Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sony KD49X8005C Assistance Required Please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sony KD49X8005C Assistance Required Please.

Originally posted by Diah View Post
    also at end it should be so as this photo
    This was how the original wiring was, and all LEDs were working when I connected my LED tester to the plug from the PSU.

I still can't understand how some of the LEDs blew when they were all working fine.
    Attached Files
    Share your knowledge with others,
    And the gesture will be returned tenfold.

Comment

Originally posted by Stevie406 View Post
      This was how the original wiring was, and all LEDs were working when I connected my LED tester to the plug from the PSU.

I still can't understand how some of the LEDs blew when they were all working fine.
      here is the wrong you failed on.. i will draw it for you how your string are

Comment

little hard to draw,, but let me explain on your photo and comment you wrote
        take first string forexample
        on the right side you have + and - on the left side the end of the string extention of 4 led you wrote no input no out put.. actually the end of The last LED are - and it contact line on the string which go back to the first string as -

look on it and put in mind the photo i posted before to be clear for you

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post
          little hard to draw,, but let me explain on your photo and comment you wrote
          take first string forexample
          on the right side you have + and - on the left side the end of the string extention of 4 led you wrote no input no out put.. actually the end of The last LED are - and it contact line on the string which go back to the first string as -

look on it and put in mind the photo i posted before to be clear for you
          Yes I understand what you are saying, and also agree with your explanation, but there are no wires which can come from the ends of the LED strings. (the extensions).
          All plugs come from the wires on the right-hand side of the strings, and can only connect to one place as in the example of the picture I uploaded.
          It is like there are only 4 strings each with 9 LEDs on them.
          So the 4 strings are connected in a loop from + to - daisy chain loop.

Comment

Originally posted by Stevie406 View Post
            Yes I understand what you are saying, and also agree with your explanation, but there are no wires which can come from the ends of the LED strings. (the extensions).
            All plugs come from the wires on the right-hand side of the strings, and can only connect to one place as in the example of the picture I uploaded.
            It is like there are only 4 strings each with 9 LEDs on them.
            So the 4 strings are connected in a loop from + to - daisy chain loop.
            correct... then only your soldering IRON had current leak. so LED damaged or maybe cold contact at them. when you removed out the string they became open. you ordered strings, you can play now with them to find the reason. for example turn each one string alone and if there off try press the one are off.

Comment

Yes, I will use the old ones to learn more.

I hope the new ones will arrive quickly and allow me to continue with this repair.

Once again Thanks to all for the help and knowledge to have given me....

Comment

Hi Guys, Just an update on the purchase of the LED strips.
                I received all the strips today, But unfortunately, one of the strips of 5 led's is defective. I have contacted the supplier, But it is the Chinese New Year Holiday, so nothing will be done to rectify this problem until they return to work after the holiday.
                I will update the status of this repair when I have more information.
                Thanks again for all the assistance I have received so far.

Comment

hi, just wondering if you went any further with this tv & fault?
                  i have kinda same problem with a X8509C TV
                  Cheers

Comment

same for me - i have exact the same Symptoms on an KDL-65W855C.
                    Not the defect Leds - all LEDS are ok, all Voltages seem ok, but Poweroff/Restart About 10 s after turning on the BL, during the animated Android Balls.
                    Then after a few seconds starting again, White led on again, BL on, Android start .. and again.
                    Tried hard reset_ (Power & Vol-):
                    White LED -> after About 10 sec: green led -> still Pressing keys -> after 5 Seconds: Led off. same game, restarting.

Any Ideas ? Is it Bricked, and some Kind of watchdog restarting after 15-20 sec ?
                    Is there anywhere a Serial Console pin on the BMX to "see" Android boot Messages ?

Comment

Originally posted by magicstore View Post
                      Tried hard reset_ (Power & Vol-):
                      White LED -> after About 10 sec: green led -> still Pressing keys -> after 5 Seconds: Led off. same game, restarting.

Any Ideas ? Is it Bricked, and some Kind of watchdog restarting after 15-20 sec ?
                      Is there anywhere a Serial Console pin on the BMX to "see" Android boot Messages ?
                      this is wrong.. as soon after the led change from white to green you need to release power&volume -

try one more time till the set remain on even the screen black..when you reach the point it remain on... play firmware.

UART to trace boot... you can try at many places.. you need only one pin from yours TTL to GND and the RX of it try it on many point such USB or VGA socket. TTL TX you don't need right now just track the TX of the set with TTL RX

Comment

Hi Diah,
                        yes thats what i did ..
                        Still no success.
                        The only difference, when i press Power/Vol- is, the white Led is getting green without a picture on the screen.
                        If I dont Press any keys:
                        Plug to power, 5 secs later white led, 5 secs later Screen comes with android balls, animation begins, 10 secs later (the yellow dot gets oval..) -> Power off, restart.

With pressed keys: same timing .. led goes to green (without screen on), some seconds later puff, restart.

Will try to find a TX signal now ...

Comment

Hi I have same KD-49x8005C sony and My problem is stuck in reboot cycle ,will start and android logo on for 5 sec and tv will restart again . The white LED light turns on for a few seconds then turns back off and repeats this infinitely. I have tried pressing up arrow and power button together but nothing happens, I have also pressed volume down - and power button , reboot cycle again. I have also tried downloading the firmware on a USB and inserting it into both USB ports and power cycling the TV and it had no effect whatsoever. Anyone know how to write the firmware directly to the main board ?
                          Attached Files

Comment

hi, I have the same problem with a Sony KD-43X8309C the same reboot cycle problem.
                            I have tried the same steps but lo luck. hey needed

Comment

Hi again,
                              I have found on eBay two guys that repairs the pub for this tv type. One in UK for £150 the other in France for about £100.
                              But here is my question, does anybody knows if I can use a different PCB from a different model from the same class 4k, 43". Tv is ok apart from that stuck.
                              I am thinking if I can rebuild another tv, not on Android with a pc board from a different model or eventually replace another part that is necessary.
                              Because so many TV like mine, have this issue, they are expensive. for the same size on different models are two or three time cheaper.
                              Just a Thought. please let me know. best regards

Comment

Hi
                                I have a similar problem with the 1-980-310-11 power board of the Sony TV Model XBR-55XB810C, but the difference is that the TV doesn't power on and there's nothing sign or light on (like it stay turned off).
                                In the Connector CN6401, the values are similar.
                                In the Connector CN6801, + LED = 90.30v (a little slow value) and - LED = 0.0v
                                The Q6802 (K8A50D, Mosfet N)=0v
                                I need help about it, and I want to know where to find the datasheet of the power and T-con boards
                                Thanks

Comment

Sony XBR-55XB810C Assistance Required Please.

Hi
                                  I have a similar problem with the 1-980-310-11 power board of the Sony TV Model XBR-55XB810C, but the difference is that the TV doesn't power on and there's nothing sign or light on (like it stay turned off).
                                  I need help about it, and I want to know where to find the datasheet of the power and T-con boards
                                  Thanks

Comment

Re: Sony XBR-55XB810C Assistance Required Please.

(Not linked)

Comment

Re: Sony XBR-55XB810C Assistance Required Please.

I have one picture of the power board with the values of the voltage, but I don't know how to insert here

Comment

Comment

Sony TV Model XBR-55XB810C (Assistance Required Please).
                                          Hi
                                          Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                          X