare for exchange, but i hope its not my source of problem)
                                          I have the same issue. Resolve that?

Comment

Working...
                                          X