Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP 2000 - 14Volt instead of 3.3 volt

Hi friends,
    Hope everyone is safe and healthy. I have this HP 2000 series laptop which has no display. Upon checking I found that 3.3 always volt id not generated , instead it generates 14 volt. I have replaced the upper mosfet but still the same. There is no/negligible gate voltage of the mosfet.
    5 volt is generated fine though.

Is the step down IC faulty ? Please advise

MB PART NO : 010170100-600-G
    Attached Files

Re: HP 2000 - 14Volt instead of 3.3 volt

do you have the schematics of this hp 2000
    Never stop LEARNING because life never stops TEACHING!

Comment

The schematic is already posted - https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...10170100-600-G
      All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

schematics doesnt match...
        Never stop LEARNING because life never stops TEACHING!

Comment

Originally posted by Duranitron View Post
          schematics doesnt match...
          Yeah it doesnt match .. Any further assistance on I have 14 volt instead of 3.3 always ..

Comment

Can anyone guess what could be the reason ..

Comment

Measure it on the other side of the coil or cap connected to 3v coil.

Comment

Originally posted by mcplslg123 View Post
                Measure it on the other side of the coil or cap connected to 3v coil.
                If i remove the upper mosfet connected to the 3V line, i notice that there is no voltage even on the 5volt line.

I would also like to mention that if i trigger the board, it the led glows, the fan spins and the cpu also gets heated. However there is no display and obviously there is 14 volt on the coil of 3.3 volt line.

Comment

I really doubt there is actually 14V on the 3.3V rail. That would kill whatever that's on it and the computer wouldn't turn on. Make sure you are measuring after the inductor. Cheap multimeters will display random numbers when measuring before it, where the voltage is switching at high frequencies.
                  OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

I agree with piernov's views and thats why i suggested to measure on the other side of the coil or the cap connected to 3v coil. You have not answered that. If you really get 14v on coil which is supposed to be 3v, mb will get fried the moment it is turned on. So do check again.

Comment

Working...
                    X