JCCON caps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JCCON caps

Hi. I have a question, JCCON make a decent/usable capacitor or is better to avoid it? I see they sell the capacitor direct from its official store on AliExpress and eBay and the review is not bad but, honestly don't know whether to trust it or not. Thank you very much

Re: JCCON caps

I wouldn't buy if this is their quality control...

Comment

I also found this review. In russian but more accurate. For sure is not a super capacitor brand but maybe maybe usable. https://otzovik.com/review_7950761.html

Comment

Anything not Japanese (exception being large caps made by Epcos/TDK and Cornell Dubilier) is automatically considered not long-term reliable by me.

At best, these might do as good as 2nd grade caps... i.e. Teapo, OST, Su'scon, SamWha, Sam Young, and other brands that we see in big OEMs.

But I suspect they won't do even that well. Probably more along the lines of other no-name junk capacitors.

So if you put these in a hot PSU or stressful motherboard (or other HF circuit), don't expect the repair to last.

Originally posted by Rugon View Post
        For sure is not a super capacitor brand but maybe maybe usable.
        You'd have to define that.

Anything is "usable", depending what you use it for.

I use blown Sacon FZ caps to bust them open and take their rubber bungs to use as rubber feet for laptops and whatnot. Otherwise, as far as capacitors go, Sacon FZ are totally useless and worthless.

Now, I don't like to speak about brands I have not had any experience with (in this case, JCCON.) But just the name sounds like a typical generic Chinese garbage capacitor. So I'd trust it no more than CapXon or some other garbage brand... and probably even less than used Japanese GP capacitors from 20+ year old TV sets.

Comment

Originally posted by momaka View Post
          Anything not Japanese (exception being large caps made by Epcos/TDK and Cornell Dubilier) is automatically considered not long-term reliable by me.

At best, these might do as good as 2nd grade caps... i.e. Teapo, OST, Su'scon, SamWha, Sam Young, and other brands that we see in big OEMs.

But I suspect they won't do even that well. Probably more along the lines of other no-name junk capacitors.

So if you put these in a hot PSU or stressful motherboard (or other HF circuit), don't expect the repair to last.

You'd have to define that.

Anything is "usable", depending what you use it for.

I use blown Sacon FZ caps to bust them open and take their rubber bungs to use as rubber feet for laptops and whatnot. Otherwise, as far as capacitors go, Sacon FZ are totally useless and worthless.

Now, I don't like to speak about brands I have not had any experience with (in this case, JCCON.) But just the name sounds like a typical generic Chinese garbage capacitor. So I'd trust it no more than CapXon or some other garbage brand... and probably even less than used Japanese GP capacitors from 20+ year old TV sets.
          Hi, I will be more precise, I have a Delta GPS-300 ab c (now i don't have a picture) and i opened it, inside I found 4 bad capxon GL caps And I replaced them, but definitely not with the best capacitors (old elite, samxon and OST), in any case the PSU work good (at least the voltage regulation I don't know about ripple) And it doesn't make any weird noises. So my question is, can I use this JCCON caps on none critical rail (3.3V and 5V)?
          With usable I mean if this JCCON capacitor guarantee me at least 2/3 years of use and a mV of ripple Within ATX limits. If they are like capxon for me is ok, I use this PSU on secondary pc that I use 1 hour every 2 day.

Comment

With usable I mean if this JCCON capacitor guarantee me at least 2/3 years of use and a mV of ripple Within ATX limits. If they are like capxon for me is ok, I use this PSU on secondary pc that I use 1 hour every 2 day.
            That's the problem with cheap obscure cap brands - no one knows for sure how long they will last. They might last 2-3 years, or they might just last a year or less. Or they might last well past 5 years. It's down to how they were made at the time - i.e. how good or bad quality were the resources/material that were used for the caps (aluminum foil purity) and also the electrolyte formula they used.

Otherwise, as far as ripple is concerned, they should keep the PSU in spec, even if they aren't exactly the best low-ESR caps (just maybe not under absolute full load... but hardly anyone pushes their PSU to 100%, except for reviewers.) And the caps will certainly do better than bulged/bad CapXon, that's for sure - at least until they are good.

So my question is, can I use this JCCON caps on none critical rail (3.3V and 5V)?
            Absolutely.
            If anything, they might actually last a little longer on those rails, since they should be under less stress. But, again, who knows how long they will last.

I guess keep us updated if you use them so we can see how long they make it.

And I replaced them, but definitely not with the best capacitors (old elite, samxon and OST)
            Well, not having seen JCCON in anything OEM, I don't think they would be any better than Elite, Samxon, and OST... so if those Elite, Samxon, and OST caps work OK for now, just keep them in there. Going with the JCCON probably won't have any benefits in terms of reliability or filtering. Also, unless they are dirt-cheap, I refuse to spend money on obscure brands... but that's just my personal preference.

Comment

Originally posted by momaka View Post
              That's the problem with cheap obscure cap brands - no one knows for sure how long they will last. They might last 2-3 years, or they might just last a year or less. Or they might last well past 5 years. It's down to how they were made at the time - i.e. how good or bad quality were the resources/material that were used for the caps (aluminum foil purity) and also the electrolyte formula they used.

Otherwise, as far as ripple is concerned, they should keep the PSU in spec, even if they aren't exactly the best low-ESR caps (just maybe not under absolute full load... but hardly anyone pushes their PSU to 100%, except for reviewers.) And the caps will certainly do better than bulged/bad CapXon, that's for sure - at least until they are good.

Absolutely.
              If anything, they might actually last a little longer on those rails, since they should be under less stress. But, again, who knows how long they will last.

I guess keep us updated if you use them so we can see how long they make it.

Well, not having seen JCCON in anything OEM, I don't think they would be any better than Elite, Samxon, and OST... so if those Elite, Samxon, and OST caps work OK for now, just keep them in there. Going with the JCCON probably won't have any benefits in terms of reliability or filtering. Also, unless they are dirt-cheap, I refuse to spend money on obscure brands... but that's just my personal preference.
              Ok. Thank you very much for your answer maybe in the future I buy this JJCON for testing it�� And if I do I will keep you updated.

Comment

I've recently used some JCCON "low ESR" caps in my HP54600. I guess it's working for now, but I'll definitely do an update if something fishy happens.

Initial capacitance measurements were alright, though I can't tell whether they've been properly formed (also haven't checked ESR/ESL as the part of the circuit wasn't really ESR-sensitive).

I think as long as it's not really a critical item, any capacitor that isn't completely borked can be coined "usable".
                t. Anon

Comment

Working...
                X