No announcement yet.

BAUER 20V Brushless Cordless Air Compressors modifications that I am doing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BAUER 20V Brushless Cordless Air Compressors modifications that I am doing

Why are you not converting the compressor to fit for example the big Milwaukee battery and use the Milwaukee charger?

Comment

I am but because this battery pack was a available and this battery pack has twice the amp hour capacity and I want to see if I could get the buss bar cut with out damaging the tabbing or any of the battery cells

On this battery packs I not using a tool battery charger because I am using a BMS balancing protection board so I fast charge this battery pack because it was made for it
      Attached Files
      Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 05-14-2023, 05:59 PM.
      9 PC LCD Monitor
      6 LCD Flat Screen TV
      30 Desk Top Switching Power Supply
      10 Battery Charger Switching Power Supply for Power Tool
      6 18v Lithium Battery Power Boards for Tool Battery Packs
      1 XBox 360 Switching Power Supply and M Board
      25 Servo Drives 220/460 3 Phase
      6 De-soldering Station Switching Power Supply 1 Power Supply
      1 Dell Mother Board
      15 Computer Power Supply
      1 HP Printer Supply & Control Board * lighting finished it *

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

1 Over Head Crane Current Sensing Board ( VFD Failure Five Years Later )
      2 Hem Saw Computer Stack Board

All of these had CAPs POOF
      All of the mosfet that are taken out by bad caps

Comment

wondering what the duty cycle is for the compressor .

Comment

Originally posted by petehall347 View Post
          wondering what the duty cycle is for the compressor .

Good question because I have no idea but I guess I going to find out shortly after I get the BMS balancing protection board wired up but this is another day
          9 PC LCD Monitor
          6 LCD Flat Screen TV
          1 Dell Mother Board
          15 Computer Power Supply

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

Comment

Originally posted by CapLeaker View Post
            Why are you not converting the compressor to fit for example the big Milwaukee battery and use the Milwaukee charger?
            I can not hook up this battery pack to Milwaukee battery charger because the 12 amp hour battery packs make the battery charge run extremely warm and I really do not want to push it much more than a 12 amp hour battery pack
            9 PC LCD Monitor
            6 LCD Flat Screen TV
            1 Dell Mother Board
            15 Computer Power Supply

Comment

I do have a couple of Milwaukee defective chargers enclosure that are not worth fixing them so I going to eventually turn them into the same thing that I did with the HERCULES charger but unfortunately Milwaukee does not have a dual charger base so I will have to mount two of them to a cutting board to keep them together
              Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 05-14-2023, 07:53 PM.
              9 PC LCD Monitor
              6 LCD Flat Screen TV
              1 Dell Mother Board
              15 Computer Power Supply

Comment

Originally posted by sam_sam_sam View Post
                I can not hook up this battery pack to Milwaukee battery charger because the 12 amp hour battery packs make the battery charge run extremely warm and I really do not want to push it much more than a 12 amp hour battery pack
                Well, I guess that depends on what Milwaukee charger you have. I've got now 2 Milwaukee tools, one has a fast charger, the other one does not.

Comment

I have both versions as well and I use the faster charger but even this one gets extremely warm when charging the 12 amp hour battery pack so this is the reason I really do not want to use it to charge this battery pack and I have a feeling that this charger might error out like the other two ( brand ) battery chargers have trying to charge a much bigger battery than it was designed for ( you would have to reset the battery charger a couple of times to completely charged )
                  Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 05-18-2023, 08:01 PM.
                  9 PC LCD Monitor
                  6 LCD Flat Screen TV
                  1 Dell Mother Board
                  15 Computer Power Supply

Comment

i'm surprised you dont have a programamble charger like a B6 clone.
                    those can charge upto about 24v

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
                      i'm surprised you dont have a programamble charger like a B6 clone.
                      those can charge upto about 24v
                      I have both the original and the clone but I prefer the original one because it allows you to plot it on your tablet or computer

But there is an issue with how long the BMS protection connection wires are and if you can find the longer wires for the BMS the connector does not fit the B6 balance connector so this is an issue that I have not so far found a good solution for this issue

The ones that I have found on eBay for the B6 battery tester balance wires are very short and some have the red / black wires in the wrong place and you have to change them around so you do not hook it up wrong
                      Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 05-19-2023, 06:41 PM.
                      9 PC LCD Monitor
                      6 LCD Flat Screen TV
                      1 Dell Mother Board
                      15 Computer Power Supply

Comment

Well I have made progress on this project I finally put battery packs in the one enclosure and I finally hooked up the BMS balancing protection boards now I have to work on charging system for these two battery packs to charge at the same time which is going to be a real challenge to do and I have not quite figured this part out yet stay tuned for updates in the future
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 06-11-2023, 01:50 PM.
                        9 PC LCD Monitor
                        6 LCD Flat Screen TV
                        1 Dell Mother Board
                        15 Computer Power Supply

Comment

Today I had a chance to run the battery operated air compressor and what a difference a big enough battery pack makes for operating this device it does not take very long for the air pressure to come up and cycle off

But I have an issue with one of BMS balancing protection board when you are charging it it becomes very warm at 4 amps and when you run the air compressor it also becomes very warm very quickly the other BMS balancing protection board stays cool when charging and running the air compressor I going to buy two more of them and return the BMS board because of getting warm while charging and discharging it which is what is not suppose to happen

I still have to work on the charger system for this battery packs and make the wiring harness for the battery packs I just have it temporarily hooked to see if the concept would work and if was doable and if anything needed to be changed for it to work correctly

I have a battery operated lawnmower that also has a battery pack issue that I going to modify it battery pack as well using the same battery pack that I bought from Battery Hookup I just have to figure out how I am going to hookup the battery wires to the lawnmower and also the charging system as well

I did some pim

Stay tune for more to come
                          Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 06-17-2023, 09:18 AM.
                          9 PC LCD Monitor
                          6 LCD Flat Screen TV
                          1 Dell Mother Board
                          15 Computer Power Supply

Comment

Working...
                          X