Lenovo Thinkpad E30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lenovo Thinkpad E30

Reflow the GPU. I own a computer repair shop and lately have found a lot of laptops can be revived by heating (reflowing) the GPU. Even did one that was showing bad CPU!

We use this:
    http://www.amazon.com/852D-Soldering.../dp/B009POW2XA

Lots of videos on YT to help you.

Tom

Comment

I have http://honeybear.en.ec21.com/WDS-450...9_5709721.html so I know how to reflow, you see reflowing will not help you need to insert new parts as the RAM was changed on a turned on laptop...

Comment

852D+ .... I had one of those and was bloody awful! Temps are way out, Diaphragm pump is crap lol... Get an IR or HR station if you are in the business of reflowing etc , I only ever use my 992D+ for setting the balls and removing smaller SMD components.

Nice machine Tomas9t1 , I am using a BIRD AC 5000

Comment

Originally posted by newtothis View Post
          852D+ .... I had one of those and was bloody awful! Temps are way out, Diaphragm pump is crap lol... Get an IR or HR station if you are in the business of reflowing etc , I only ever use my 992D+ for setting the balls and removing smaller SMD components.

Nice machine Tomas9t1 , I am using a BIRD AC 5000
          I'm thinking of buying IR6500, any ideas? Damn I need help with E30 , can't find pattern for CPU

Comment

Originally posted by Tomas9t1 View Post
            I'm thinking of buying IR6500, any ideas? Damn I need help with E30 , can't find pattern for CPU
            Don't even touch the IR6500 bud, Bottom heater is really small... Scotle IR6000 v5 has a bigger and more efficient bottom heater

No pattern... If No Heat Stencils find the nearest universal pattern and fill the spare holes with candle wax.... Easy to clean off after by using boiling water

Send me a PM if your after any advice
            Last edited by newtothis; 04-15-2015, 07:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by newtothis View Post
              Don't even touch the IR6500 bud, Bottom heater is really small... Scotle IR6000 v5 has a bigger and more efficient bottom heater

No pattern... If No Heat Stencils find the nearest universal pattern and fill the spare holes with candle wax.... Easy to clean off after by using boiling water

Send me a PM if your after any advice
              I thouth that 6500 was upgraded version of 6000 :O

Comment

Lenovo Thinkpad E30 ok working bios.
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X