Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please help me :(

Hi all...
    i've tried so hard to understand how to read the schematics, looking for tutorial on the internet, but i have no luck, i know the components and the symbols but i can't figure where to start, for example; i have acer one 522 dead, but i dont know where the power circuit is, and how the electricity flow, could someone please help me to explain?

always wish for the lights

i have attach the schematic
    Attached Files

Re: Please help me

You can start with page 28 DCIN/VIN DETECTOR. check PL1 if you have correct voltage. if voltage is present (VIN) you can proceed to page 30. check voltage which start from PD3 to PQ4 voltage must be present there.

Comment

study basic electronics first before going to a serious motherboard repair

Comment

There is an online course run by the Siva institute, I'm saving my pennies for it so I can take my little repair shop up a step.

http://www.sivainstitute.com/neweng/

Comment

I'd like to do that too. His tutorials that he puts on the web have already helped me save a laptop from the dump. Good to see a few Aussies on the forum.

Comment

Originally posted by lezsimply View Post
            You can start with page 28 DCIN/VIN DETECTOR. check PL1 if you have correct voltage. if voltage is present (VIN) you can proceed to page 30. check voltage which start from PD3 to PQ4 voltage must be present there.
            Oke thanks alot.. but i still wonder, does vin means it is the adaptor? cause i dont see jack there..

Comment

VIN is the output voltage of your adapter. look at the markings on the motherboard. PJP1 is the dc jack. voltage runs through PC1, PC2, PC3, PC4 and PL1 and has output voltage around 18v-20v. If this voltage is present there then you can go to page 30 to test furthermore.

By the way, have you had any experience in basic electronics or soldering? don't get me wrong I just wanted to know because laptop is not that easy to fix.

Comment

Originally posted by lezsimply View Post
                VIN is the output voltage of your adapter. look at the markings on the motherboard. PJP1 is the dc jack. voltage runs through PC1, PC2, PC3, PC4 and PL1 and has output voltage around 18v-20v. If this voltage is present there then you can go to page 30 to test furthermore.

By the way, have you had any experience in basic electronics or soldering? don't get me wrong I just wanted to know because laptop is not that easy to fix.
                Thanks alot lezsimply thats very helpful., i usually fix laptop but not for the mainboard short problem, i usually ask the customers to bought a new One, but it is very expensive in my small town, i'v learn the tchnique of soldering and basic of electronics even though not much, so according to your experience, wich part should i begin first???

even they are not easy but i will never stop Learning, i hope u dont mind to help me if u can...

Comment

Good luck. I think VIN means "voltage in". That's good because a lot of schematic lettering doesn't make such easy translation to english as far as I can tell.
                  Last edited by sparker1; 03-27-2014, 05:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sparker1 View Post
                    Good luck. I think VIN means "voltage in". That's good because a lot of schematic lettering doesn't make such easy translation to english as far as I can tell.
                    Thanks sparker, but i need help now, where does the voltage convert to 5v and 3v, is it from dc-dc converter? and in my case where is it ( the converter) in the schematics?? I am sorry but i just want to know, i hope u dont get angry

Comment

if you have already confirmed that motherboard receives voltage from adapter, Turn to page 31. This is where 5v and 3.3v are produced. check PL6 for 3.3v and PL7 for 5v. If you are having a hard time identifying voltages you can check page 3.

Comment

You probably need help from people with more knowledge than me. Lezsimply knows his stuff. I think the job of DC to DC conversion is done by buck converters http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buck_converter and linear regulators. Page 27 of your schematic is headed as the DCC circuit. The components on that page have a product number - for instance U14 is a DMN3030LSS-13. With that number you can google (for instance U14 I get to http://diodes.com/datasheets/ds31261.pdf) their data characteristics and maybe you can test them for shorts/voltages. I am only a noob with this stuff so hopefully someone with more knowledge will help you out and correct any bad advice I may have given. By the way, the schemataic you have is passworded. This one isn't.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Sparker, I'm not also very good with this stuff I'm only sharing what I have learned from this forum. Joining this site helped me a lot and I thank everyone for it. In return, I helped others with the basics. In this area no matter what people say, little or not. The important thing is we helped and share. And if someone is wrong, its easily corrected

When I receive laptop with no power this is what I usually test.

-adapter
                          -dc jack
                          -regulator ic's
                          -bios
                          -shorts
                          -heating components
                          -burnt components

please feel free to add some
                          Last edited by lezsimply; 03-27-2014, 10:05 PM.

Comment

You probably need help from people with more knowledge than me. Lezsimply knows his stuff. I think the job of DC to DC conversion is done by buck converters http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buck_converter and linear regulators. Page 27 of your schematic is headed as the DCC circuit. The components on that page have a product number - for instance U14 is a DMN3030LSS-13. With that number you can google (for instance U14 I get to http://diodes.com/datasheets/ds31261.pdf) their data characteristics and maybe you can test them for shorts/voltages. I am only a noob with this stuff so hopefully someone with more knowledge will help you out and correct any bad advice I may have given. By the way, the schemataic you have is passworded. This one isn't.
                            Thanks for the schematic sparker, but i dont understand my schematic is passworded, what are the different?? do u have link where i can download any schematics are not passworded?? I'm on my way Home to town right now, and will back to the laptop soon, trace for short, thanks

Comment

When I went to open the PDF file of yours it requested a password. I did not have the password for it but one of the online pdf password remover sites cracked it for me. Good luck with your problem.

Comment

When I went to open the PDF file of yours it requested a password. I did not have the password for it but one of the online pdf password remover sites cracked it for me. Good luck with your problem.
                                I've check for the circuits, and i found PQ5 have input 19v and output 0,2v is that normal? Then i press the switch but the output is still 0,2v should i replace the PQ5?

Comment

PQ5 is the battery side FET. You should check all pins of PQ4 (You don't have to press the power button).

Comment

Originally posted by atsio View Post
                                    PQ5 is the battery side FET. You should check all pins of PQ4 (You don't have to press the power button).
                                    Thanks atsio for the reply, but do i have to remove the PQ4 from the circuit first? because without removing the fet from circuit here is the result of measurement D=18v,S=18v,G=1,8v
                                    Last edited by willy_andre; 04-05-2014, 03:20 AM.

Comment

the netbook is not totally dead, when the adapter is inserted, and press the switch, the power led is on, the fan spinning while but it stop and spin again and stop, then the power led is dead, the netbook is dead, and if the power button is pressed about three time(sometimes many time), the power led is on and the fan is spinning fast, but no display, is it because of gpu problem? i have try to connect it to the external monitor but still no display,hufft...

Comment

Probably.

Comment

Working...
                                        X