Sewing machine Husqvarna 1610 electric contact

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sewing machine Husqvarna 1610 electric contact

can someone say how to put this plug together, there are two cords, one goes to the pedal and the other from wall plug to sewing machine. Don't know if the pedal should get its power from the motor, it's a bit confusing because the two cords coming from the motor are brown colored, don't know which is live or ground the blue and brown cord comes from the lamp. if anyone knows grateful
    Attached Files

Re: Sewing machine Husqvarna 1610 electric contact

I'm not sure what you mean by "how to put this plug together" as it looks like it is already together.
    Going by picture 1, it looks like the connector next to the switch (2 pins) is for the foot pedal, and the connector on the right (2 pins) is for the a/c line. Post a picture of both the foot pedal and the a/c line cord.
    Last edited by R_J; 04-22-2023, 09:16 PM.

Comment

here some other pictures. The cord is connected ground together and live as you see in the picture it must be wrong if you can point which is ground or which is live on the plug on the sewing machine
      Attached Files

Comment

It seems this foot switch is not for this model sewing machine, The machine uses 4 wires, and I would think the footswitch is on the neutral or ground, but in this situation I don't think it really matters. The footswitch must just turn the motor on and off, it is not a variable speed footswitch.

The first picture connects the wires using black as neutral as the two center pins are connected by a coil. The second picture has the two black wires separated and each connected to its own pin on the sewing machine. Either should work.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by R_J; 04-23-2023, 12:28 PM.

Comment

then the white wire is + Live? = "the two center pins are connected by a coil " have to be Live ?

Comment

I have no idea which pin is the LIVE pin on that plug in your country, It looks like the plug can be inserted in the outlet either way, so it would not matter which is the live pin as neither is connected to the machine case.
            All you are doing is turning a motor on and off, with a foot switch, how complicated can it be?

In Canada the White wire is neutral and the live wire is Black, if the plug is not polarized, it doesn't matter
            Last edited by R_J; 04-23-2023, 03:06 PM.

Comment

in our country Sweden brown is neutral and bleu is live or bleu = + and black neutral and if it is grounded then it is bleu + brown - and yellow-green soil.
              But this construction in the machine only matches half way bleu and brown that goes to the lamp but then the white that is to laid. Going by picture 1, it looks like the connector next to the switch (2 pins) is for the foot pedal, and the connector on the right (2 pins) is for the a/c line. Post a picture of both the foot pedal and the a/c line cord.

Comment

live neutral reversed shouldnt matter much . it would confuse me as brown is live and blue neutral here .
                on another note the correct cable with plug is available to buy new .

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
                  The footswitch must just turn the motor on and off, it is not a variable speed footswitch
                  It is pedal with variabile resistance, not only on off switch. Motor speed depends on how much is pedal presed. Motor is stoped if no presure on pedal, go slow if some touch is present, and go full speed if stepped on it to the flor.

Comment

Originally posted by petehall347 View Post
                    live neutral reversed shouldnt matter much . it would confuse me as brown is live and blue neutral here .
                    on another note the correct cable with plug is available to buy new .
                    have searched to buy but can not find do you have any link to it? It's an old machine but looks like new except for this missing connector
                    but i think the correct coupling is -++- it's a bit confusing with coil in those two middle connectors

Comment

Originally posted by harp View Post
                      It is pedal with variabile resistance, not only on off switch. Motor speed depends on how much is pedal presed. Motor is stoped if no presure on pedal, go slow if some touch is present, and go full speed if stepped on it to the flor.
                      Lets hope the variable resistor can handle this motor's current. I know most foot pedals have a variable resistor and switch, but some are meant to control a motor speed controller not the motor directly.

Comment

Originally posted by bohaboha View Post
                        have searched to buy but can not find do you have any link to it? It's an old machine but looks like new except for this missing connector
                        but i think the correct coupling is -++- it's a bit confusing with coil in those two middle connectors
                        Maybe this will help, disconnect the two black wires from each other so you have two separate cables, one for the power and one for the switch.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Lets hope the variable resistor can handle this motor's current. I know most foot pedals have a variable resistor and switch, but some are meant to control a motor speed controller not the motor directly.
                          The problem right now is not "The variable resistor" except how do I connect the pedal plus the power to the machine? which cord to go to the right hole (plug) is -++- option ok = -+ pedal +- wall socket ?
                          Last edited by bohaboha; 04-23-2023, 07:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bohaboha View Post
                            The problem right now is not "The variable resistor" except how do I connect the pedal plus the power to the machine? which cord to go to the right hole (plug) is -++- option ok = -+ pedal +- wall socket ?
                            There is no + and - it is AC voltage, connect it like I already showed you. Is that a polarized AC plug ??? if not who cares which way it is connected.

Comment

Maybe this will help, disconnect the two black wires from each other so you have two separate cables, one for the power and one for the switch.
                              Sorry didn't see your reply

Comment

There is no + and - it is AC voltage, connect it like I already showed you. Is that a polarized AC plug ??? if not who cares which way it is connected.
                                I think it's a polarized AC plug

Comment

see how it is shaped the male plug enters in one way

Comment

The motor should not be a concern, the only item that would be a concern would be the lamp. The lamp socket (the outer part that has the threads) should be connected to neutral. other than that, everything else should be isolated and never exposed to a live line

Comment

The motor should not be a concern, the only item that would be a concern would be the lamp. The lamp socket (the outer part that has the threads) should be connected to neutral. other than that, everything else should be isolated and never exposed to a live line
                                      The lamp is no problem because it is already plugged into this connector it is the one that has the bleu cord and black cord and it should be bleu =+ (live)and black - (gnd) and it is in its place isolated
                                      Last edited by bohaboha; 04-23-2023, 08:01 PM.

Comment

Last edited by R_J; 04-23-2023, 08:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                        X