Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7 segment LED display with different pinout

Hello!

I need to replace a green 7 segment LED display that has the common anode at pins 5,6 but I've only found ones with common anode at pins 3,8 and of course I cannot fit them into the circuit.
    Do you know what kind of display is this and where can I find one ?

best regards

Re: 7 segment LED display with different pinout

It's a single digit? What size? Do you have the original part number.

Comment

replace or fit into unconfigured PCB holes?
      Picture of device? Size/distance between rows?

All of the 0.3" single digit CA devices I've seen were standardized in pinout to that of the original MAN1 ...

Comment

The first 7-segment LED display MAN-1 ?
        Mid-1970's I made a digital clock using 0.3" green MAN-54 I think and they were so dim and expensive. Every year they got brighter and price got lower.
        Anyhow, that became a standard pinout for anything like it.

OP, check how you are numbering the pins. Missing pins are usually numbered but not always.

Comment

Not sure, but it was probably Monsanto's (Bayer?) first DIP14 7-segment.
          HP, TI, and then even more clones end up using the same pinout for some reason, with the exception if the decimal point (left vs right), commas, and sign (for the ±1 display) use different pins.

Comment

My old Quest SuperELF uses Fairchild FND500 series and there's the smaller FND357 - both of which have the pins along the top and bottom, that's the second style of LED display pinout that is common. These have pin 3,8 as common.
            Attached Files

Comment

So far I've come across three "standards" for 7-segment, the 0.2" 10-pin (pins parallel to height), the 0.3" 14-pin (pins parallel to height), and the 0.6" 10-pin (pins parallel to width).

I also see some 0.3" 10-pin and likewise is parallel to height, so there are a lot of variations. Seems the 0.2" and 0.3" 10-pin "parallel to height" may have the same pinout...

Comment

Yes it's a single digit, about 0.6" with 10 pins parallel to width. I can't find a part number.
                The only difference is the non-standard pinout, common anode is at 5,6 instead of central pins.

Comment

Usual Fairchild-style, pin 5 is DP and pin 6 is B-segment, with 3,8 common.
                  I did see an alternate pinout, for the 10-pin (across the top and bottom) LED display.
                  There is common on pin 5,10 which is the opposite corners, with DP pin 4, C-segment pin 3, G-segment pin 8. Not sure where this pinout-style came from.
                  There's 0.56" (14.2mm) height and 0.6" (15mm) height.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by redwire View Post
                    Usual Fairchild-style, pin 5 is DP and pin 6 is B-segment, with 3,8 common.
                    I did see an alternate pinout, for the 10-pin (across the top and bottom) LED display.
                    There is common on pin 5,10 which is the opposite corners, with DP pin 4, C-segment pin 3, G-segment pin 8. Not sure where this pinout-style came from.
                    There's 0.56" (14.2mm) height and 0.6" (15mm) height.
                    This has exactly the same pinout on the bottom side and a little different on the top side, but I guess would be much easier to fit than the standard 7 segment pinout.
                    I attach a picture of the actual pinout I'm looking for. Has anyone ever seen it ?

Regards
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by ADF79; 12-30-2021, 04:22 PM.

Comment

I see nothing like that, even going back to the 70's. Maybe post pics of the display.
                      It would be very odd to break conventions and use that nutty pinout.

Comment

hmm necro post but found something interesting.

The pinout desired seems to match one half the standardized 18-pin dual digit '88' common anode pinout. Unfortunately the other digit needs to be dealt with.

Pinout of the 18-pin is like

(18)F1 G1 A1 B1 CA1 CA2 F2 A2 B2(10)
                        (1) E1 D1 C1 P1 E2 D2 G2 C2 P2(9)
                        Course having E2 where CA1 should be doesn't help.

Comment

Working...
                        X