Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Philips 47PDL6907K/12 Mainboard Replacement

Hi!

I got the TV in the title. Unfortunately the mainboard died which is a well known failure of those sh*t Philips tv's.

Now to my question:
    I got a working mainboard from an 47PFL6007K/12 for a very very cheap price and it arrives soon. The mainboard is pretty much the same besides one unpopulated hdmi connector which I don't care about. The board also has a smaller ffc connector for the front panel but the footprint for the larger one is on the board so replacing it will be easy.

Now to the important question.. Is there a way to flash the matching firmware for my tv? I know you can manually run updated through usb with the .upg file. I read somewhere that you can flash "wrong" firmwares in SDM mode. I already got the correct file for my tv. I also know that you have to enter the panel and option codes. It would be highly appreciated if someone can explain how to do this.

I'll attach 2 photos for comparison.

47PFL6007K/12 Mainboard

I'm talking about the small ffc connector left to the lvds connectors. You can see the footprint for the larger one is there.

47PDL6907K/12 Mainboard

Those are pictures taken from google. I don't have any high res images of the boards.
    Last edited by KvnTM; 11-07-2019, 08:32 AM.

Re: Philips 47PDL6907K/12 Mainboard Replacement

bump

Comment

as i know..it passed, but only inter the panel code to the replacement and don't run your original FW. just do FW to the one you replaced to recover the T-CON driver

Comment

Ok, thanks. I'll let you know once it arrives. What about the function codes?
        You mean i shouldn't flash another firmware on the replacement board and only enter the panel code?

The old board is damaged beyond repair and doesn't turn on at all so i can't do anything with it. In fact, the cpu is desoldered from the board. Thermal stress has ripped a few pads from it. Philips didn't really think about their heatsink. It is too small and the cpu cooked itself to death and bent the board which ripped the pads.
        Last edited by KvnTM; 11-09-2019, 02:07 PM.

Comment

there are no function code. you are going to put used MB not blank manufacture one.

panel code enough and firmware designed to the used boards. some time hard reset do the job if there no firmware.

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post
            there are no function code. you are going to put used MB not blank manufacture one.

panel code enough and firmware designed to the used boards. some time hard reset do the job if there no firmware.
            AFAIK there are function codes and panel codes on Philips TVs. Mine has two square boxes on the case one labeled option code.

*Those are named Option Codes and not Function Codes

I took a picture from the back of the unit..

Comment

you wrote at yours post 4 function code LOL
              Option Code are ready injected at the used one. .. yours Original MB had more option out put.. the used one had less.. both are designed to 3D .. so you will be fine with out Option Code.
              BTW it may come the used one same panel code.. Philips used one-3 source only of Panel manufactures so round 90% the one will come had same code 426.
              Last edited by Diah; 11-09-2019, 05:52 PM.

Comment

Yeah I got that wrong in the first time

OK. I'll give it a show and report back.
                Thanks dude

Comment

Welp... I guess I can write this tv off. The seller is an a**hole and tried to scam me. He didn't ship it, doesn't respond anymore, phone turned off. He's answering to my 2nd account though. I'll mess with him for a little bit. He lives somewhat close to me.. Maybe I'll give him a visit soon. Good thing i paid with PayPal.

I guess anybody in Germany can relate to "eBay kleinanzeigen" a**holes... Damn i don't know what's wrong with society these days.

Comment

Working...
                  X