help repair Scorpion SC-6989 12v cordless impact driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help repair Scorpion SC-6989 12v cordless impact driver

Hi I got this Scorpion High Quality Products model SC-6989 12v impact driver and the problem is it only runs on full speed and LED light doesn't light up.
    I got the tool with two dead batteries and I already using the good 18650 cells from the two made one working battery.
    Initially when I got it I once hooked up a good 12v battery to it and it powered up and LED worked but now depressing the trigger only makes it run on full speed or nothing so there's no variable speed, but to be honest I'm not sure if this tool has a variable speed trigger. Also LED doesn't light up anymore.

On the PCB I measured 0.3ohm on a component that I circled in red in my photograph, is that a capacitor? Does that reading mean something? It doesn't have markings on it. The component was glued down and I bent it up.
    Attached Files

Re: help repair Scorpion SC-6989 12v cordless impact driver

L1 is a choke (inductor), and it should show on the multimeter.

Comment

see if the mosfet LR8726 is shorted.
      and test the led with your meter in diode-mode

Comment

thanks for your replies.
        I tested the mosfet LR8726 with one multimeter lead on the larger left metal part of it and the other alternately on each of the 3 smaller pins on it's other side, see photos where first measurement reads 0.3ohm, second 0ohm, third 84.8ohm. What do the measurements mean?
        I tested the LED in diode mode and it reads 1.453 and reversing leads gives no reading. What do the measurements mean?
        Attached Files

Comment

the diode test meters low, but the test usually makes it light up.

the mosfet is shorted - probably.
          you need to remove it and test again.
          the tab is connected to the middle pin - thats why you got 0 ohms, but the outer pair shouldnt look like that!

Comment

Working...
          X