• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Acer Aspire 4745g power problem

check rsmrst at sio after pressing power button. 3 volts should come

Comment

Good day. I have ask the owner again what he was doing when the laptop crashed. He told me that he was playing candy crush when suddenly the laptop froze. He pushed the power button forcing it to shutdown and after that it never opened again.

When I took the laptop apart I noticed that the ventilation area, the one on the heatsink is clogged with dust. At least 3mm thick of black cottonlike sponge. Visually hot air produced by the heatsink cannot go through it making the gpu very hot. So is it possible that gpu is the cause? considering that the voltages are ok.

And other thing I tried to turn the laptop on without the processor and memory same thing happens power led blinks once then nothing.

I really wanted to make sure that we took every step to ensure that power is ok on the motherboard before doing a reflow. It is the last option that I'm considering.

As of now I'm inspecting the gpu and there are memory chips around it, maybe I need to reflow those too, just in case. Thank you very much for your help and patience.

Comment

worst case you need to reball.
        but hey what could it get more bad that the notebook doing nothing
        reflow and tell us what happen
        Just cook it! It's already broken.

Comment

I managed to locate rsmrst on u16 pin no 75. pushed power button jumps from 1.47v to 0v. Is this bad? thanks very much.

@dj I'm preparing my station for the reflowing
          Last edited by lezsimply; 08-12-2013, 01:56 AM.

Comment

change the gpu chip with new one, i'll be ok..

Comment

so what happen?

Comment

sorry for the late reply, been busy for awhile. I tried doing a soft reflow on the gpu and yet still same issue, today I'll be reflowing the video memory chip that I found beside the gpu chip. If nothing happens I think this board is junk.

Is it ok to reflow the SIO chip? thanks again!

Comment

if you can reball the gpu, reball it, is not junk yet.. you need patient and time.

Comment

Thats the problem, as of now I do not have the equipment to perform reballing procedure.

I tried to reflow the SIO chip, whenever I press power button power led no longer blinks but still no power. One thing I also notice is that whenever I plugged the ac adapter amber light lit on LED2 I think its the battery indicator. There is no battery inserted and the motherboad has been taken out from the case. Why is it doing that? strange...

Comment

I think it may have gotten worse. Laptop is totally dead with no lights. no response from power button when pressed. But Still 5v and 3.3v are ok. Do you guys from Phil know a place where I could buy npce781La0dx SIO chip or do I need to order it from ebay? Thanks again

Comment

For the record I would like to say thanks to all people involved in my post. The issue is now solved. What I did was, I replaced two smd capacitor underneath the processor socket. This is quite similar to those toshiba nec tokin problems. Never knew that the problem lies just underneath... Again thanks to all and kudos to badcaps!

Comment

sir, lezsimply..

can you please specify what value of smd capacitor you replace on the motherboard? i think i have the same problem on my laptop.. like to replace it but hav no idea what capacitor is.. thanks in advace sir..

Comment

Originally posted by lezsimply View Post
                            For the record I would like to say thanks to all people involved in my post. The issue is now solved. What I did was, I replaced two smd capacitor underneath the processor socket. This is quite similar to those toshiba nec tokin problems. Never knew that the problem lies just underneath... Again thanks to all and kudos to badcaps!
                            tantalum or smd?
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by dj_ricoh; 04-06-2014, 03:03 AM.

Comment

As I can recall its labeled 330 d. its a 2v 330uf tantalum capacitor. I replaced 3 of them. just under the processor. I had 2 shorted but I replaced all 3.

Comment

Originally posted by lezsimply View Post
                                As I can recall its labeled 330 d. its a 2v 330uf tantalum capacitor. I replaced 3 of them. just under the processor. I had 2 shorted but I replaced all 3.
                                awesome work.

when i have board like that and i have some time i lift up the caps and check them.
                                good to know i`m doing the right thing

Comment

hi to all i just wanna ask if you know how to reset the bios of this laptop acer 4745g.

tnx..

Comment

good day, got same issue here, is this resolved or not, can pls... help me regarding this ive done the check v all of the instruction except the reflow. what possible parts causing the the problem specific parts..... thanks

Comment

same issue. what value u read the cap under processor ?i got to gnd is 054 on positif side. its ok?

Comment

Working...
                                      X